+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
I have been told by some that applying separately is better than applying as a family...some other people say the opposite is true..I already submitted a family application in August 2011 and got a pre-test RQ for my wife, submitted it, and still waiting but I just wanted to raise this question so we get your experiences and also let those who haven't applied yet to know about the best way to do it. Anyone applied from Kitchener and got a pre-test RQ like our case?!!
Thanks!

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
egyo said:
I have been told by some that applying separately is better than applying as a family...some other people say the opposite is true..I already submitted a family application in August 2011 and got a pre-test RQ for my wife, submitted it, and still waiting but I just wanted to raise this question so we get your experiences and also let those who haven't applied yet to know about the best way to do it. Anyone applied from Kitchener and got a pre-test RQ like our case?!!
Thanks!
Applying separate can be good... but it all depends on who is handling your case. Me and my wife applied together. I got a RQ and the officer who was reviewing our application suggested to split the application so that she can get her citizenship.. Her case went through and she got her citizenship...

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi cadvis, I would like to ask please how did you split your application ?

Thanks

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Where is every one??????
did anyone get a reply who applied in 2010 march for citizenship????

mine is still in processing.

Ali.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@cadvis Thank you so much for your feedback! I am just wondering if you get this interview before or after the test! We got RQ for my wife before the test who happened to be out of the country for some medical reasons...then when she is back the RQ was past due! We called the CIC and they asked to fax them a letter explaining the situation and send the RQ which we did like a week ago. I am not sure if this will affect the whole case or not?!
Also, is it possible to call/fax the CIC and just ask to split the case?! Thanks :)

delphillip

Aug 22, 2012
Office: Kitchener, Ontario.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 24, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 24, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2012.(RQ issued by Sydney in the same day)

Sent CIC a letter in the mid of October (before the 45 business days deadline) to told them I can't get CBSA report on time and I would send them all the documents once I got the report. Some friends on this forum may think I was crazy or I am bragging here, but I don't want to waste my money and time by sending them two packages. Plus, I am confident that they will not touch my rq files before they receive all documents they need.

Sent all RQ documents in the end of November.

Called CIC at the beginning of January 2013 to confirm that they have received my documents. I was told that my files were transferred to St Clair office Toronto. Strange...but what I can do except waiting.

We sent you a notice on February 19, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

Today, I received a invitation to attend oath on April 22nd. The letter was issued on April 8th.

Good luck everybody!

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
egyo said:
@ cadvis Thank you so much for your feedback! I am just wondering if you get this interview before or after the test! We got RQ for my wife before the test who happened to be out of the country for some medical reasons...then when she is back the RQ was past due! We called the CIC and they asked to fax them a letter explaining the situation and send the RQ which we did like a week ago. I am not sure if this will affect the whole case or not?!
Also, is it possible to call/fax the CIC and just ask to split the case?! Thanks :)
you could call them....

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks! But did you call or you just asked for separating files during your interview?! I called and they sent me the following:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

File Separation or Transfer

To request a file separation or transfer, you must follow these instructions:

Send a fax/letter to the responsible local office including your:

Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI);
file ID number;
name;
address;
telephone number; and
the reason why the application should be processed separately/elsewhere.

The local office will evaluate your request and make a final decision. Please note that there is no guarantee that the file will be separated/transferred.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
i already completed my 38 months since i applied,
now they asked me to wait to another 16 months to meet citizenship judge hearing.
unbelievable !!!!!!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for citizenship in July 2011. I also got RQ....first RQ in June 2012....I never received a letter nor anything updated online. Got RQ letter again in Feb 2013, saying that I have 45 days..etc. Submitted RQ documenation. Now I am just wanting to hear from CIC.

I called CIC and they confirmed that they received my RQ.

I will be sending additional information this month to strengthen my case. I still travel back to my home country to vist every year. Some people dont leave the country while waiting. I think 3 to 5 fives is not a big deal.

I applied from Vancouver by the way.

Hopefully, everyone of us here will receive the result as soon as possible.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
nguyentu2001,

Great that you go home and touch base. It's important to keep up the link with family. I am sure even CIC officers are human beings and understand when people go home on vacation and come back.

It would be inhuman and cruel to punish oneself and not go back home every year just because our record has to look super clean with ZERO travel or someone said you should not travel AT ALL- even to go see family. We live in an increasingly global world and travel is just part of it.

pipitop

Apr 15, 2013
I have also received RQ today.

My timeline is:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 24, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 24, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2013.

RQ letter from Erin Mills office today :(

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Is any one facing like my year of submission?

Where is every one???
did anyone get a reply who applied in 2010 march for citizenship?

mine is still in processing.

Ali.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pipitop said:
I have also received RQ today.

My timeline is:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 24, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 24, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 31, 2013.

RQ letter from Erin Mills office today :(
I think it is quite common that people gettingRQ these days, so you should just take it easy. Please make sure to prepare and organize all papers necessary to back up your case. As long as you stayed in Canada during the three years, you should have no probelm at all. I even submitted my RQ a year later..Cheer sup.