+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

canadiannew

Mar 27, 2008
Hello all,

First, i want to thank all the people here for all the help with submitting my application for PR and for the citizenship.
I am now joined the long line of applicants waiting for citizenship and i wanted to post my timeline as well as my experience so far.

My local office is St. Clair and here is my timeline so far:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 28, 2012.

We sent you a letter on January 2, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I have applied together with my common in law partner in December 2011, but i have sent 2 sets of his pictures-for the citizenship and for the passport, instead mine and his for the citizenship. The office returned our applications to me in end of January 2012 with the letter advising me to send the correct photos. I have sent the correct pictures together with our returned applications immediately and they have received it on February 6th,2012.

On January 14th, 2012 we have received the letters from CIC office asking my partner for his height and me for the photocopy of all pages of my old passport and my height. We have sent them all within a few days and haven't heard from them until March 5th, 2013 when they sent us RQ's for both of us from Sydney office advising us to send completed RQ's with all documents to ST.Clair office within 45 days.

My partner has been living in Toronto since March 2006 and i came on October 2007.
We have received our PR on May 2009.

We are now gathering all documents to send to CIC.

We have been employed here all the time and the only reason that i can think of why we received RQ's is because we traveled to US several times in past 4 years and as everybody knows, US border office don't put stamps on the passports usually or maybe because CIC's QA, i don't know.

At the time when we have applied, i have completed residence calculator and sent that together with our applications. We have more than 1,200 days as well as ties to Toronto together with good jobs, so hopefully everything will be ok.

Kind Regards to everybody.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Gopi said:
I have also received RQ today. 8)

@ gopi and canadiannew
sorry to hear this,
but from now wait for 4 years,i applied in 2010 feb.
still waiting. :( :( :( :(

Ali.

Regret

Mar 17, 2013
I applied in 2007 but due to weak supporting documents I decided not to continue and I withdrawal my file actually I had a very bad interview with the officer after citizen test that she flagged my file and every time I come back home I had to go through Immigration office at the airport, anyway I felt that it makes no since to continue with that file, in April 2011 I reapplied and here is my time line:

Applied April 11, 2011
April 25, 2011 acknowledge letter
Pre-test RQ in 10 July, 2012
sent the RQ on 15 Aug. with all the supporting documents "five year school, Medical record almost visit every month, self employed and sent "not strong document very few transactions", strong bank and Visa statement, two mortgages for old and new house, three cars one sold and two exists, home and car insurance, four cell lines, cable, and utilities.
From Halifax, NS.
Nothing yet and still waiting.

Now due to my Father in law health condition I left in Sep 10,2012 and I will stay "me and my family" until September 2013 away from Canada and at this point I am not sure if I will be able to come back in September or I will extend my stay outside Canada one more year :(
I still own my house and my cars and filling Tax in Canada.

I am afraid of two things:
- They will delay my file because I am reapplying and had a flag on my PR file more than the average of Pre-test RQ cases.
- They will make a big issue about staying outside of Canada regardless that I fulfill the 1095 days by far and that I hade a genuine reason to stay outside.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Regret, how you know that you are flagged ?

If you are leaving for an extended time, you may need to inform CIC , this will give you credit of being attentive and honest.

Good luck

Regret

Mar 17, 2013
look4d said:
@ Regret, how you know that you are flagged ?

If you are leaving for an extended time, you may need to inform CIC , this will give you credit of being attentive and honest.

Good luck
@Look4d

Since 2007 every time I travel when I come back to Canada at any Canadian airport I have to go through immigration office.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@regret, Sorry to hear that, well, you will be fine eventually , it is frustrating and lengthy but it will come.
What kind of questions they ask you at the immigration office, if I may ask.

Cheers

adame

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
Regret said:
I applied in 2007 but due to weak supporting documents I decided not to continue and I withdrawal my file actually I had a very bad interview with the officer after citizen test that she flagged my file and every time I come back home I had to go through Immigration office at the airport, anyway I felt that it makes no since to continue with that file, in April 2011 I reapplied and here is my time line:

Applied April 11, 2011
April 25, 2011 acknowledge letter
Pre-test RQ in 10 July, 2012
sent the RQ on 15 Aug. with all the supporting documents "five year school, Medical record almost visit every month, self employed and sent "not strong document very few transactions", strong bank and Visa statement, two mortgages for old and new house, three cars one sold and two exists, home and car insurance, four cell lines, cable, and utilities.
From Halifax, NS.
Nothing yet and still waiting.

Now due to my Father in law health condition I left in Sep 10,2012 and I will stay "me and my family" until September 2013 away from Canada and at this point I am not sure if I will be able to come back in September or I will extend my stay outside Canada one more year :(
I still own my house and my cars and filling Tax in Canada.

I am afraid of two things:
- They will delay my file because I am reapplying and had a flag on my PR file more than the average of Pre-test RQ cases.
- They will make a big issue about staying outside of Canada regardless that I fulfill the 1095 days by far and that I hade a genuine reason to stay outside.
@ Regret
It will be very very useful to describe the interview and what was hard about it and why was it bad..
I really hope you don't mind sharing this with us in details

Regret

Mar 17, 2013
look4d said:
@ regret, Sorry to hear that, well, you will be fine eventually , it is frustrating and lengthy but it will come.
What kind of questions they ask you at the immigration office, if I may ask.

Cheers
Very normal questions such as where you been and for how long, my kids school name, my job, my address and most important point they use to focus on is to notify/remind me that I have to meet the residency requirement which is two years out of five in order to be able to renew my PR

Regret

Mar 17, 2013
adame said:
@ Regret
It will be very very useful to describe the interview and what was hard about it and why was it bad..
I really hope you don't mind sharing this with us in details
When I applied first time it was based on fact that me and my wife lived only for eight hundreds and some days and my kids went to school only one schooling year and I was very straight forward in answering some questions about that issue and the officer told me that he doesn't buy that me and my wife were living in Canada while my kids were not "he was right some how because we use to travel every now and then and stay for one to four month and we weren't covering the 1095 days" he mentioned that it could happen but I need to prove it and to show him clearly that this was the case and he gave my RQ and after I submitted I started to realize that I have a weak case and my supporting documents were not helping to prove the case "taking in consideration that my case been high lighted" therefore I decided not to go through that hassle and I preferred to withdrawal my file.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
After a long wait of 23 months, got a pretest RQ :mad: whenever i called the call center,they said your application is very smooth, nothing wrong you ll hear in a few days.it is so frustrating.did not visit my home country for the past 5 years, just because of this citizenship. I thought that once I would get the passport,only then I ll visit my home country. :-[
any advise,as I know you are the one who can give me the best advise.

thanks

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Gopi said:
I have also received RQ today. 8)
why did u get RQ? Any US or other country visits?

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
moti said:
After a long wait of 23 months, got a pretest RQ :mad: whenever i called the call center,they said your application is very smooth, nothing wrong you ll hear in a few days.it is so frustrating.did not visit my home country for the past 5 years, just because of this citizenship. I thought that once I would get the passport,only then I ll visit my home country. :-[
any advise,as I know you are the one who can give me the best advise.

thanks
Sorry to hear that. Whats your timeline?