+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

BubblyBoy

Mar 20, 2013
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May xx, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May xx, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December xx, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February xx, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March xx, 2013 at xx:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March xx, 2013.

I got the oath letter right after passing the test, same day. My oath ceremony was only one day appart from the date I passed the exam.
Start to finish = 11 months
Good luck to everyone!!!

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BubblyBoy said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May xx, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May xx, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on February xx, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on March xx, 2013 at xx:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I got the oath letter right after passing the test, same day. My oath ceremony was only one day appart from the date I passed the exam.
Good luck to everyone!!!
It doesn't look you received RQ, then why posting your timeline in this thread?

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Regret said:
I think that is a day dream even though its hard to believe :)
That time line is true to be believed. Me and my wife applied for citizenship end of march 2012. I got a letter for some clarification in January 2013. I responded right away. We were called for test on 22 march and 28th my wife got her citizenship. Unfortunately I got a RQ. If I had not got the letter in January, it would have been only 11 months for my wife case.

Maisa

Jun 14, 2012
Cadvis,
Sorry to hear you got RQ'd. Just a quick question did you & ur wife apply together or separately. If together how come your wife's application was processed? did she request to separate applications. I am asking because my husband is the one who got an RQ but all our files (family) is on hold.
Thanx,
Maisa

deepak1983

Mar 8, 2011
deepak1983 said:
Spoke to CIC two weeks ago. I was told that my application is going well and I can probably get a test date by October.

As I will be away from Canada for three weeks in June, I called them again this week to give the dates. This time I was told that my application is with an RQ now and it will need to be assessed in detail. It could take upto 48 months.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

My Timeline is very similar to you guys

Application sent: December 02, 2011
Acknowledgement Letter received: January 18, 2012
RQ received October 12, 2012
E CAS status changed to In Process on October 12, 2012

I have replied to the RQ with documents to CIC St Clair on October 19, 2012
Sent CBSA report to CIC (St Clair) on December 17, 2012

Sent an OHIP report to CIC on Jan 04, 2013

The CIC did not ask me for CBSA report (There was a checkbox on the RQ form to authorize CIC to get this info) or OHIP. I provided this additional info, hoping this would speedup the process.

Waiting...

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
BubblyBoy said:

Good luck to everyone!!!
Wowwww! amazing! Congrats! I have exactly the same timeline except my application is still in process from January 2013 :-(

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
RQ before test is not such a bad thing after all...we applied in Jan 2012, got RQd in Aug, appeared for test March 2013 and became citizens yesterday...15 months end to end. 8)

Tigerama

Apr 4, 2013
Ladybug said:
RQ before test is not such a bad thing after all...we applied in Jan 2012, got RQd in Aug, appeared for test March 2013 and became citizens yesterday...15 months end to end. 8)
It is very good! Congratulations! Can I ask you where you applied? Scarborough?

I applied in February 2012. The file was transfered to Scarborough in September. The same time, my wife received RQ. I have not heard from them eversince.

Thank you!

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Tigerama said:
It is very good! Congratulations! Can I ask you where you applied? Scarborough?

I applied in February 2012. The file was transfered to Scarborough in September. The same time, my wife received RQ. I have not heard from them eversince.

Thank you!
Ours was processed in Mississauga. If you didn't hear from them right after the transfer, then most probably, you are not getting the RQ

DaRulz

Sep 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladybug said:
Ours was processed in Mississauga. If you didn't hear from them right after the transfer, then most probably, you are not getting the RQ
Thanks Ladybug. I sent back my RQ to Mississauga office yesterday. before test RQ as well.
That office is really fast recently.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ladybug,

Was your RQ before test transferred to St. clair ?, as I know once you got RQ your file transfers to St. Clair , mine did.
Thanks

Tigerama

Apr 4, 2013
Ladybug said:
Thank you.
I did not get the RQ, my wife got the RQ at the same time when our case was transfered to Scarborough in Sept 2012. I guess Mississauga office is faster than Scarborough.

Does anyone know if any speed-up for RQ processing at Scarborough? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
look4d said:
@ ladybug,

Was your RQ before test transferred to St. clair ?, as I know once you got RQ your file transfers to St. Clair , mine did.
Thanks
Nope my application was completely processed in Mississauga