+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ and health records

bkhan

Sep 23, 2015
Hello everybody,

I am a Pakistani citizen facing a difficult situation right now.

I have bipolar disorder. Unfortunately, for fear of refusal, I didn't disclose it when I submitted my PR application, nor did I disclose it during my medical examination.

I entered Canada and became a permanent resident a couple of weeks back.

Now, I am reading about the dreaded residence questionnaire for PR card renewal and citizenship applications, and the fact that CIC also requires the submission of health records as part of the residence questionnaire.

I am not sure what to do at this point. If I reveal my bipolar disorder to health professionals in Canada and receive treatment here, this will become part of my health record in Canada.

When applying for citizenship or renewing PR status, I have heard that Pakistanis are more likely to receive the residence questionnaire, as Pakistan is considered a high risk country.

I would like to receive some feedback as to whether health records submitted as part of RQ are examined by CIC solely to validate if the candidate has met the residency requirement for renewal of PR status or citizenship, or would CIC also cross-check the submitted health record with the original PR application to rule out the possibility of misrepresentation.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
bkhan

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Hi bkhan,

The health records as part of CIT 0520 (or, for those with the full RQ, CIT 0171), only require records from the province to support your claim and residence. It doesn't include pre-PR health records, only the records in the time period to help examine qualification for citizenship or renewal of PR Card.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkhan said:
Hello everybody,

I am a Pakistani citizen facing a difficult situation right now.

I have bipolar disorder. Unfortunately, for fear of refusal, I didn't disclose it when I submitted my PR application, nor did I disclose it during my medical examination.

I entered Canada and became a permanent resident a couple of weeks back.

Now, I am reading about the dreaded residence questionnaire for PR card renewal and citizenship applications, and the fact that CIC also requires the submission of health records as part of the residence questionnaire.

I am not sure what to do at this point. If I reveal my bipolar disorder to health professionals in Canada and receive treatment here, this will become part of my health record in Canada.

When applying for citizenship or renewing PR status, I have heard that Pakistanis are more likely to receive the residence questionnaire, as Pakistan is considered a high risk country.

I would like to receive some feedback as to whether health records submitted as part of RQ are examined by CIC solely to validate if the candidate has met the residency requirement for renewal of PR status or citizenship, or would CIC also cross-check the submitted health record with the original PR application to rule out the possibility of misrepresentation.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
bkhan
Hi,
You can avoid RQ easily. Now that you have come to the forum. CIC for citizenship does not care about your medical history. You can always say you were diagnosed recently. Also keep all of your travel records (exit and entry stamps, boarding pass etc) make sure you have a lease or rental agreement, try and not move much stay in one address. Have bank accounts. If you travel out when you come back on the day you come back make a credit or debit transaction (with a card on your name). Scan that from your phone and upload it to the Google drive or icloud. All CIC is looking for in RQ is residency proof. Pay taxes even if you don't work.

You will be alright.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
chikloo said:
CIC for citizenship does not care about your medical history. You can always say you were diagnosed recently.
Chikloo, I don't think CIC would even bother asking.

I had to undergo two medical examinations (the second had to take place because the first one was about to expire), and in none of the examinations (by two different physicians, one in Canada, the other one abroad; the physician abroad knew my medical history in detail) they demonstrated interest in my mental health. They have a list of mandatory communicable diseases that one should be screened for (or had, back in 2008 and 2009), and mental disorders are not anywhere in the list thus many physicians don't even bother. It's not consistent — only some physicians will take note of that and inquire further. CIC would not be able to prosecute someone based on what a physician left out for whatever reason, and CIC lacks any indication that it was left out because the applicant didn't disclose this (as opposed to the physician simply not bothering to take note).

I agree with you that that's not a concern for citizenship and renewal of PR Card, I just don't believe that they'd even care about this, so no need to lie and say that it's a recent diagnosis (as I think the question wouldn't even be raised).

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
What CIC looks for when they ask for your medical history, is more the dates you visited a clinic/hospital in Canada (which proves to them you were physically present in Canada) rather than what were your diagnostic.

Actually what you will be providing (and this is what I did and many people do) is a record from the clinic or the hospital you visited in your years as a PR stating just the dates you visited them, no need for the medical diagnostics.

I am from Montreal and in Quebec it's very complicated to have RAMQ records with all the diagnostics, I did submit for my PR renewal a year ago statements from the clinics and hospitals and all these were accepted.

So if you have a medical condition... you don't want to not disclose it to you doctor in Canada and not getting treated for the sake of CIC !

Reactions: k300k3

bkhan

Sep 23, 2015
Thank you, everybody!

It makes sense that the primary objective of health records as part of RQ is to validate the residency requirement.

It seems that the odds seem to be in my favor.

I suppose the only question/issue I still have is whether a person has any say in what a hospital or clinic might provide them.

I understand that the provincial personal claim history only mentions the dates of visit and doesn't make any mention of the specifics.

But, I have noticed that CIC also requires the health records from the actual hospitals and clinics that a person has visited. Again, the purpose is to prove residency. My only concern is that should the hospital or clinic mention my bipolar disorder, there arises the possibility of a discrepancy between what was stated in my original PR application and the information CIC will be provided for my citizenship application.

I believe the medical examination is not in question here. You must disclose any medical conditions as part of Question 6 of Schedule A - Background Declaration.

Please advise, and once again, I really appreciate the feedback.

bkhan

jumec1

Apr 16, 2019
Thank you, everybody!

It makes sense that the primary objective of health records as part of RQ is to validate the residency requirement.

It seems that the odds seem to be in my favor.

I suppose the only question/issue I still have is whether a person has any say in what a hospital or clinic might provide them.

I understand that the provincial personal claim history only mentions the dates of visit and doesn't make any mention of the specifics.

But, I have noticed that CIC also requires the health records from the actual hospitals and clinics that a person has visited. Again, the purpose is to prove residency. My only concern is that should the hospital or clinic mention my bipolar disorder, there arises the possibility of a discrepancy between what was stated in my original PR application and the information CIC will be provided for my citizenship application.

I believe the medical examination is not in question here. You must disclose any medical conditions as part of Question 6 of Schedule A - Background Declaration.

Please advise, and once again, I really appreciate the feedback.

bkhan
what did you finally do with?