+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RPRF online payment issues

laloona

Aug 22, 2014
Hi guys,

I paid my RPRF through the Interac Online application. Unfortunately, the page after I confirmed the payment failed to load. As a result I haven't received a receipt that I can mail to CPP-O to show them I paid. However, on my online banking, it shows the $490 was payed to CIC. I sent screenshots of the online banking and E-Services to CPP-O hoping they would see that I indeed paid my RPRF before the deadline.

Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you resolve it? Do you think they will still accept the payment if they look through their files and see I paid?

I'm freaking out a bit about this now. :eek:

Xousia

Aug 10, 2014
Hi

Don't panic. First thing, did you use a Debit or Credit card?

Next, most of the time, when you make an online payment like this, there's usually a "block" of that amount on your card/account. If the funds didn't get to CIC probably due to a poor network connection, it's still with your banker. Email your banks card services and they will confirm this for you. If there was indeed a block and it didn't go through, the bank will reverse the block within 24-48 hours depending on their policy and you can attempt payment again but this time, with a very good internet connection.

Either way, don't wtorry. Here's a tip::
What do I do if I run into technical problems with my online application to CIC?

We want to know about the technical issues you may be experiencing, so we can help solve the issue.

The more information we have, the faster we can help to resolve the issue. To further help us, please give us following information:

Surname (last name)
Given name(s)
Date of birth
Country of birth
Unique Client Identifier/Client ID Number, if available
Application number, if available
Personal Checklist code, if available
Your current status in Canada and the date of expiration, if applicable
Type of application (work permit, study permit, visitor record, etc.)
The date your application was submitted, if applicable
Description of the problem or error message, with a screenshot, if possible, of the page where you are experiencing the problem.
As much information as possible about the steps you took before you experienced the problem.
Where to send your information

If you are encountering problems after you submitted your online application:

Use the case specific webform
If you are encountering problems before you submit your application (while you are preparing your online application and uploading your documents):

Send the above information by selecting the “Share with CIC” link available at the top left-hand corner of your MyCIC account page.

laloona said:
Hi guys,

I paid my RPRF through the Interac Online application. Unfortunately, the page after I confirmed the payment failed to load. As a result I haven't received a receipt that I can mail to CPP-O to show them I paid. However, on my online banking, it shows the $490 was payed to CIC. I sent screenshots of the online banking and E-Services to CPP-O hoping they would see that I indeed paid my RPRF before the deadline.

Has anyone had a similar problem? How did you resolve it? Do you think they will still accept the payment if they look through their files and see I paid?

I'm freaking out a bit about this now. :eek:

laloona

Aug 22, 2014
I used a debit card for the payment. I called the bank, but the payment went through. Now I think it's up to CIC to find it in their system, but I'm not sure how that would work.

And yeah, I sent an email to the web help as well. I am just panicking a bit because my RPRF has to be received by April 26, and if there is a problem processing it for a long time I don't want it to negatively impact my decision. I'm quite stressed. :(

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi Lalooni,

So, what was the outcome in your case?

I went ahead and made the RPRF payment. Since I don't have a credit card, I made the payment with my debit card. As soon as I made the payment I've received a receipt of payment. Out of curiosity, I checked my internet banking account and found the amount in 'Amount in Holds' section which is deducted from my Available balance. So, I called the bank and they have mentioned that there is no hold from their end and they are simply waiting for the merchant to claim for it. They will only keep the money like that for the next 14 days after that it will be credited back to the account.

My question is-
Have anyone else experienced the same i.e. The payment amount getting deducted from available balance and stays as a hold/pending balance? Does CIC immediately takes the money or claim it after few days?
If the payment does not get through then will I get a rejection for this?

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks
Alifur

laloona said:
I used a debit card for the payment. I called the bank, but the payment went through. Now I think it's up to CIC to find it in their system, but I'm not sure how that would work.

And yeah, I sent an email to the web help as well. I am just panicking a bit because my RPRF has to be received by April 26, and if there is a problem processing it for a long time I don't want it to negatively impact my decision. I'm quite stressed. :(