+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rome Office-still havent heard anything, they dont even reply to emails

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Its been a while since I posted, I have since moved my family from Italy to Canada and we are all adjusting quite well. My hubby is here on visitor status for 6 months, it will expire on June 18th..... We left Italy on Dec 18th and the only notification I have received via email was on December 19th stating that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Since then I have emailed teh Rome office but nothing.. As we are all currently in Canada I am worried. Does anyone have any advice for me...do i just need to chill.....
I checked the cic.gc.ca check application status, and this is what it says..
Sponsorship Application Status-Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status-Application Received

Thanks for any words of wisdom

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Connie77 said:
Since then I have emailed teh Rome office but nothing.. As we are all currently in Canada I am worried. Does anyone have any advice for me...do i just need to chill.....
Yes, just chill!

Rome office time on CIC site is showing as 14 months. CPC-Mississauga just sent your application to Rome end of December, so it's barely been 2 months. Odds are they haven't even started processing it yet and it's sitting in a big pile of other applications.

Don't keep bombarding them with emails, else you may end up pissing off the wrong person there and ending up with a disgruntled VO reviewing your application.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Indeed - waiting is the best thing to do. Rome is 14 months but quite a few cases on this forum have been done quicker than that - so don't despair just now! give it a month or two and maybe you will hear something. You seem to have a pretty straightforward case (married, living together etc), so once they get to open your file, they will probably approve it quickly if all documents are there. But give it time!
VO don't answer to "normal requests" about status update unless you are passed the waiting time stated on the website (14 months for Rome).
Have you changed your address to your Canadian one ? you can do that through ecas (it's not working properly right now but it should be up and running soon), so once the COPR is issued it can be sent directly to Canada, and your husband can flagpole and become a PR.
Good luck,
Sweden

Connie77

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks Guys!!! These responses helped me feel better....I am going to chill:))))) will do address change on ECAS. thanks Again!!!

berto

Feb 3, 2013
We have nothing to do just wait. in my case i sent my application last august until no news even AOR from Rome visa i did not received. waiting patiently is now i considered a virtue.