+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Romanian Timeline - In Process

matclancy

Jul 23, 2012
I.N said:
Hello Mat,

My interview was scheduled almost two monts before, exactly 53 days before by email.

No problem for Alina to travel with you I am guite sure, I did travel when my fille was in process at Bucharest, if they have a request letter to sent for Alina they will do it by email.

As for her criminal check, I think they will send it with out having a return envelope but I am not sure about that, I think Dana knows better since she did the same request for her husband.

I did ask for a criminal check in France, for myself, I did it online and they sent it by mail.

Hope that helps. :)
Great ino I.N

One more thing - let's say that she isn't required for an interview (does that happen?). I am assuming the last step is a passport request? How much time do they give for that as well? Again, the reason I am asking is because it would be bad if Alina is stuck on a cruise ship for 2 weeks, and we get an email saying that she/her passport, needs to be in Bucharest within a week.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
matclancy said:
Great ino I.N

One more thing - let's say that she isn't required for an interview (does that happen?). I am assuming the last step is a passport request? How much time do they give for that as well? Again, the reason I am asking is because it would be bad if Alina is stuck on a cruise ship for 2 weeks, and we get an email saying that she/her passport, needs to be in Bucharest within a week.
No problem as well; usually they give you 30 delay to send them the passport if they are not asking an interview.

So yes, Alina can travel with you without problems.... ;)

Lucky you guys!!
Great job you have you two on the cruise ship, must be such an adventure ;).

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matclancy said:
Great ino I.N

Hi Mat
Well,
1. Yes Alina can travel or work with you no problems there....and due to the fact that you guys have short contracts is even better just in case the embassy needs anything from you.
2. FBI will return to the address you provide in the form in 4-6-8 weeks ....i know people that received in 4 weeks and others in 12 weeks but most of the people that ask for it receive it in 4-6. And a friend of mine form US check it for me there at FBI and he got the answer : 4 weeks average. If you did not put an returning envelop they will send it regular mail which will take between 1-2 weeks to arrive in Romania.
3.After the FBI is received must be send to the embassy (Alina can do that or a family member if she is not in Romania). After the embassy receives the paper will continue the process. In more or less one month after that you will receive news from them that can be:
- appointment for an interview which is usually 1-2 months after you are receiving the notification ( an interview is not mandatory is the officer decision and is different from case to case they can ask for it or not) OR
- email asking for passport ( when they send the passport request the email usually sounds like this: Please provide the following in order to complete your process: 2 photos,visa fee, information's about color of the eyes, height and weight on a piece of paper. After you receive this email you have 30 days to send it.
After you send the FBI to the embassy (and you do not have any news from them in the mean time)you can check on line everyday and if you see "Decision Made" on your file it means that interview was void and they issue the passport request that will come to you in 1-3 days via email (most of the time) or mail.
Hope this helps.
Best of luck.
Dana

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED :)
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
APRIL 9 :)
Hey fellow lovers of Romania,

I posted this on the forum with no response, and this is eating away at me!

Long story short. I organized my application package into 12 smaller envelopes (Labeled 1 of 12 and so forth...). When mailing, I was ill advised to send my application via multiple larger envelopes. All 3 envelopes arrived at Missassauga the same minute, but were separated at some point. All 3 also contained information on the outside stating 1 of 3 etc, and information on the inside stating 1 of 3 packages and my name. I received one larger envelope back stating my application was incomplete (I did not receive a place in line).

I've been told my other envelopes will eventually return to me. I am worried that someone smart may have opened the other two, and decided to hold onto them because I have stated there is a third containing the appropriate information (I have absolutely no way of knowing this, nor do the CIC representatives).

The representative I spoke with advised me to provide the missing forms that were asked of me, and just send that envelope back right away (AKA containing less than 1/3 of the material). I mentioned my concern that that envelope would not contain any relationship information, and I did not want this bare minimum envelope being accidentally sent to the overseas VO without the other two packages. He assured me that CIC would not send my 'makeshift' application without the other two packages.

Essentially. I think he is saying to get the bare minimum at least into CIC to get a client ID number, and then work on re-sending things, or getting the rest of the application back in order.

Any comments?

So, I can either wait up to 3 months to get my supporting documents back and proof of genuine relationship, OR.
I can take a risk, send back only the bare minimum documents, and mention that the supporting documents were sent earlier, and have these tracking numbers. I am scared that they may approve the 'really small application' and send that to bucharest, and then I will get flat out rejected because of not having any proof of relationship.

You guys know the embassy in Bucharest better. Would there be a way to talk to someone in Bucharest to ask what they could do on their end?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CharlizeRai said:
Hey fellow lovers of Romania,

I posted this on the forum with no response, and this is eating away at me!

Long story short. I organized my application package into 12 smaller envelopes (Labeled 1 of 12 and so forth...). When mailing, I was ill advised to send my application via multiple larger envelopes. All 3 envelopes arrived at Missassauga the same minute, but were separated at some point. All 3 also contained information on the outside stating 1 of 3 etc, and information on the inside stating 1 of 3 packages and my name. I received one larger envelope back stating my application was incomplete (I did not receive a place in line).

I've been told my other envelopes will eventually return to me. I am worried that someone smart may have opened the other two, and decided to hold onto them because I have stated there is a third containing the appropriate information (I have absolutely no way of knowing this, nor do the CIC representatives).

The representative I spoke with advised me to provide the missing forms that were asked of me, and just send that envelope back right away (AKA containing less than 1/3 of the material). I mentioned my concern that that envelope would not contain any relationship information, and I did not want this bare minimum envelope being accidentally sent to the overseas VO without the other two packages. He assured me that CIC would not send my 'makeshift' application without the other two packages.

Essentially. I think he is saying to get the bare minimum at least into CIC to get a client ID number, and then work on re-sending things, or getting the rest of the application back in order.

Any comments?

So, I can either wait up to 3 months to get my supporting documents back and proof of genuine relationship, OR.
I can take a risk, send back only the bare minimum documents, and mention that the supporting documents were sent earlier, and have these tracking numbers. I am scared that they may approve the 'really small application' and send that to bucharest, and then I will get flat out rejected because of not having any proof of relationship.

You guys know the embassy in Bucharest better. Would there be a way to talk to someone in Bucharest to ask what they could do on their end?
'

Eventually all your envelopes will be coming back. With 5 thousand or more packages arriving monthly, they aren't going to spend any time looking to marry packages that were sent separately.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hey everyone!

How things going with you guys?

Summur vacation it's all over you I suppose... ;).

Dana, I hope you have good time with your hubby and hope you get good news soon.

Time passing by after all.

Nothing new for me, I just entered in the thired week of waiting for my medical extension, so hopeing to have news very soon.

Any news for you CharilizeRai?

Hope everything will turn ok with your application in the end.

I.N.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
YAY!

My application just arrived to CIC Mississauga - in one box! I had to re-do it, but, yay. :)

Hopefully I have better luck this time.

I.N. How are things going for you?!

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
I.N said:
Hey everyone!

Dana, I hope you have good time with your hubby and hope you get good news soon.

Nothing new for me, I just entered in the thired week of waiting for my medical extension, so hopeing to have news very soon.

I.N.
Lol. We must have been thinking of each other at the exact same moment! No news on the stuff that was sent earlier, but I re-sent my application, so I am crossing my fingers they process it quickly!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
CharlizeRai said:
Lol. We must have been thinking of each other at the exact same moment! No news on the stuff that was sent earlier, but I re-sent my application, so I am crossing my fingers they process it quickly!
Yes!
LOL

We were on the same thought! :)

I am glad things turned ok with your application finaly, great news!

Now the waiting game it's starting.

All the best!!
And tones of patinece! :)

I.N.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
I.N said:
Yes!
LOL

We were on the same thought! :)

I am glad things turned ok with your application finaly, great news!

Now the waiting game it's starting.

All the best!!
And tones of patinece! :)

I.N.
Thanks! I know. This silly waiting game! I wish that my wait was a month shorter, as it should have been :(

Let me know how everything goes on your end!

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
CharlizeRai said:
Thanks! I know. This silly waiting game! I wish that my wait was a month shorter, as it should have been :(

Let me know how everything goes on your end!
I lost a month as well...missing singniture.... :-\. Whole our application was returned last October..

I hope for you and for your husband all this process will not last long.

I remember after we sent the application last year in July,we were very anxious and now we are the same; first month and last month of waiting for us were the longest and the hardest in all this process.

Any time soon I should have news.

I will keep you posted.

Take care! :)

danap

Star Member
May 9, 2012
vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I.N said:
Hey everyone!

I.N.

Hi IN

Glad to hear from you.....here nothing new...my husband arrived good no issues and now we are much better....time pass faster....we send the FBI application and was received on 13 july and now on 03 August my credit card was charged so we will see ...waiting ....they say that in about 2-3 weeks after the card is charged they are sending the paper. Then our lawyer will send it to Bucharest and lets hope that will be all .....and they will not take too long after all this...Take care and all the best.
Pupici
Dana

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
Hey Dana!

Glad you are with your hubby, everything seems to be easyer with him at your side isn't... ;).

Everyting will be over soon Dana, our only enemy its time... :).

And time slips realy fast!

Numai bine!
Pupici.

I.N.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
Awe!

So happy for all of you who are recently with, or will be with your spouse soon. :)

Awesome.

CharlizeRai

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
File Transfer...
14-09-2012
Med's Done....
13-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
6-02-2013
LANDED..........
UGH!

Between the time I received my first package back (July 20), and the time I sent the 2nd (arrived August 8) - the forms were updated to July 2012.

I spoke to a CIC agent and he said, they probably will accept my old forms, but there is always a possibility of returning my application.

Do you know anything about this? I'm trying to remain as calm as possible, and I think a trip for Christmas is in order (at the 8 month mark of being separated).

I saw, when they changed the forms from July 2011 to February 2012, they still accepted old forms until March 31 2012.

EEK