SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
Hello

I'm in deep troubles and need advice please because i will lose my PR card. I'm a free fall man.

I lived in Canada 9 months (rented an appartment over two years even if i was absent) over 5 years as i went just before Covid period (20-22) then i decided to go back home because i had no
decent jobs etc. Now my card expired. My question on the strategy;

- A) should i find a job in a canadian corporations outside canada to meet the RO and then come back
or
B) give back the PR card to IRCC and re apply (although they could reject my application due to my context)?

PS: By the way it would be great if Canadian authorities give back two years extra to all PR cards due to Covid period. PLEASE !!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

I'm in deep troubles and need advice please because i will lose my PR card. I'm a free fall man.

I lived in Canada 9 months (rented an appartment over two years even if i was absent) over 5 years as i went just before Covid period (20-22) then i decided to go back home because i had no
decent jobs etc. Now my card expired. My question on the strategy;

- A) should i find a job in a canadian corporations outside canada to meet the RO and then come back
or
B) give back the PR card to IRCC and re apply (although they could reject my application due to my context)?

PS: By the way it would be great if Canadian authorities give back two years extra to all PR cards due to Covid period. PLEASE !!!!
A. Will not give you RO.
B. If you reapply then PR will be cancelled.

Come through a Canadian land border and then don’t leave until you meet RO to apply for PR card. You may not get access to health care or renew a Driver’s license but you can find a job. Covid is not an excuse. You could always enter Canada during Covid.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Why? It's not Canada's problem you decided out of your free will to go home prior to Covid.
Stop making excuses, it's entirely your responsibility and no one else's

Reactions: Copingwithlife

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
A. Will not give you RO.
B. If you reapply then PR will be cancelled.

Come through a Canadian land border and then don’t leave until you meet RO to apply for PR card. You may not get access to health care or renew a Driver’s license but you can find a job. Covid is not an excuse. You could always enter Canada during Covid.
Thanks a lot for commenting. Please let me respond:
- A. i though if i word for a canadian company abroad for the remaining time to meet RO, it s like being in canada?
- B. it is expired so i cannot renter and fear of order of removal
Covid: true, but the job market was off

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
Why? It's not Canada's problem you decided out of your free will to go home prior to Covid.
Stop making excuses, it's entirely your responsibility and no one else's
Please read well: i could not find any suitable job so i got back home to take back my old job

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
Please: i have a question to ask:
If i found a good job in canada (which was not the case up to now), will i have chance to be authorized to re enter canada/or renew PR card or NOT? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please: i have a question to ask:
If i found a good job in canada (which was not the case up to now), will i have chance to be authorized to re enter canada/or renew PR card or NOT? Thanks
Having a job doesn’t allow entry if PR card is expired.

- A. i though if i word for a canadian company abroad for the remaining time to meet RO, it s like being in canada? Doesn’t count towards RO unless you have been working for the Canadian company in Canada and are transferred to their foreign office.
Covid: true, but the job market was off - Job market being off is not a reason not to come to Canada.

So
only way to keep PR is to cross through a US/Canada land border. If you apply for PRTD, you have a very good chance of losing PR because covid and poor job market are not reasons.

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London

- A. i though if i word for a canadian company abroad for the remaining time to meet RO, it s like being in canada? Doesn’t count towards RO unless you have been working for the Canadian company in Canada and are transferred to their foreign office.
Covid: true, but the job market was off - Job market being off is not a reason not to come to Canada.

So
only way to keep PR is to cross through a US/Canada land border. If you apply for PRTD, you have a very good chance of losing PR because covid and poor job market are not reasons.
Thanks a lot for responding. As it doesnt make sense to go to the border to lose PR status, the unique solution is to send it back to ircc Roma. Then re apply but they still could reject because i lost my status? (disappointed that not finding a job is a reason..)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

So
There is still a risk of being reported for not meeting RO when entering the land border but you will be allowed to enter during the process to determine whether you can keep your PR. Do you have a US visa? The job market is not good at the moment either.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot for responding. As it doesnt make sense to go to the border to lose PR status, the unique solution is to send it back to ircc Roma. Then re apply but they still could reject because i lost my status? (disappointed that not finding a job is a reason..)
You cannot reapply. You either apply for PRTD and wait to see if you are approved or lose PR status. Or go through US/Canada land border, you will be let in Canada. The process to report you will be determined when you enter.

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
There is still a risk of being reported for not meeting RO when entering the land border but you will be allowed to enter during the process to determine whether you can keep your PR. Do you have a US visa? The job market is not good at the moment either.
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately i have no US visa (from italy). I found no decent job in canada, then after 9 months during covid i decided to come to work and earn money corresponding to my degree. It's sad. I lost every thing. Finding a job without local degree or local experience is hard. I thought IRCC could understand but not.
You mean by the border (not the air plane) only: "you will be allowed to enter during the process". But as i will receive an order to remove fore sure, i prefer not to try.

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
You cannot reapply. You either apply for PRTD and wait to see if you are approved or lose PR status. Or go through US/Canada land border, you will be let in Canada. The process to report you will be determined when you enter.
I see thank you. Not sure i get: as i will see my demand rejected one day or another, why tempting to go to us border? next, i can try to give to ircc my card and they will automatically in roma cancel my pr status so that i can reapply?

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately i have no US visa (from italy).
If you are an Italian citizen, you do not need a visa to visit the US. You only need an ESTA.

As others have stated, your options are:
  1. Travel to US, cross land border into Canada and see if you get reported. If you don't get reported, you can stay for 2 years and then re-apply for a new PR card. You can work during that time as long as you have a SIN
  2. Apply for a PRTD from Italy. (Much) Lower chances of keeping your PR status, but you will know the outcome before you go
  3. Renounce your PR status voluntarily and then reapply for PR (check that you would still qualify - both for a program as well as having enough points for Express Entry). There is no penalty for having been a PR previously.
If I were you and really wanted to move to Canada and keep my PR status, I would give the first option a try.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately i have no US visa (from italy). I found no decent job in canada, then after 9 months during covid i decided to come to work and earn money corresponding to my degree. It's sad. I lost every thing. Finding a job without local degree or local experience is hard. I thought IRCC could understand but not.
You mean by the border (not the air plane) only: "you will be allowed to enter during the process". But as i will receive an order to remove fore sure, i prefer not to try.
The RO to keep PR is very lenient. The job market is very tough at the moment so depending on what type of work you do I would be pretty reluctant to leave a job in my field. Is there a reason you want to move to Canada?

Reactions: Copingwithlife

SuperMarco

Jul 23, 2024
Roma
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
London
If you are an Italian citizen, you do not need a visa to visit the US. You only need an ESTA.

As others have stated, your options are:
  1. Travel to US, cross land border into Canada and see if you get reported. If you don't get reported, you can stay for 2 years and then re-apply for a new PR card. You can work during that time as long as you have a SIN
  2. Apply for a PRTD from Italy. (Much) Lower chances of keeping your PR status, but you will know the outcome before you go
  3. Renounce your PR status voluntarily and then reapply for PR (check that you would still qualify - both for a program as well as having enough points for Express Entry). There is no penalty for having been a PR previously.
If I were you and really wanted to move to Canada and keep my PR status, I would give the first option a try.
Thank so much for your explanation ! I feel desperate ... Okay what i understand is try to go to the US then cross the border (by walk ;-) and see if the agent say go back home or welcome: if welcome, i can remain 2 years and re apply as normally. Otherwise, the second best is to give back my expired card to embassy and re apply and praying that i will not be sanctionned for the failed experience. I will not have enough points because i'm 45 but i will pass a canadian degree to gain points. It's complicated but thanks a lot for support.