+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right to appeal an exclusion order?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yoshi said:
The PDF is useful, I'm going to print it out and highlight relevant portions and bring it with me when I approach the local lawyer (who has no immigration experience), other than a copy of the A44 and the typed description of events by both my fiance and I, is there anything else I should be bringing? And I assume any Canadian lawyer CAN handle the case, it's just 'recommended' that it be an 'immigration lawyer' (because I'm definitely not finding one of those around here)
Your lawyer doesn't need to be in your town to do this work for you. There are several excellent immigration lawyers out there. Spend your money on one that has the expertise you need. Let us know if you need a referral and which province you would prefer.

Yoshi

Nov 30, 2010
I would appreciate a referral in New Brunswick; does anybody know approximately how much this would cost? Are we dealing in the hundreds or the thousands of dollars to appeal it - is payment typically only based upon results, and is there any chance (I'm dreaming now) that the Federal government could be found to cover costs if its agents had acted under an error of law?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yoshi said:
I would appreciate a referral in New Brunswick; does anybody know approximately how much this would cost? Are we dealing in the hundreds or the thousands of dollars to appeal it - is payment typically only based upon results, and is there any chance (I'm dreaming now) that the Federal government could be found to cover costs if its agents had acted under an error of law?
1. As there is no right of appeal to IAD for non PRs, you can only apply for leave to appeal to the Federal Court IF there was an error in law.
2. You are talking 3-5 thousand, if the Federal court accepts the leave.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Find a lawyer who has immigration experience. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also what your local lawyer tells you to do.

ConcernedUS

Apr 27, 2013
Yoshi,

I am not sure if you are still active on this thread, but I am curious how you made out with this case. I too have had the exact same situation happen and am at a loss of how to proceed forward now. Any advice would be recommended.

Thanks

joeb123

Jun 21, 2010
That is not so good, but no one has barred you from visiting her, so why not just go stay with her ?