+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) - How long does it delay an application?

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
lalicatter said:
Hey thanks for the reply! Yes I noticed your name on the spreadsheet and noticed that we're in a similar position. There are a number of earlier applicants who sent in their application without the FBI and they have received DM. For those that had additional document requests for FBI it looked like their file was wrapped up in 20 - 50 days after the document request. We are at 48 today. Hopefully both of us see positive movement soon! I think there was one other person from the same week we sent ours in with an RPRF request and they were still waiting as well. I also saw someone who went through CPC-Ottawa and has DM but got their notes in July. They said it took 4-5 weeks for the RPRF payment to even be recorded on their application.
I'm at 28 days since doc request so fingers crossed. It's funny because SA for me took a whopping 83 days. No idea why, there's no reason my sponsor should have been delayed in being approved. But the day we got the email and the change in ecas, a ton of people in the forums posted saying there was a big update in ecas that was long overdue. Some people from almost two months before me still didn't have DM on sponsor side in ecas but they had the email of approval, just no ecas update. So I'm pretty sure my application got lost in there somewhere, they found it, went to update and realized a whole bunch of people needed updates too haha. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

But I saw you mention maybe in another thread that you were speculating that the week we submitted may have all been assigned the same officer and this person was on vacation or something. Makes sense to me if everyone in the same week got doc requests and still haven't seen movement. Also because your doc request seemed like it was for extra proof of marriage that other people weren't required to send, and mine was for proof we were still living together when I already sent that proof so I had to find more. Hopefully our guy isn't too strict on us.

I will also say, though you can't see MyCiC, there is a line about additional documents requested that I think should say documents requested/ documents received/documents processing and mine still doesn't say anything there. Almost as if they haven't even updated it since before they requested my documents. So I'm thinking they haven't picked my application back up since the request, just so you know.

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
ryanntheredhead said:
I'm at 28 days since doc request so fingers crossed. It's funny because SA for me took a whopping 83 days. No idea why, there's no reason my sponsor should have been delayed in being approved. But the day we got the email and the change in ecas, a ton of people in the forums posted saying there was a big update in ecas that was long overdue. Some people from almost two months before me still didn't have DM on sponsor side in ecas but they had the email of approval, just no ecas update. So I'm pretty sure my application got lost in there somewhere, they found it, went to update and realized a whole bunch of people needed updates too haha. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

But I saw you mention maybe in another thread that you were speculating that the week we submitted may have all been assigned the same officer and this person was on vacation or something. Makes sense to me if everyone in the same week got doc requests and still haven't seen movement. Also because your doc request seemed like it was for extra proof of marriage that other people weren't required to send, and mine was for proof we were still living together when I already sent that proof so I had to find more. Hopefully our guy isn't too strict on us.

I will also say, though you can't see MyCiC, there is a line about additional documents requested that I think should say documents requested/ documents received/documents processing and mine still doesn't say anything there. Almost as if they haven't even updated it since before they requested my documents. So I'm thinking they haven't picked my application back up since the request, just so you know.
Wow, 83 days! I read that sometimes the SA/AOR2 email doesn't get generated, so you may have actually had SA earlier and weren't aware until they did their big system update. It seems the SA/AOR2 email is batched. I received the email, however ECAS still said "In Process" until they did that big update when everyone's updated. Had I not received the email we would never have known. Ours ended up taking 56 days.

I did read somewhere that they batch assign applications to officers on a weekly basis. No idea if it's true, but it seems to make sense when looking at all the applications received May 29 - June 4. Only 1 of the applicants from that week has received DM, and they just got it September 14th (without any additional document/RPRF requests). That made me feel a bit better.

The 'long form marriage certificate' was likely our own fault, rather than extra proof of marriage. We were waiting on the certificates to come in and our representative sent the application without it. I understand now that they require it on file as part of a complete application, however my representative claimed they only ask in 5/20 cases, especially when trying to 'fast track' easy applications. No idea if that's true, but regardless, they did ask for it.

That's interesting about the myCIC thing... thanks for letting me know.

Well, deep breath, another day of checking ECAS religiously... lol.

ryanntheredhead

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
Doc's Request.
29-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 06-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-10-2016
lalicatter said:
Well, deep breath, another day of checking ECAS religiously... lol.
Of course, I've been perusing the forum all morning and am now doubting that I sent good info for my proof of ongoing cohabitation so I'm thinking about sending more today. Just in case. Sometimes reading the forums calms me down and sometimes I think I've done it all wrong haha.

I try to only check ecas once a day. Today I've already checked three times. You win some, you lose some :)

lalicatter

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016 (RPRF/marriage cert./FBI)
AOR Received.
21-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 21-10-2016 / CoPR Email Received: 24-10-2016
ryanntheredhead said:
Of course, I've been perusing the forum all morning and am now doubting that I sent good info for my proof of ongoing cohabitation so I'm thinking about sending more today. Just in case. Sometimes reading the forums calms me down and sometimes I think I've done it all wrong haha.

I try to only check ecas once a day. Today I've already checked three times. You win some, you lose some :)
I'm the same! Sometimes I'm like, "yeah we got this!" and other times I get so nervous from reading. Knowledge is power, but when you're a worrier it makes you think more, which can be a bad thing, lol!

GL, stay in touch if you hear anything. :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If I can offer some advice here:

Don't think about it anymore. Find something else to do, so you don't think about the applications in process. There is little that you can do. You could order your GCMS notes, then at least you might get a sense if they have a problem with the materials you submitted. But also know, that if they do, you will need to give them more.

Stressing or worrying will make the terrible process worse!