+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right of Permanent Residence Fee Refund

Beehivefive

Star Member
May 30, 2013
I sponsored my wife's PR, but circumstances have caused us to change our decision to move to Canada. I realize that I am not entitled to a refund of the processing fee, but I believe I am entitled to a refdun of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I checked the CIC website, which states as much, but it does not clearly state how to obtain this refund, as far as I can see. Is there a form to fill out? Is it done over the phone? Not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Beehivefive

Star Member
May 30, 2013
I am not inside Canada. I paid from outside the country. Any other advice on how to get a refund if I paid my fees from the US?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Beehivefive said:
I am not inside Canada. I paid from outside the country. Any other advice on how to get a refund if I paid my fees from the US?
Ummm, yeah, still the same answer.....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

How do I request a refund if I paid my fees online OR[/b] with a fee receipt form (IMM 5401) at a financial institution in Canada?

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
as far as i understand you would get a full refund (Except $75) if you withdraw your application before they start the processing
and if the processing already started, you can get the RPR fee refund for sure, not sure if you have to withdraw your application anyway.

Beehivefive

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I suspected that was the answer, but sometimes refund policy is affected if online payments were made from an IP address outside the home country. That's all I was trying to clarify. The sentence on the CIC website could be misconstrued, as is often the case with information on bureaucratic websites. In any case, thanks again for getting back to me.