+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

revisiting canada soon..questions at immigration?.. mev expiring in 2 months

karanveer

Oct 18, 2013
Hi guys,need your help....before that a brief history
2 years back i came to canada on a student visa from india.....after applying for work permit i received only 8 months.....however due to many reasons could not extend it further.....was pushed into implied status.....meanwhile my gf then (now wife )landed as a pr from usa.(she is indian)....ours is about 12 years relation.....but due to issues back home like approval for marriage from both the families we decided to get married in canada last year in...we married 2 months before my work permit expired....
to restore my status we applied for visiting visa citing my wife as my sponsor....after few months this year in june my status was restored and i was granted visiting visa...in the same month we applied for multiple entry visa and in july was received multiple entry that was valid unto december 2016....in july we planned to apply for pr but unfortunately my wife's grandfather was serious ill and was in his last stages.....we had to rush back to india....
so our families decided to get us married so that her grandfather could see our wedding before passing away.....our wedding date is fixed in december......we have no plans to extend our visiting visa but have couple of works to take care in canada such as closing the home rental,our car..and also apply for outland pr application......after applying for pr and finishing all works we will be coming back to india and will reenter canada only after my pr gets approved....i do have strong ties back home to prove
we are leaving to canada in few days.....now my question is what questions i would be facing at the immigration....our stay will be only for a month and should we also carry confirmed return tickets...will it help....what should i answer for the purpose of visit....i want to answer honestly......please guide me guys...thank you all and sorry for the long post

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Karanveer,

Is your passport valid only until December 2016? If yes, you may want to apply for a new passport before you travel (under Tatkal).

You must answer briefly but honestly at the POE. Do not volunteer any information/details if not asked for.... nor about your future plans to immigrate.

Yes, you must have return tickets (the airline will not allow you to board with one-way tickets) + any evidence of ties/why you must return to India such as your wedding, etc

Cheers

karanveer

Oct 18, 2013
Hi Bryanna, thank you so much for the reply...Regarding the passport there are no issues with it at all....it is valid beyond 2016...my only problem is the purpose of visit...i am getting tensed on what to answer.....i am even thinking to cancel the trip,apply for pr from back home and return only after my pr gets approved but cannot do that as i have to close the apartment lease and remove stuff from the apartment....am not understanding how to figure it out and getting tensed this trip might effect my future pr application...pls help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Karanveer,

The immigration officer at the POE will have your previous history on the system as soon as your hand your passport.

You must be confident. If you are nervous (fidgety, vague answers, unable to maintain eye contact, etc).... you will face more questions.

Be honest about the purpose of your visit. Answer briefly. Do not volunteer any information.

Choose your words correctly. Practise various questions/scenarios, if you wish. This isn't your first visit. So you can answer satisfactorily this time.too.

If you're asked about your wife being a PR/possibility of you applying for inland PR.... then stress on you returning to India for your wedding, ill family member, etc.

Carry proofs for your wedding, employment in India, return tickets, etc.... in case you are asked

Cheers