+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada after Landing?

Mar 21, 2015
I am CEC applicant since 2014. New fingerprints were requested this month and I sent those to CIC few days back. My employer is helping me get my L1-B and move to U.S. for 2 years to work on a major project. My BOWP expires this October.

My question is, if somehow by miracle, CIC managed to send me COPR/ allowed landing in next two months. Can I leave Canada and come back? or am I stuck until I get my PR card?

If I was to renew my BOWP and it had extension upto next year, would I be able to use that to return to Canada from the US?

Mar 21, 2015
Just read on very old thread that you can enter Canada in a private vehicle using COPR.

Is that still the case? Also, how long does it take to get your COPR if everything is okay after CIC receives your RCMP clearance?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
timhortons2015 said:
Just read on very old thread that you can enter Canada in a private vehicle using COPR.

Is that still the case? Also, how long does it take to get your COPR if everything is okay after CIC receives your RCMP clearance?
Coming back by car with COPR is okay.

PR card have to be requested by company personnel for commercial flights, bus or botas to Canada; it's not a requirement in the border, it's a company duty to avoid paying flight back if refused in the border.

I'm from a visa exempt country so perhaps cold help but as temporary worker I took several flights to Canada from Europe and USA and only one time I was requested for inmigration documents before the flight.

There is over option, to request temporary travel documents from abroad Canada.

Nobody can say how long COPR will took.

I recommend you to update your address with CIC if you're moving to receive COPR