+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return Mail Options for FBI Clearance

neha2000

Jul 27, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am sending my fingerprints to the FBI for the police certificate from Kuwait, however I am unsure about the Return Mail Options. I can pick between a FedEx Account, Pre-paid return envelope or First class mail.

Could those who have received the police certificate from FBI successfully, please share with me your Return Mail Options?

Thank you!

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
You mean you want to know how did everyone request their FBI results back from US?? I'm not too clear by what you are asking.
I don't think we are required to send any postal charges. If we are, then even I'm not sure on how to send postal charges to get results back.

Members please reply.

Thanks

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neha2000 said:
Hello everyone,

I am sending my fingerprints to the FBI for the police certificate from Kuwait, however I am unsure about the Return Mail Options. I can pick between a FedEx Account, Pre-paid return envelope or First class mail.

Could those who have received the police certificate from FBI successfully, please share with me your Return Mail Options?

Thank you!
Federal Express tends to be faster because it is courier service (you should be able to get an account on fedex.com). First class mail is regular mail that goes through the post-office. Hope that helps.

neha2000

Jul 27, 2010
Thank you.

However, it is still not clear to me. I will send the mail through the local post office, but I want to know about the PCC report that the FBI will send to me. I understand that we should bear the cost for the certificate that FBI will send, correct? But, how do I pay for this postal service for the FBI to send me my certificate?

The form is asking me to pick between 3 options-
1. FedEx Account No. (I don't have one)
2. Pre-paid envelope ( I am in Kuwait and I don't know how to get US stamps for this option, or is there something else?)
3. First class mail ( How does this work? Who bears the charges for the police certificate if I pick this option?)

I may be misunderstanding a part of the process, and so any further help in this regard is highly appreciated!

whatsup

Jul 7, 2010
neha2000,

Firstly please do not send your request to FBI using a local post office. It is too risky as you have taken trouble in getting your fingerprints and bank draft. FBI takes approx 8 - 12 weeks to provide you with the PCC. If you send it with a local post office, you will need a few more weeks for it to be delivered and you can't track it.

I suggest you send it with a courier company, this way you can track it online to be sure it has reached the right place.

For FBI to return, they normally send it via their local post. But this is not a safe option as it could get lost in post and you do not want this to happen.

If you are working for a company and if your company has an account with an international courier company, then use them to get your document back. You can schedule a pick up (if your company has an account) where the courier company will pick up your document from FBI and have it delivered to you in Kuwait. You will pay the charges on delivey in Kuwait. They charge more to pick up the document than to have it sent. However, you must send a cover letter to FBI telling them not to mail your document and to inform you once it is ready. You should also tell them that you will have it picked up through a courier company.

I live in Dubai and I did exactly the above using the Aramex courier company. I paid AED 105 to have it delivered to FBI and AED 210 to have it picked up. As per my instructions, FBI contacted me after 8 weeks on my e-mail address and informed me it was ready. I then arranged to have it picked up.

If you company does not have a courier account, you can open one with any courier company. I am not sure on the procedure of opening it, but a friend of mine opened an account with Fedex and had the FBI PCC picked up.

As this document is very important do not risk it.

All the best !

neha2000

Jul 27, 2010
whatsup said:
neha2000,

Firstly please do not send your request to FBI using a local post office. It is too risky as you have taken trouble in getting your fingerprints and bank draft. FBI takes approx 8 - 12 weeks to provide you with the PCC. If you send it with a local post office, you will need a few more weeks for it to be delivered and you can't track it.

I suggest you send it with a courier company, this way you can track it online to be sure it has reached the right place.

For FBI to return, they normally send it via their local post. But this is not a safe option as it could get lost in post and you do not want this to happen.

If you are working for a company and if your company has an account with an international courier company, then use them to get your document back. You can schedule a pick up (if your company has an account) where the courier company will pick up your document from FBI and have it delivered to you in Kuwait. You will pay the charges on delivey in Kuwait. They charge more to pick up the document than to have it sent. However, you must send a cover letter to FBI telling them not to mail your document and to inform you once it is ready. You should also tell them that you will have it picked up through a courier company.

I live in Dubai and I did exactly the above using the Aramex courier company. I paid AED 105 to have it delivered to FBI and AED 210 to have it picked up. As per my instructions, FBI contacted me after 8 weeks on my e-mail address and informed me it was ready. I then arranged to have it picked up.

If you company does not have a courier account, you can open one with any courier company. I am not sure on the procedure of opening it, but a friend of mine opened an account with Fedex and had the FBI PCC picked up.

As this document is very important do not risk it.

All the best !
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! That really helps! Now I have an idea of how to go about the process. God Bless!

jonny22

Aug 12, 2010
Hello i have a question, I sent my FBI form for my criminal record check and they received it on July 7th.. I was wondering how long does it take to hear back from them, as i sent my request in a register mail, by canada post and i did not pay any prepaid mail or something like that i am really worried that they don't send it back because i didn't attached any prepaid mail.... i really appreciate any answer