+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESTORATION RESULT...SINP..NEW WORK PERMIT NEW EMPLOYER

ayiecute25

May 5, 2015
I want to seek help...
I applied extension before my work permit expired last feb 11 2015.
I recieve followup letter from CIC march 17 stating that i need to pay additional and additional papers for restoration..i sent the applications again march 20 2015. Now im waiting for the result...
April 10 2015 i recieved my SINP nomination certificate..

Question 1. Can i apply for new work permit immidiately using my SINP certificate...

Question 2. What would be the best..to apply the permit here in canada or exit canada and apply it in philippines.

Question 3. What would be the possible result on my restoration

Question 4. 90 days starts when my work permit expires or when i recieve the followup letter fron cic?

Question 5. Can i apply for a restoration again when i got refused on my first restoration since i got a SINP certificate?

Question 6. Do i need to exit canada once i apply for new work permit?

Please help me...

ayiecute25

May 5, 2015
So do you really need to exit canada once you about to get your initial work permit?
My visa expired..if im about to file my work permit at the border should they gave me a new visa to enter though?

Yahoo06

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
I have to wait for restoration ! Once you get it go to port of entry or border!
Take all document with u ! Like imm5802 , offer letter , 230$ fee, and full application of workpermit!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayiecute25 said:
I want to seek help...
I applied extension before my work permit expired last feb 11 2015.
I recieve followup letter from CIC march 17 stating that i need to pay additional and additional papers for restoration..i sent the applications again march 20 2015. Now im waiting for the result...
Question - what did you use when you applied for the extension? LMIA? You did not have the nomination certificate at this point. What was the additional fees for?
April 10 2015 i recieved my SINP nomination certificate..

Question 1. Can i apply for new work permit immidiately using my SINP certificate...
Yes, under LMIA-exemption. Ask your PNP if you need a work support letter for your WP application. However, note since you are in Canada and have no current status, this application will be deemed separate from your earlier application and you may be asked to pay restoration fees again.
Question 2. What would be the best..to apply the permit here in canada or exit canada and apply it in philippines.
This is up to you. If you exit the country, then restoration does not apply. Your application will be applied via an overseas office (in this case the PH), and this is a new work permit application, not an extension.
Question 3. What would be the possible result on my restoration
All dependent on CIC. If you are eligible for restoration (not exceeded 90 days from having lost status to filing the restoration application), then the assessment of the WP application will proceed plus your restoration.
Question 4. 90 days starts when my work permit expires or when i recieve the followup letter fron cic?
This is normally specified on the letter you received back from CIC - check the wording on the letter instructing you to file for restoration.
If you look into the wording in CIC web (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp) it is "within 90 days of having lost their status". So check the instructions in the letter - there should be a date specified there.

Nevertheless - see this:
90 Days
Clients who have been refused an extension to their temporary resident status, and were in status (including implied status) until the refusal, have 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration, if otherwise eligible.

Question 5. Can i apply for a restoration again when i got refused on my first restoration since i got a SINP certificate?
That is dependent on the specified instructions on the refusal of the first restoration application. The accompanying instructions may allow you to re-apply restoration again or blankly state you have to leave the country.
Question 6. Do i need to exit canada once i apply for new work permit?
If you apply for restoration - you do not need to exit Canada. You have implied status (but cannot work as your work authorization lapsed already) until you get results of your application, for as long as you stay in Canada.

If you leave, then restoration does not apply, but you have to apply for a new work permit at an overseas processing/visa office.

.../hth

ayiecute25

May 5, 2015
My extention with restoration is currently in process...
And now my nomination letter has arrived..i've talk to an agent from cic telling me that i need to wait for the result of my restoration before applying for a new work permit using my nomination letter...

ABBA71

Aug 14, 2014
Hello,

I know everyone has been talking about restoration. First of all, I have to explain all the situation with my work permit before I ask you all the questions we have.

My work permit was expired on March 31, 2015. I had a close work permit. Then, I applied for extended on February 26, 2015. Before I applied an extended work permit, he applied for PNP which I received his PNP certificate on March 16, 2015.

A week before February 26, I called CIC asked what I should do as I hadn't receive a PNP certificate yet. The cic staff at that time told me that we can delay the process of my extension and called us back when I received my certificate.

When I sent my extended wp application, my employer had not sent an application of offer of employment to a foreign national exempt from a labour market impact assessment to support my wp application. My employer finally sent it on April 29.

On middle of May, I called to CIC to let them know he has received a PNP certificate, the cic staff told him that your work application is noting to do with PNP and everything looked good you should get the answer by June 21.

On June 9, I received an email from cic which was said that my extended work permit has been refused. I attached the letter with this email. FYI. I have sent a PR application last week (June 7, 2015) under PNP.

Now my questions are

- what did happen with my employer application? because I called cic on June 10, the staff said he did not see that on my application.

- according to your experience and knowledge, what is the best way to get me a extended work permit? should I do a work permit restoration which cic gave 90 days to do so? or apply open work permit as I have a pnp certificate already because on cic website stated that I could apply work permit through his PNP so I'm an exempt of LMIA.?

- should I wait for June 21 and thought cic will have an answer from the application that my employer sent or should I send a wp for restoration status?

Could you please give some knowledge here? Thanks.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
ragluf said:
Question - what did you use when you applied for the extension? LMIA? You did not have the nomination certificate at this point. What was the additional fees for?Yes, under LMIA-exemption. Ask your PNP if you need a work support letter for your WP application. However, note since you are in Canada and have no current status, this application will be deemed separate from your earlier application and you may be asked to pay restoration fees again.This is up to you. If you exit the country, then restoration does not apply. Your application will be applied via an overseas office (in this case the PH), and this is a new work permit application, not an extension.All dependent on CIC. If you are eligible for restoration (not exceeded 90 days from having lost status to filing the restoration application), then the assessment of the WP application will proceed plus your restoration.This is normally specified on the letter you received back from CIC - check the wording on the letter instructing you to file for restoration.
If you look into the wording in CIC web (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp) it is "within 90 days of having lost their status". So check the instructions in the letter - there should be a date specified there.

Nevertheless - see this:
90 Days
Clients who have been refused an extension to their temporary resident status, and were in status (including implied status) until the refusal, have 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration, if otherwise eligible.
That is dependent on the specified instructions on the refusal of the first restoration application. The accompanying instructions may allow you to re-apply restoration again or blankly state you have to leave the country. If you apply for restoration - you do not need to exit Canada. You have implied status (but cannot work as your work authorization lapsed already) until you get results of your application, for as long as you stay in Canada.

If you leave, then restoration does not apply, but you have to apply for a new work permit at an overseas processing/visa office.

.../hth
I have one question to you: my friend came in Canada May 2013 as a close work permit
After six month he asked to his employer for SINP job approval letter but his employer disagreed to to apply
Then he try to find new employer who offers him job offer , luckily one employer he found and they applied SINP JOB approval letter as a international skilled worker for him and they got it and he applied nomination and he also got nomination too
Now he applied new work permit with that nomination letter
So my question how much chance he has to approve his new work permit

Thanks