+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status

Immigrant257

Mar 14, 2023
My work permit extension was refused and was given the option to restore my status. Now, I am requesting to restore my status as a visitor and extend my stay as a visitor IMM 5708. While I am filling out the section "Detail Of Visit To Canada", I am confused about what dates should I put for to indicate how long you plan to stay as I am currently out of status. Should I put the date when 90 day period for restoration ends as the from date or should I put the date when I went out of status. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this question.

Sharothi

Mar 15, 2023
My work permit extension was refused and was given the option to restore my status. Now, I am requesting to restore my status as a visitor and extend my stay as a visitor IMM 5708. While I am filling out the section "Detail Of Visit To Canada", I am confused about what dates should I put for to indicate how long you plan to stay as I am currently out of status. Should I put the date when 90 day period for restoration ends as the from date or should I put the date when I went out of status. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this question.
Have you started your application from GC key? I’m in the same situation as yours. Can you tell me you you created the app on gc key? Have you received the personalized checklist?

Ferasab24

Mar 16, 2023
Guys, i think you should re check your situation, you can’t apply for restoration of status to a status other than the one you had previously.
if your work permit extension denied, you can restore to work permit, if you willing to apply for a study permit; you need to do that from outside Canada.

Sharothi

Mar 15, 2023
Dear seniors, please help.
I am out of status and applying for restoration as a visitor. My most recent status was a worker under an open work permit. I tried to create a restoration application from my GC key. In the primary questionnaire before the checklist, there was a question, "what is my current immigration status". There is no "other" option, so I checked "worker". Later, another question, "when your permit expired", I answered and got the checklist after finishing the questionary.

Checklist I received:
1. Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or a Temporary Resident Permit Holder (IMM5708)
2. Passport
3. Proof of Means of Financial Support
4. Digital Photo
5. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
6. Restoration of status fee $200.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I also expect the AOR very soon, but it will be too tight to apply for BOWP and restoration. Is being out of status will impact on my PR application? I received my ITA yesterday; PCC is taking forever.

Please help, I am super stressed.