Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
I am in foreign worker scheme. Do u think I need a status?
Yes, you need a valid status for your PR to be finalized, ours took 5 months to restore the status and only then the PR application was picked up again. In the end, it was all well done and we are good with PR now.

wilsadar

Jan 23, 2024
Yes, you need a valid status for your PR to be finalized, ours took 5 months to restore the status and only then the PR application was picked up again. In the end, it was all well done and we are good with PR now.
Thanks for ur reply.
Can u share ur timeline of PR and restoration pelase . It would really help. Please

yancsalenga

Jul 7, 2021
I'm in the same situation. I'm under OINP Foreign Worker stream (can only work for 1 employer). I've already received and submitted my Portal 1 info on September 26, but the next day I received a refusal on my BOWP because my lawyer should've filed for Close Work Permit. She is in the process of restoring my status. My questions are:

- Will my PR application still continue since I've already passed Medical, BG check, etc. and have done the P1?
- My current employer only gave me 1 month to restore my status, before they start looking for my replacement. Will it affect my PR if I lose my job? I don't think my employer can wait for IRCC to make a decision as it might take months.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm in the same situation. I'm under OINP Foreign Worker stream (can only work for 1 employer). I've already received and submitted my Portal 1 info on September 26, but the next day I received a refusal on my BOWP because my lawyer should've filed for Close Work Permit. She is in the process of restoring my status. My questions are:

- Will my PR application still continue since I've already passed Medical, BG check, etc. and have done the P1?
- My current employer only gave me 1 month to restore my status, before they start looking for my replacement. Will it affect my PR if I lose my job? I don't think my employer can wait for IRCC to make a decision as it might take months.

Thanks in advance.
- Yes, it will continue to be processed but PR cannot be approved while you are out of status.
- Yes, it will impact your application if you lose your job. Make sure you notify the province if that happens. You will be given an opportunity to find a new employer who is willing to take over the Nomination.

yancsalenga

Jul 7, 2021
- Yes, it will continue to be processed but PR cannot be approved while you are out of status.
- Yes, it will impact your application if you lose your job. Make sure you notify the province if that happens. You will be given an opportunity to find a new employer who is willing to take over the Nomination.
Thank you for the quick response. Will I be considered IN status if I restore as a Tourist instead? And if ever I was given the opportunity to find a new employer, will I repeat the whole process of OINP nomination from EOI - ITA -Nomination?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the quick response. Will I be considered IN status if I restore as a Tourist instead? And if ever I was given the opportunity to find a new employer, will I repeat the whole process of OINP nomination from EOI - ITA -Nomination?
You will have status if you can restore your status to visitor. If you find a similar job/employer in a specific amount of time you can typically continue the OINP processing. Impact also depends on how you qualified for OINP.