+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status refused...any help please

harmann

Mar 29, 2011
Hi
I would like to tell you my situation and your help will be really appreaciated

I applied for restoration of status within 90 days of loosing it and now after 4 months i received a letter stating that my application is refused because i did not applied within 90 days. I have all my record that my file was in their office well before 90 days period.

What can i do now? can i appeal or review my case coz the point they have put in my refusal is completely baseless.. maybe the visa officer is miscalculated the 90 days.....

PLEASE HELP

THANKS ALL

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

any thing else that they mentioned in the letter?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi harman ( regarding your restoration of status)

7.4. Restoration of status

R182 allows a foreign student in Canada to seek restoration of status (for a fee) within 90 days
after their temporary resident status has been lost, only if they have failed to comply with one or
more of the following conditions that were imposed on their permit(s) and they continue to meet
the initial requirements for their stay and have not failed to comply with any other conditions
imposed:

• They have remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for their stay, but no longer
than 90 days.

you can read the complete processing manual here ---- http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf
• They have changed the type of studies, educational institution, location of studies, or times
and periods of studies without applying to change these conditions on their study permit, if
they were specified on their study permit as conditions.
Note: Officers should not unnecessarily restrict the student’s attendance to a specific institution.

• If the student was also holding a work permit and they changed employers, type of work, or
location of work without applying to change the conditions that were first specified on their
work permit.

Then, if the applicant is not otherwise inadmissible and satisfies the officer that they are a
genuine temporary resident, the officer shall restore the temporary resident status and process
the student application. Both fees have to be paid for restoration and the study permit. The
application cost recovery fee for restoration is presently $200 [R306].
If a student applies for restoration of their status 90 days after they lost their temporary resident
status, an officer shall refuse the application for restoration and report the temporary resident,
worker or student, based on the grounds of inadmissibility. For example if the person has overstayed.

Restoration of status cannot be granted at the POE. Persons who have failed to comply with
conditions imposed under R185 need to apply in Canada for restoration of their status. If they
depart Canada, they will be deemed to be seeking a new entry upon their return.

harmann

Mar 29, 2011
thanks obeid
No nothing was mentioned in the refusal letter.. the only reason they have put on me is that i applied outside 90 days period and therefore im not eligible.

i did my previous studies and also filed my official transcripts in the application. I called them and they said they had received the file within 90 days and wants me to call them again after 2 weeks..What do u think can be done next?? please help

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Harmann

You should call then as they have asked you to do so and find out what went wrong with you app

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Hello Harman,
So how long did it exactly took you to get an answer from cic and did ur study permit got restored.
Can you give details about your timeline here bcoz I am in almost sae situation as u.

thanks

parmajai

Dec 29, 2016
I know but I would just like to know what happened after that. I applied for restoration + PGWP but got a refusal. I dont know what to do next. To file federal court appeal or no. Its not fair, I graduated in honours, applied with in 90 days, one document was missing and got a first refusal, then I was asked to apply for restoration and PGWP which I did, but still got a refusal ! I dont know what to do next !!!!!!!!!! I am gonna see an MP, no t sure if that can help.....

Sivan07

Jan 24, 2020
I know but I would just like to know what happened after that. I applied for restoration + PGWP but got a refusal. I dont know what to do next. To file federal court appeal or no. Its not fair, I graduated in honours, applied with in 90 days, one document was missing and got a first refusal, then I was asked to apply for restoration and PGWP which I did, but still got a refusal ! I dont know what to do next !!!!!!!!!! I am gonna see an MP, no t sure if that can help.....
Hey,
What happened? Were you successful? I am in a similar situation.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
What document was missing?