+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Questionnaire

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Hello everybody, thank you all for this forum since it helped me and my family a lot with our immigration procedure to Canada.

Here is my question, my dad received last month a RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE due to his back and fort visits to his natural country to visit my grandmother. we put all the required documents together and asked an immigration representative here in Canada to fill out the form for us but seems that they did it wrong when filling the forms (we asked the representative to send us a copy or let us know as soon as they had the form filled so we could check it out before sending it but they just sent the form to CIC without noticing us). A couple of days before we went to the immigration representative office and they give as a copy of the form (they sent) which it showns it was all filled wrong. (i.e.wrong dates of births of family relatives, wrong prior citizenship status, wrong citizenship status from the rest of the family members and landing dates, etc.).

Would like to know what to do in this case, is there an option to re-submit the residence questionnaire again? how it would affect my father's procedure for getting his citizenship in Canada? Thanks.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Sounds like you need the help of a competent and honest immigration lawyer rather than an on the cheap immigration consultant or message board posters.

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Hi links18, thanks for your reply. This consultant was introduced for an uncle which says he was good and helped him out several times, but seems like they barely even speaks/read english. Now forms are submitted already and we are all concern about next procedure. Is it going to be accurate if we send an explanation letter with the well fill out forms?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Iepi said:
Hi links18, thanks for your reply. This consultant was introduced for an uncle which says he was good and helped him out several times, but seems like they barely even speaks/read english. Now forms are submitted already and we are all concern about next procedure. Is it going to be accurate if we send an explanation letter with the well fill out forms?
Did your father sign the form the consultant sent or not?

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Yes, he did. He signed it even before they filled out the forms because he was going to be ubsent, i know that he shouldn't have done that but he really needed to be ubsent due to my grandmother health issues, although the use of representative was not declared and signed in the forms.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Iepi said:
Yes, he did. He signed it even before they filled out the forms because he was going to be ubsent, i know that he shouldn't have done that but he really needed to be ubsent due to my grandmother health issues, although the use of representative was not declared and signed in the forms.
Sounds like quite the mess. You are probably going to have to pay for a lawyer to straighten this all out......

Iepi

Jan 18, 2013
Yeah, probably that would be the best to do right now. The consultant said they will fix it up by writing them a letter explaining that the person who wrote the letter (my dad) hardly don't understand english and they will submit a new form filled out by a lawyer. We already paid him, it wasn't cheap though so they may have some kind of knowledge....

Thanks link18, really appreciate your concern.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Iepi said:
Yeah, probably that would be the best to do right now. The consultant said they will fix it up by writing them a letter explaining that the person who wrote the letter (my dad) hardly don't understand english and they will submit a new form filled out by a lawyer. We already paid him, it wasn't cheap though so they may have some kind of knowledge....

Thanks link18, really appreciate your concern.
Which lawyer is this? Someone connected to the dishonest/incompetent consultant who landed you in this mess? I'd stay a mile away from them, if I were you.