+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

ashang

Oct 10, 2012
Hi All
I am here due to the RQ given to me a few weeks back when I went to do my Test. I too am having a lot of frustrations as i have travelled a lot and gather that may be the reason I got this. On page 1 specifically the years 2007 and month and day to 2009 and month and day were written. Do I have to send documents only for that time?

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
Mary Chad said:
They require Ohip, so you need to request that.
I did not find this requirement. Am I missing something? On the last page it says
- Health record detailing the dates at which medical service were received
- Immunization records for children

Is this Health record should be OHIP record? Would not simple record from a family doctor be enough?

I got RQ letter today :-(

E

erikag

Antre said:
I did not find this requirement. Am I missing something? On the last page it says
- Health record detailing the dates at which medical service were received
- Immunization records for children

Is this Health record should be OHIP record? Would not simple record from a family doctor be enough?

I got RQ letter today :-(
If you are from Ontario, than you have to request OHIP record (= Health record). Make sure you request it ASAP because it takes a few weeks.

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
Thank you, Erikag. I sent a request for OHIP records this morning. They said it will take about 30 days to process.

Andrew2012

May 29, 2012
Hello everyone! I received a RQ after eight month of applying for Citizenship. I need your help in answering some of the questions. On the first page, where it says Absence from Canada it is asked to provide translated stamps including visas and permits that are in my passport. What if the stamps are in english and visas as well? What exactly do I need to translate?

Thank you in advance!

Antre

Oct 16, 2012
Andrew2012, I think you need to translate only those stamps that are not in English or French.

Can anyone advise me do I need to send original bank statements and Notices of Assessment? Or photocopies? Thanks.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Antre , Send Photocopies , but keep Originals with you for the test day

Andrew2012

May 29, 2012
Well, for example stamps from Egypt have word Egypt in English on them, but they also have some words which are not in English. Do I need to translate all words on the stamp? Also it says that it has to be translated by accredited Canadian translator. I am not in Canada right now. Can I translate it somewhere else?

Sumer

Oct 1, 2012
Hi, We as a family became PR of Canada back in June 2006. Permamently moved to Canada in January 2009. We lived in USA from June 2006 to January 2009. RQ Question number 10 says" Where have all of your family members (e.g. spouse and kids etc) lived since your arrival date in Canada? As our date of arrival and becomming permanent Resident is the same i.e. June 2006. Should we mention that from June 2006 till January 2009 my family was living in USA and then in January 2009 we moved to Canada permanently?

Ladybug

Nov 16, 2007
Hi Summer,
I think the questions on the RQ are very confusing - Question 9 and 10 seemed related from what made sense to me. In question 9, they ask where have all your relatives lived since you became a PR and in question 10, they ask what was the status and what was the status in the country they lived as well as that in Canada. They don't really give you an option to enter dates in question 10 if you look carefully.
What I did was simply put the dates where my family lived since the time I became PR in question 9 and their status in that country and here in Canada at the time. In addition to this, I have added a letter explaining my travel history.

Andrew2012

May 29, 2012
Hello guys! Does anyone know if it is possible to extend the time for answering RQ. I think I wont be able to provide all the necessary information in time as I am out of country. I cant gather all of the documents and I cant get required translation of the passport stamps, children birth certificate etc. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
Hi All: I went every single posts here in this thread. One thing is different in my case. I received RQ today as a shock! I wrote TEST on September. Well, I also received the same letter asking FingerPrint that was already done on June, 2012 (based on the exact same letter!). Do I consider this second letter as an error from CIC? Why do I have to do FingerPrint again (just within 5 months)? Please advise.

arshad hayat

May 1, 2008
Hey, on the 24 of September, I had my citizenship test. Before the test,they gave me my rq from and gave me 45 days to submit them... I'm done filling out the rq but I have no idea where to mail or submit them... Can u please tell me what address I have to mail it to.... Please and thank you.. Please try to reply to me ASAP since I only have 2 more days left o submit my rq...

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
hi mailing address should be on the letter they sent you.

Casey1

Nov 17, 2012
I'm trying to complete a residence questionnaire. My arrival date in Canada was 1973; became a permanent resident in 1976. (39 years living only in Canada.)

The questionnaire specifies that documents must be provided for October 2007 to October 2011.

On the form itself, do I have to enter information for the entire 39 years that I've been here (impossible) or just the 4 year period that corresponds to my submitted documentation?