+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REQUESTING FOR A NEW DATE FOR MY DAUGHTER (MINOR) CITIZENSHIP OATH CEREMONY

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone,

I have received a notification for my son's citizenship oath ceremony scheduled for June 20th. Unfortunately, I am currently not in Canada and won't be back until June 29th, 2024. I became a Canadian citizen a few years ago before applying for his citizenship.

I would like to reschedule the ceremony. Could anyone please advise me on how to proceed, even though it is a Zoom video ceremony?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have received a notification for my son's citizenship oath ceremony scheduled for June 20th. Unfortunately, I am currently not in Canada and won't be back until June 29th, 2024. I became a Canadian citizen a few years ago before applying for his citizenship.

I would like to reschedule the ceremony. Could anyone please advise me on how to proceed, even though it is a Zoom video ceremony?
The email will have the details needed for reschedule. IRCC may not accept your request for reschedule if the reason is not serious enough.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Been outside of canada is a good excuse for IRCC to reschedule?
IRCC make it pretty clear that you should try and be in Canada as your citizenship application progresses. They also make it clear that “You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

Just being outside of Canada, just because, is not a good enough reason. Hopefully you had something urgent to do. That said, follow the instructions in the email if you need to reschedule.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
I am the parent of the applicant. I submitted/signed the application on behalf of a minor child. Do i have to be present on the day of the ceremony.
Its a zoom ceremony