+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for US entry/exit records. FOIA processing time?

tastyh

Feb 6, 2014
So today I took the test but the interviewer handed me a request for my entries and exits to the US (not an RQ).

I looked at the online I94 request website, but it doesn't show all of my entries into the US - I think this may be because I used my NEXUS card a lot of the time.

So I filed a FOIA request - does anyone have any idea how long this takes? My document request says I must provide the required documents within 30 days.

Once this has been supplied, does anyone have any idea of how long this might delay my application?

Thanks kindly!

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied November 3, 2014 and got them on January 8, 2015.

The online I94 tool only goes back 5 years. If that is within your relevant time period, I would send CIC a printout and let them know you've made a FOIA request which will take more than 30 days.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
when you create FOIA account and submit the request, it will show the date of completion, Usually it is one month.

In the mean while you can send i94 details and explanation in letter stating that foia will take time and you will resend foia report once you receive it.
On the letter, also state about day visits that you have done on nexus.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
when you create FOIA account and submit the request, it will show the date of completion, Usually it is one month.

In the mean while you can send i94 details and explanation in letter stating that foia will take time and you will resend foia report once you receive it.
On the letter, also state about day visits that you have done on nexus.
It will show the projected date of completion (one month), which nowadays is not accurate. Recent requests have been taking over two months.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tastyh said:
So today I took the test but the interviewer handed me a request for my entries and exits to the US (not an RQ).

I looked at the online I94 request website, but it doesn't show all of my entries into the US - I think this may be because I used my NEXUS card a lot of the time.

So I filed a FOIA request - does anyone have any idea how long this takes? My document request says I must provide the required documents within 30 days.

Once this has been supplied, does anyone have any idea of how long this might delay my application?

Thanks kindly!
Hi tastyh

Were your entries to and exits from the US made within the 4-year period preceding your application date? or were they made after applying?

tastyh

Feb 6, 2014
The entries they are concerned about are within the 4 year period.

Thanks for the help guys. I printed out the online I94 page and have mailed it to CIC, along with a letter saying I've applied for FOIA.

Hopefully the I94 thing is enough for them and I get a speedy oath date!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tastyh said:
The entries they are concerned about are within the 4 year period.

Thanks for the help guys. I printed out the online I94 page and have mailed it to CIC, along with a letter saying I've applied for FOIA.

Hopefully the I94 thing is enough for them and I get a speedy oath date!
Did you do some land travels?

If yes, did you see wrong departures in your i94?

Tashee

Apr 17, 2015
Hi tastyh

Do you have any updates on your request?
Was the online I94 page that you mailed to CIC was enough for them?
Did you get FOIA finally? Want to check with you as I am in the same situation

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appeared for the test today and passed the test.

Had problems with interview....
1. After landing in Canada by road, our return stamp in USA was not on the passport from 2011.
2. Also on one day trip across the border from buffalo in 2015 was not stamped on passport.

Officer said he will mail details requesting for something....
He did not hand over anything to me after the interview....what could that mean ..

Thanks,
Steve