+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for additional documents

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
The following is from CIC. Not sure what document they are referring to. Does someone have any clue what document(s) they might be referring to?

Date: January 5, 2016 UCI: xxxxxxxx Application: E000xxxxxx
SIDDHARTH SHARMA Email: xxxxxxx@xxx.com

Dear SIDDHARTH SHARMA,

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

UCI Number - SIDDHARTH SHARMA: > Client Information: Receipt of information from client. You have uploaded documents under Client Information but there are problems with the contents and the information cannot be read. Please retry uploading these documents via MyCIC so that an officer can view them.

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by 2016/01/12.

Please note: The above information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be refused.
If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.
For more information on permanent residence in Canada, please visit our web site at: Link.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Sincerely,
Link to CIC

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
From the mail, I'm guessing that the scans are either not clear or not in English. Do you remember which documents you uploaded under Client Information section? Were those birth/marriage certificates?

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
I'm a CEC applicant. This is the list of documents I submitted:

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)
Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Digital photo (required)
Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
Proof of medical exam (required)
Employment Records Software Developer (required)
Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Everything is in English. Not sure what the Client Information section is. Why draft such a confusing letter!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
darthSiddius said:
The following is from CIC. Not sure what document they are referring to. Does someone have any clue what document(s) they might be referring to?
It says in their email -

"You have uploaded documents under Client Information but there are problems with the contents and the information cannot be read".

Well, what I understand is that the file you uploaded somehow got corrupt and they are not able to open/read the content of the file. I suggest you to re-scan and upload the copy they are asking for.

Good luck.

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
It says in their email -

"You have uploaded documents under Client Information but there are problems with the contents and the information cannot be read".

Well, what I understand is that the file you uploaded somehow got corrupt and they are not able to open/read the content of the file. I suggest you to re-scan and upload the copy they are asking for.

Good luck.
What file are they asking for?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
darthSiddius said:
What file are they asking for?
"UCI Number - SIDDHARTH SHARMA: > Client Information: Receipt of information from client. "

From what they have asked, I imagine that you have mentioned about an earlier application to CIC (that was either refused/accepted/returned due to cap). They would have asked for proof and you might have uploaded a document that showed your UCI number. Did this happen or not?

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
"UCI Number - SIDDHARTH SHARMA: > Client Information: Receipt of information from client. "

From what they have asked, I imagine that you have mentioned about an earlier application to CIC (that was either refused/accepted/returned due to cap). They would have asked for proof and you might have uploaded a document that showed your UCI number. Did this happen or not?
What document is "Client Information: Receipt of information from client" specifically? This was my original question.

You are right about the application refused part. But they have never asked me for any proof. Also, they ask 'if you have applied before' while I was recreating my express entry profile and I had provided my previous EE Application number. Shouldn't the UCI Number be the same? I'm still the same client. Why not ask for proof specifically if that is what they mean...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
darthSiddius said:
What document is "Client Information: Receipt of information from client" specifically? This was my original question.

You are right about the application refused part. But they have never asked me for any proof. Also, they ask 'if you have applied before' while I was recreating my express entry profile and I had provided my previous EE Application number. Shouldn't the UCI Number be the same? I'm still the same client. Why not ask for proof specifically if that is what they mean...
Your EE number is NOT UCI number. Please go through the link below -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=013&t=4

A UCI number is given to applications that were previously submitted to CIC (Mere expression of interest does not mean you have submitted an application).

Was your previous application rejected or was it returned due to cap? Was it through Express Entry or was it in FSW 2014?

They are looking for a document that shows the UCI number of your previous application that was refused - Like an AOR or something like that.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
darthSiddius said:
Can you go to upload placeholder page (View submitted application>>Continue>>Documents submitted by the client page) and see which row they have enabled to upload. If you find any row that enabled to upload, i think they are asking that docs.

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Your EE number is NOT UCI number. Please go through the link below -

A UCI number is given to applications that were previously submitted to CIC (Mere expression of interest does not mean you have submitted an application).
Just to avoid confusion due to my original comment. I actually removed the UCI Number and wrote 'UCI Number' in its place as I didn't want to share it online.
They asked for the following document: {8 digit UCI number here} - SIDDHARTH SHARMA: > Client Information: Receipt of information from client.

Why ask for proof if the applications were created from the same MyCIC account (therefore, the same UCI number). I already provided the application number for the previous application (they asked for the application number and not UCI) which has the UCI number in it.
Was your previous application rejected or was it returned due to cap? Was it through Express Entry or was it in FSW 2014?
Rejected. Got an ITA for FSW but didn't have sufficient funds to satisfy the proof of funds requirement. Through Express Entry.

They are looking for a document that shows the UCI number of your previous application that was refused - Like an AOR or something like that.
Shouldn't they already have this information? It was through express entry and hence online, so no paper forms to scan!

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
duckirha said:
Can you go to upload placeholder page (View submitted application>>Continue>>Documents submitted by the client page) and see which row they have enabled to upload. If you find any row that enabled to upload, i think they are asking that docs.
The only section enabled is 'Letter of Explanation'. I had uploaded a letter of explanation specifying my previous application number. Do they want me to upload the same LOE again or are they asking for further information. The language used in their request is so confusing!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
darthSiddius said:
Just to avoid confusion due to my original comment. I actually removed the UCI Number and wrote 'UCI Number' in its place as I didn't want to share it online.
They asked for the following document: {8 digit UCI number here} - SIDDHARTH SHARMA: > Client Information: Receipt of information from client.

Why ask for proof if the applications were created from the same MyCIC account (therefore, the same UCI number). I already provided the application number for the previous application (they asked for the application number and not UCI) which has the UCI number in it.
Rejected. Got an ITA for FSW but didn't have sufficient funds to satisfy the proof of funds requirement. Through Express Entry.
Shouldn't they already have this information? It was through express entry and hence online, so no paper forms to scan!
Okay, I interpreted your initial post differently. I though they had mentioned the UCI of a previous application and they requested a document that showed the UCI.

Okay, so now, I guess you can do what duckirha has suggested. Go to the placeholder page and check what placeholders are available. Upload those documents.

duckirha

Sep 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-09-2015 SINP
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
darthSiddius said:
The only section enabled is 'Letter of Explanation'. I had uploaded a letter of explanation specifying my previous application number. Do they want me to upload the same LOE again or are they asking for further information. The language used in their request is so confusing!
Yes, the language they used is confusing. Have you paid RPRF later after your application submission? May be they are asking something like receipt or invoice.