+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rent a car

unitedbronx

Mar 7, 2022
I am traveling to Guadeloupe next month. And I don't feel safe to use the public transport there. Besides, I have a feeling that it doesn't function well. Any ideas how to rent a car from here, i.e. online?

badalana

Apr 26, 2023
I am not sure if I can help you here. I have never been to that country, so of course I don't know how to rent a car there. So please ask your friends or wait till comebody else comes. I am sure they will.

andrealam

Jun 20, 2023
Have you checked booking? In many places you can use it for car renting. Or when you arrive, you can ask people at the place you're going to stay in

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I am traveling to Guadeloupe next month. And I don't feel safe to use the public transport there. Besides, I have a feeling that it doesn't function well. Any ideas how to rent a car from here, i.e. online?
May I ask why you have joined this forum? You have 7 posts here since joining. Not one even remotely related to Canadian immigration.

Your post here is under the "Health" section of the forum. Is renting a car in a foreign land a health issue? Is it because you said "And I don't feel safe to use the public transport there." Maybe that's it. Using public transport would not be good for your health.

William12

Sep 24, 2024
It's great that you're planning ahead for your trip to Guadeloupe! Renting a car is a smart choice if you want more control over your transportation, especially since public transport may not be as reliable in some areas. You can easily rent a car online before you arrive. Here are a few options:

1. International Car Rental Agencies: Companies like Hertz, Europcar, and Avis operate in Guadeloupe. You can visit their websites or use apps like Rentalcars.com or Kayak to compare prices and book online.
  2. Local Car Rental Companies: Guadeloupe has some local agencies that might offer more competitive rates. Sites like JumboCar or Rentîles specialize in Caribbean rentals, and you can make a booking directly through their websites.
  3. Pick-up Locations: Most agencies allow you to pick up the car directly at Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport (PTP), which is convenient when you land.
  4. Additional Tips: Make sure you check the car insurance options, driving license requirements, and any rules about driving in Guadeloupe to avoid issues. It's also a good idea to reserve early to get the best rates.
Safe travels and enjoy your time in Guadeloupe!