01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
doctorkb said:
Ignatieff sucks more... :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Ha ha - I am so with you. I can't vote for him. EVER. Liberals need to ditch him and select a good leader.

Heard him speak a couple of times about 15 years ago back when he was in his "I'm embarrassed to be Canadian" phase. He his comments about Canada were extremely derogatory. He was also one of the most self-involved and pompous individuals I've ever met (second only to Adrienne Clarkson - don't get me started on that mess).

I can't get over what I heard back then. And I find his sudden "love" for Canada very convenient and two-faced. Don't trust him as far as I could throw him.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
most people vote for parties based on 1 or more issues that is/are most important to them, which could be immigration policy, national security, the economy and/or tax cuts.

so if someone is voting for liberal's because of whatever one issue that matters most to them, you should not point fingers at them for doing so.

most people are not going to be voting for a party based on their policy on prison sentences (until you've been personally affected by crime) nor corporate taxes (unless you are an entrepreneur).

it's the personal issues that matter most to people- health care, immigration (family reunification) and tax cuts (more money in my pockets).

emmagail said:
why are you voting Liberal?
is it their policy on:
1) voting against penalties for people smuggling? - conservatives proposed the punishment, so they voted against
2) let anybody into Canada, just arrive and you welcome in (think 9-11 NY or 7-7 London)
3) lower prison sentences believing that therapy will solve the problem?
4)increase corporation tax to encourage multi-nationals to leave Canada?

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
Was this conversation meant to have anything to do with family class sponsorship?

Rather than trade partisan bs, can any comment on whether any of the parties made any move in the past few years to bring this process back under control? I can tell you for instance that one retired director from CIC couldn't even get his head around what we have to do to bring a legitimate spouse to the country when I explained today's realities. The bureaucrats themselves don't seem to be behind what's going on, so I'd like to hear some real policy discussion....

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Liberals promise about family sponsorship time lines is just a vote caster. Note that he made this statement in an area that had a high East Indian population. Most Canadians do NOT support this policy at all, they see mothers and fathers etc as a drain on their tax dollars.

I am sorry but I seriously doubt that any political party will truly support faster time lines for parents.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
nb8285 said:
most people vote for parties based on 1 or more issues that is/are most important to them, which could be immigration policy, national security, the economy and/or tax cuts.

so if someone is voting for liberal's because of whatever one issue that matters most to them, you should not point fingers at them for doing so.

most people are not going to be voting for a party based on their policy on prison sentences (until you've been personally affected by crime) nor corporate taxes (unless you are an entrepreneur).

it's the personal issues that matter most to people- health care, immigration (family reunification) and tax cuts (more money in my pockets).

WELL SAID!!!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
During this election please remember....

After shaking hands with ANY politician.......

Count your fingers and thumbs :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Baloo said:

Love it!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Baloo said:

ha ha ha ha....one thing that never changes, no matter what Country you live in or come from. Politicians suck....big time.....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The good news is, in Canada many political animals are available on twitter - and they do respond if you are reasonable.

Check out this site, they are certainly engaging a few politicians :)

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
The good news is, in Canada many political animals are available on twitter - and they do respond if you are reasonable.

Check out this site, they are certainly engaging a few politicians :)
you mean there are undercover people?..... :D

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
angelbrat said:
ha ha ha ha....one thing that never changes, no matter what Country you live in or come from. Politicians suck....big time.....
I sooo agree with you man. They all s*** ... All they want is Power and Money !!!!

niagradreamin

Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
NOC Code......
MD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a good politician is someone who believes in what he says...i think they dont care about what they said before immigration is a small example that they haven`t done it as they promised before...all they fight is because of money and power just...

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am really sorry to say that but Stephen Harper isn't going anywhere. He will be re-elected, for sure!

I don't like him but as of now there's no one stronger than him, I hear lots of canadians saying that they don't like the current government and bla bla bla, however they are not doing anything to take Harper out. The Liberals and NDPs instead of forming a coalition are fighting against each other. This won't take them anywhere.

uccemebug

Mar 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-28-2011
Passport Req..
09-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2011
LANDED..........
10-05-20
boasorte said:
I am really sorry to say that but Stephen Harper isn't going anywhere. He will be re-elected, for sure!
Agreed. As pointed out in a recent Globe + Mail articlehttp://bit.ly/fKLMYl, there's not much actual discussion as to what the Conservative agenda might be once elected, but they're definitely coming back in this time barring some catastrophe.

boasorte said:
The Liberals and NDPs instead of forming a coalition are fighting against each other. This won't take them anywhere.
I don't see them working together anytime soon. It was sad to see the storied PC party destroyed in the fight between them and the Reform/Alliance social conservatives. But I think that the difference between the Liberals (e.g. Neo-Liberals; e.g. conservatives) and the NDP is even greater than the difference between the two right wing parties that "merged".