+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Guys,

What do you suggest Writing module checking is more lenient at BC or IDP?

Any sane suggestion from experience holder, I'm waiting for EOR if didn't turned out to be positive I will have to re register, with whom you suggest to go?
Both are same however, I felt that British Council is more professional

irfanjan

Apr 20, 2019
IELTS General - Computer Delivered
Test: 27 Sep 2020
Results: 2 Oct 2020; LRWS: 9 8 7.5 6.5
EOR filed for Writing and Speaking:
EOR posted on 2 Oct 2020; also emailed the scan to BC
EOR acknowledged by BC on 8 Oct 2020
Awaiting a decision...

Last edited:
Reactions: qaziarslantariq

shashank933

Jul 26, 2020
IELTS score cannot decrease after remark.
IELTS General - Computer Delivered
Test: 27 Sep 2020
Results: 2 Oct 2020; LRWS: 9 8 7.5 6.5
EOR filed for Writing and Speaking:
EOR posted on 2 Oct 2020; also emailed the scan to BC
EOR acknowledged by BC on 8 Oct 2020
Awaiting a decision...
I also appeared on 27th September and my score is same as yours except writing module where i scored 6.5.. From which place you appeared?

irfanjan

Apr 20, 2019
Good luck. Mine was IDP, Islamabad
Thanks!! good luck to you too!!

I will update as soon as I receive an outcome. Looking at the speaking rubric, I am quite hopeful it will be increased, but I am not dead sure. I was fluent and didn't make any grammatical mistakes AFAIK, but may have messed up on part 2 where, even though I spoke non-stop, I may not have precisely covered the topic given, and this annoyed the examiner a little bit, because he pointed it out that I didn't cover it completely and then immediately started with part 3. I believe I did quite well in part 3. Regarding part 1, I don't remember much, but I did request him to repeat a question (this is the only repetition request I made). Not sure if this has any negative impact on the score. Since the fee was same no matter how many areas I request to be remarked, I chose writing part anyway because my performance in that was nearly flawless, so just in case it improves, it will save me money . I am practicing my speaking skill meanwhile.

Reactions: qaziarslantariq

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
When
Thanks!! good luck to you too!!

I will update as soon as I receive an outcome. Looking at the speaking rubric, I am quite hopeful it will be increased, but I am not dead sure. I was fluent and didn't make any grammatical mistakes AFAIK, but may have messed up on part 2 where, even though I spoke non-stop, I may not have precisely covered the topic given, and this annoyed the examiner a little bit, because he pointed it out that I didn't cover it completely and then immediately started with part 3. I believe I did quite well in part 3. Regarding part 1, I don't remember much, but I did request him to repeat a question (this is the only repetition request I made). Not sure if this has any negative impact on the score. Since the fee was same no matter how many areas I request to be remarked, I chose writing part anyway because my performance in that was nearly flawless, so just in case it improves, it will save me money . I am practicing my speaking skill meanwhile.
When did you submit the EOR request? Did you submit the original TRF along with the EOR form?

irfanjan

Apr 20, 2019
When did you submit the EOR request? Did you submit the original TRF along with the EOR form?
I went to the nearest Standard Chartered and filled the British Council's deposit slip for IELTS. Marked EOR on the deposit slip and also put the signed and filled EOR application form inside the same envelop that comes with the deposit slip, so it is mailed from the bank to British Council office. I did it on 2 Oct 2020 i.e. the same day when I received my result. They acknowledged it on 8 Oct 2020. I didn't send my TRF because that is no longer required with EOR application. It only needs to be returned if the score changes after a successful EOR.

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
I went to the nearest Standard Chartered and filled the British Council's deposit slip for IELTS. Marked EOR on the deposit slip and also put the signed and filled EOR application form inside the same envelop that comes with the deposit slip, so it is mailed from the bank to British Council office. I did it on 2 Oct 2020 i.e. the same day when I received my result. They acknowledged it on 8 Oct 2020. I didn't send my TRF because that is no longer required with EOR application. It only needs to be returned if the score changes after a successful EOR.
But when I asked today, they said that original TRF must be returned. May be IDP's system is different from BC

Reactions: irfanjan

shashank933

Jul 26, 2020
All the best brother ! I appeared from New Delhi, India. I spoke to customer care two days back and he said my writing module has already been assigned to examiner from UK. I received the acknowledgement from BC on 5th Oct. Let's hope for positive result.

Reactions: irfanjan

irfanjan

Apr 20, 2019
All the best brother ! I appeared from New Delhi, India. I spoke to customer care two days back and he said my writing module has already been assigned to examiner from UK. I received the acknowledgement from BC on 5th Oct. Let's hope for positive result.
Thank you and best of luck!!