+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
EOR applied 26th April 2019
EOR Acknowledged 29th April 2019

Called them on 21st day, at which they informed that they take 28 days for processing.

Received another message that EOR is still under process and next update will be received on 31st mAy 2019
Someone also got this message in this thread and received positive result in the end. So hope for the best.

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
I have been a silent observer on canadavisa forum for quiet some time, preparing quietly for IELTS. But I thought now that I have my IELTS cleared I should share the remark success story with you guys. I sat for IELTS (IDP) along with my wife on 27/04/2019 and got my result on 11/05/2019. My initial result was L:9 R:8.5 W:6.5 S: 7.5 (My wife got all the required bands she needed 6 in each although she also got 6.5 in writing but that was because she was short on word limit for Task 2 "slow writer"). So, I was totally disappointed with my writing score as I was expecting 7 in writing and after almost 1.5 months of prep a 6.5 was not something I was expecting, after doing everything in writing that was needed for a 7 (Vocab, Connectors, paragraphing, conclusion etc you name it) .

So when the result came my initial response was to start preparing for the next session. My wife who was the reader for my IELTS essay practice said that no way on earth you can get a 6.5. She thought my writing was good and as per IELTS 7 band standard unless she said I made big blunder which I did not. So, she motivated me to apply for an EOR. After applying for an EOR on 18/05/2019 the wait game began. Although, kept doing the practice in-case my scores are not improved. I also randomly kept on checking the online IDP Result portal for any change in mark and today during such random check I saw this on the portal L:9 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 and S:7.5. i am still waiting for the updated TRF. Fingers crossed.

My IELTS Journey ends today and now begins the process of document preparation and waiting for ECA. If you are confident about your ability go for a re-mark scores do change and always get your work checked while preparing for IELTS by a second person and get their feedback. Both these things helped me in making a decision to opt for EOR instead of a re-sit and I am glad I went for the EOR.

Regards,
Ahsan

Last edited:

Woqi114

Nov 15, 2017
I have been a silent observer on canadavisa forum for quiet some time, preparing quietly for IELTS. But I thought now that I have my IELTS cleared I should share the remark success story with you guys. I sat for IELTS (IDP) along with my wife on 27/04/2019 and got my result on 11/05/2019. My initial result was L:9 R:8.5 W:6.5 S: 7.5 (My wife got all the required bands she needed 6 in each although she also got 6.5 in writing but that was because she was short word limit for Task 2 "slow writer"). So, I was totally disappointed with my writing score as I was expecting 7 in writing and after almost 1.5 months of prep a 6.5 was not something I was expecting, after doing everything in writing that was needed for a 7 (Vocab, Connectors, paragraphing, conclusion etc your name it) .

So when the result came my initial response was to start preparing for the next session. My wife who was the reader for my IELTS essay practice said that no way on earth you can get a 6.5. She thought my writing was good and as per IELTS 7 band standard unless she said I made big blunder which I did not. So, she motivated me to apply for an EOR. After applying for an EOR on 18/05/2019 the wait game began. Although, kept doing the practice in-case my scores are not improved. I also randomly kept on checking the online IDP Result portal for any change in mark and today during such random check I saw this on the portal L:9 R: 8.5 W: 7.0 and S:7.5. i am still waiting for the updated TRF. Fingers crossed.

My IELTS Journey ends today and now begins the process of document preparation and waiting for ECA. If you are confident about your ability go for a re-mark scores do change and always get your work checked while preparing for IELTS by a second person and get their feedback. Both these things helped me in making a decision to opt for EOR instead of a re-sit and I am glad I went for the EOR.

Regards,
Ahsan
Congrats @ahsanshahbaz. That was real quick I must say. Did you get any acknowledgement email prior to checking your score? I have the same exam date as yours and I've also applied for an EOR but mine is through BC.

Last edited:

he5ham

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I have been a silent observer on canadavisa forum for quiet some time, preparing quietly for IELTS. But I thought now that I have my IELTS cleared I should share the remark success story with you guys. I sat for IELTS (IDP) along with my wife on 27/04/2019 and got my result on 11/05/2019. My initial result was L:9 R:8.5 W:6.5 S: 7.5 (My wife got all the required bands she needed 6 in each although she also got 6.5 in writing but that was because she was short word limit for Task 2 "slow writer"). So, I was totally disappointed with my writing score as I was expecting 7 in writing and after almost 1.5 months of prep a 6.5 was not something I was expecting, after doing everything in writing that was needed for a 7 (Vocab, Connectors, paragraphing, conclusion etc your name it) .

Regards,
Ahsan
Dear Ahsan,

That's great! I am in the same situation, and just need .5 band in Writing.
I took the exam on the exact same day (27/April/2019), and I applied for EoR on May 4.

Thanks again for sharing your success story. Good luck with the remaining procedures ;)

Reactions: crs350onip

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Congrats @ahsanshahbaz. That was real quick I must say. Did you get any acknowledgement email prior to checking your score? I have the same exam date as yours and I've also applied for an EOR but mine is through BC.
By Acknowledgement email if you mean that "IDP has received my request for EOR" I have not received that not sure if it is a standard process for both IDP or BC. I went to AEO Office (Official test centre for IDP Exams in Pakisan) along with my TRF, IDP EOR Form and bank draft. They gave me computer generated receipt that my EOR application has been received.

They told me that once my EOR process is complete I will be hearing from them through e-mail and phone that my EOR is complete then I can come and collect my TRF from their office or I can ask them send it over mail (i have not received this communication yet maybe because it is Sunday). The change in score as per them will not be communicated over e-mail if there is a change they will send a cheque in my name along with TRF.

I hope this helps.

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dear Ahsan,

That's great! I am in the same situation, and just need .5 band in Writing.
I took the exam on the exact same day (27/April/2019), and I applied for EoR on May 4.

Thanks again for sharing your success story. Good luck with the remaining procedures ;)
I think you should check with your centre wait time for EOR is maximum 22 days and if you filed for EOR on May 4 you should be hearing for them on Monday. In case if you don't give them a call and best of luck with EOR hopefully you will get the required 0.5 :)

crs350onip

Feb 23, 2019
Pakistan
NOC Code......
I think you should check with your centre wait time for EOR is maximum 22 days and if you filed for EOR on May 4 you should be hearing for them on Monday. In case if you don't give them a call and best of luck with EOR hopefully you will get the required 0.5 :)

Dear Ahsan, Congrats on your EOR success and thanks for sharing this information.

So what I can understand, it took 9 days from EOR date for your case to reflect new scores on IELTS website. This means even if IDP or BC don’t communicate to us we can track using this method indirectly which is awesome. I also applied for an EOR on 25-May and hoping to see my scores trigger by 0.5 in writing as this is the pain point as of now.

Zindabad !