+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected refugee claim, husband is leaving with a Canadian citizen!

Vikkietai

Jul 19, 2019
Hi everyone, please I need your advice ASAP.
My family's refugee claim has just been rejected on the basis of credibility, we are about to file for an appeal.
We've been in Canada since September 2017 and had our last child here in Canada. My husband has been with another woman almost since we got here and we have been having issues.
Now he wants a divorce, leaving me and our 3 kids ages 6, 3and 1. The other woman Is a Canada citizen and I'm sure they're getting married so my husband can get his PR.
I'm about to be left alone and just filing for an appeal, what can I do? I'm so afraid now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately if your husband has been with another woman since you arrived in Canada you should file for divorce for your own wellbeing. You can report your concerns that your husband is trying to get PR through a relationship with a Canadian woman. I assume it will already be a concern if he ever files for spousal sponsorship.

You will have to file your appeal and you have the option of trying for an H&C claim if your appeal is denied. Unfortunately there have been a large volume of claims from west Africa in the past 3 years especially from Nigeria. There are many true asylum claims but there are other fake asylum claims and people have arrived with very similar stories and reasons. Some are the exact same stories and have clearly been coached. This has created much more suspicion. Your best option is to try and make yourself self-sufficient without your husband and wai5 for your appeal.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-immigration-nigeria/canadian-refugee-ruling-unfair-to-nigerians-lawyers-idUSKCN1L621Q