+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding the translation of digital chat/dialogue history...

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
Hi all, I think I am on the last page of the application preparation, the translation of the digital chat/dialogue history.
What is the most acceptable way of doing it? Screen shot or exported .txt file?
Should I get it authenticated by the translation company or a local notary?
Should I have my wife's birth certificate authenticated by the translation company or a local notary?

How did you prepare yours?

Thank you

Last edited:

raekile

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all, I think I am on the last page of the application preparation, the translation of the digital chat/dialogue history.
What is the most acceptable way of doing it? Screen shot or exported .txt file?
Should I get it authenticated by the translation company or a local notary?
Should I have my wife's birth certificate authenticated by the translation company or a local notary?

How did you prepare yours?

Thank you
I hope my experience can be of assistance to you.

1. I did not provide the chat history in my application, but screenshots of the key timeframes of the chat history will suffice. You can prepare the screenshots and then find a local translation agency where the translator can provide a valid affidavit for the translation documents.
2. The same routine mentioned above can also be employed for preparing your wife's birth certificate.

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
I hope my experience can be of assistance to you.

1. I did not provide the chat history in my application, but screenshots of the key timeframes of the chat history will suffice. You can prepare the screenshots and then find a local translation agency where the translator can provide a valid affidavit for the translation documents.
2. The same routine mentioned above can also be employed for preparing your wife's birth certificate.
Did you have both the translation agency and notary authenticating your docs?

raekile

Sep 29, 2021
Did you have both the translation agency and notary authenticating your docs?
Yes, I did. However, as previously stated, my application package did not include the chat history. Besides, translation agencies have nothing to do with the notary; they simply take the responsibility (the translator must provide the affidavit) for translating the foreign documents you provide.

jamiel886

Jun 16, 2020
Yes, I did. However, as previously stated, my application package did not include the chat history. Besides, translation agencies have nothing to do with the notary; they simply take the responsibility (the translator must provide the affidavit) for translating the foreign documents you provide.
Btw, how many screen shots did you include in your application?

Thanks

raekile

Sep 29, 2021
Btw, how many screen shots did you include in your application?

Thanks
The screenshots are not included in my application's package. Based on what I've learned thus far, you can pick key events from your chat history and draw up informative captions. Aside from that, the logical chain within the screenshots should be rational so that the validity and truthfulness of your relationship can be demonstrated.