+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding express entry

Aug 25, 2019
Hlo
Need your help
Actually I have done my 12th (high school graduation) from india and also done 2 yr diploma in electrical engineering technology from a Canadian college.
My question is what should i fill in what is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hlo
Need your help
Actually I have done my 12th (high school graduation) from india and also done 2 yr diploma in electrical engineering technology from a Canadian college.
My question is what should i fill in what is your level of education?

Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Can you explain what the doubt is it what are the options between which you have a doubt

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Did you study in Canada or in a Canadian accredited institute in your home country?

I looked at the CRS points calculator and saw this:

4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?

Note: to answer yes:
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months

Aug 25, 2019
Can you explain what the doubt is it what are the options between which you have a doubt
Actually my question is when i calculate my points in crs calculator
I had to fill what is the level of ur education
So in first column i fill up two years program
Then i 4b is i would i have to fill again i studied in canada and have done 2 years diploma in electrical engineering technology
Actually i have done 12 th in india and then came to canada and done 2 yrs diploma

Aug 25, 2019
Your highest recognized degree is what counts. If your Canadian institution is a designated one, you can claim Canadian education points.
Sir could u help me in calculating my crs
Age 23
Education 2yrs post secondary diploma in canada
Never married
Ielts
Clb 9 speaking and writing and clb 10 in others
Work experience 2 yrs
No nominee
No lmia
Haven't got a certification
No foreign work experience
No blood relation

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Yeah i have done it already
But still there is a confusion in education part
As i have only done 2 yrs post secondary diploma in Canada
So in which does i i ha to fill 4 a o 4b
4) is a generic question to cover all cases of education inside and outside Canada. If 4b) answer is YES then 4c) becomes specific to Canadian education. I'm not sure what you're confused about.

Edit: "Highest" degree is what they're after. Your secondary diploma from India is irrelevant if you a have post secondary diploma from Canada.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019
U r not understanding wht i am saying
I have only done my secondary education in india
Then i came to canada canada to do my diploma
I am filling at that option that, my diploma is my highest education
Then 4b appears and asks is i have Canadian degree diploma or not . My question is does i have to say yes in this column as i have already told in 4 a that i hold a diploma (highest level education ) that is done in canada.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
U r not understanding wht i am saying
I have only done my secondary education in india
Then i came to canada canada to do my diploma
I am filling at that option that, my diploma is my highest education
Then 4b appears and asks is i have Canadian degree diploma or not . My question is does i have to say yes in this column as i have already told in 4 a that i hold a diploma (highest level education ) that is done in canada.
No offense but you're the one who's over complicating things.

Again..
4) Asks about the HIGHEST level of education in ANY COUNTRY. In your case, this happens to be the 2 year diploma in Canada. For others, it can be in a different country.
4b) Asks about if you had ANY CANADIAN education. You obviously answer YES.
4c) Asks to specify which type of CANADIAN education. In your case, you repeat whatever you said in 4). For others, they could've attended school up to the Secondary stage in Canada and then left to obtain another non-Canadian education or whatever.

In a nutshell, 4) and 4c) are the same answers for you because your highest education was obtained from Canada.

Last edited: