+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding : "0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers"

kaushik

May 27, 2009
This is with reference to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

I have query that is the person needs to be IT manager only or a person having IT person can apply under this category? In my case I have 3 yrs experience in Software Testing. So am I eligible to apply under this category?
I was going through some posts which was saying that IT Managers category will be removed from skilled workers list from next yr. Is it true? Please answer these queries. Thank you very much in advance.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you can apply if you think you have been performing the managerial level duties for more than one year. none of us knows what will happen the next year or in the future, but only the immigration minister of canada.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Hi,

Will in that case we would be shwoing NOC as 0213 or NOC which Testing Category should show NOC-2283.

Please tell.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Waiting for expert comments.

Meena

kaushik

May 27, 2009
With the reference of this thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/it-people-developer-designers-architects-testers-how-have-you-applied-t18851.0.html

Read the comment by "cut" which says that IT wont be on 38 skills list from next year. So, i was thinking of this comment is true or not?

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
What really surprises me is the "one year experience" as part of the application process. It's virtually impossible to get an IT job, especial IT Manager jobs in Canada even with years of overseas experience let alone "one year experience".

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
It is out of my knowledge, how can a person having 2 or 3 years of experience as a
Software Tester saying he or she got the same level of experience as an IT Manager ??

0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers :

Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project

Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other
personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering,
network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
newapplicant said:
It is out of my knowledge, how can a person having 2 or 3 years of experience as a
Software Tester saying he or she got the same level of experience as an IT Manager ??

0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers :

Control the budget and expenditures of the department, company or project

Recruit and supervise computer analysts, engineers, programmers, technicians and other
personnel and oversee their professional development and training.

Several years of experience in systems analysis, data administration, software engineering,
network design or computer programming, including supervisory experience, are required.
what you are referring to are the employment requirements. they are not listed under the NOC code to tell you that the applicant should meet all these educational requirements at the time of applying for an immigration to canada. they are listed under the NOC only to tell you that you should meet these educational requirements if you want to get a job in Canada in this profession. people working in IT sector at senior or team lead levels sometimes have managerial duties as well... not all the managerial duties but hiring the staff, making and implementing policies, managing the team(s) are usually the common duties of IT team leads also. so if someone wants to try his luck with these responsibilities and apply for canadian immigration, there's nothing to loose. this is upto the applicant and his boss to prove that he did the managerial duties. if he succeeds, well and good. if he doesn't, he will get his fees back. if he misrepresents and get caught, his application will be refused. so i think this depends how he puts forward his applicantion. at the end of the day, we all know that the final decision is of CIC, not ours.

newapplicant

Feb 1, 2009
Dear ja77, thanks for your reply.

Although what I referred is the employment requirement in Canada, It does not mean
that you don't need several years of experience to be an IT Manager. Definitely, your
chance to become an IT Manger with few years of experience as a Software Tester is
very low. When you submit your experience letter as an IT Manager, you should prove
that you had several years of IT experience before you became an IT Manager. So, if
you are a Team Leader now, you should prove that you were a Team member before.

Also, yes anybody can try his luck, but there is sure something to loose. You will loose
your hard work before you apply, you will loose your money, you will loose your passion.
Last but not least, you will be dishearted and depressed after rejection. So, if you are a
Tester, think before you apply.

Please, go to the following link to see some examples of an IT Manger Duties :

http://compass4.com/for/Services/IT_MANAGEMENT/IT_Manager_duties.htm

Thanks.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
about losing passion and gettind dishearted and depressed, i was about to leave for canada last year on TWP when my canadian employer cancelled my position (laid me off in simple words) because of slump even before i could leave for canada. i was so depressed and dishearted because i was so well prepared to leave. but then i decided to apply again on my own and now my PR application is in process. i only want to say that i would rather apply and see what future holds for me instead of sitting and worrying about application refusal. one should try and be honest with his applicantion and leave the rest upto God.

you dont lose the government fees. CIC claims that in case the application does not go through successfully the initial assessment at CIU, Sydney, the government fees will be refunded to the applicant.

the last line of my previous reply says it all. i think this depends upon how the IO scrutinizes your experience and background. but yes, i am not an expert.

regards...