+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Cases Only - Join Here.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I'm re-applying for my study permit after getting a refusal in Dec'20. Sharing my timeline and relevant details for your reference, any suggestions to improve the quality of the application would be most appreciated.

Application Date - 14th Oct'20
Application Type - SDS (From India)
Fees - Complete Course Fees Paid
Course Applied for - Post Graduate Certificate - Marketing Management
Highest Academic Qualification - B. Engineering
IELTS Score - 7.5 overall with no less than 7 in any band
Work Experience - 5 years in advertising
Background Check - Passed 15th Dec'20
Biometrics - Completed 16th Dec'20
First Refusal - 17th Dec'20
Enrollment Deferred to Sep'21 with new LOA

Details about the refusal -

--------------------------------------------------

Refusal letter states -

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Ordered GCMS Notes, below is the summary -

• Language scores not provided - I am unable to determine the candidates English language abilities
• Previous education/employment experience is inconsistent with current educational goals; I am not satisfied that the motivation to persue this particular program in Canada, at this point in time, is reasonable, see LOA/transcripts

I am therefore not satisfied that the applicant would be a bona fide student in Canada who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

--------------------------------------------------

I understand that one of the errors on my part was that I missed attaching my IELTS scores but my SOP was pretty detailed (1500 words+) stating my reasons to persue higher education and why I chose Canada. My work experience is also related to my course so I'm a little lost in terms of what went wrong. Please do share your suggestions on how I can fix this.
They compare your chosen course with highest level of studies and not experience. This is the reason why many people choose a course in their stream and once in Canada will take admission in course of their choice. Yes you loose money but unfortunately that's the way the system works.

Feb 10, 2021
They compare your chosen course with highest level of studies and not experience. This is the reason why many people choose a course in their stream and once in Canada will take admission in course of their choice. Yes you loose money but unfortunately that's the way the system works.
Thanks @shalid for your inputs, is there no way to resolve this? I have been in the advertising/marketing space ever since I've started working and would like to continue building on it with a post graduate course.

Malko29

Feb 11, 2021
Hello, I got refusal after AIP
I was enrolled in September 2020 intake in international systems business analysis + international business management and completed my first semester online with 85% overall marks but now i received refusal letter on 20 Jan 2021.
I got 8 bands overall in IELTS and did Mcom as my previous study.

Here is my refusal letter.

Dear PRABHJEET SINGH,
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. Refused under R216(1)(b).
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please guide me what should I mention in my sop while relaunching my application.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thanks @shalid for your inputs, is there no way to resolve this? I have been in the advertising/marketing space ever since I've started working and would like to continue building on it with a post graduate course.
Totally get your point. However there are couple of things here. Lot of people actually abuse the system with an intension to settle there illegally. This makes them look at people from those high risk countries with eyes of suspicion and are usually very strict with their decision making.

Now, in you case you have clearly demonstrated that you have experience in relevant field and hence you choose the course to expand your knowledge further. I am surprised they haven't considered that fact. This is a generic problem, I don't think VO spend enough time on cases as if they did you would not have been rejected.

All you can do is go back strongly and explain a proper action plan on what you wish to achieve with some visible demonstration of job prospects once you go back home after studies. If you can afford then hire a Canadian lawyer and see how they can help make your case stronger.

Feb 10, 2021
Totally get your point. However there are couple of things here. Lot of people actually abuse the system with an intension to settle there illegally. This makes them look at people from those high risk countries with eyes of suspicion and are usually very strict with their decision making.

Now, in you case you have clearly demonstrated that you have experience in relevant field and hence you choose the course to expand your knowledge further. I am surprised they haven't considered that fact. This is a generic problem, I don't think VO spend enough time on cases as if they did you would not have been rejected.

All you can do is go back strongly and explain a proper action plan on what you wish to achieve with some visible demonstration of job prospects once you go back home after studies. If you can afford then hire a Canadian lawyer and see how they can help make your case stronger.
Thanks @Shalid, appreciate your inputs, hope the second application goes through.

Arman Malik

Feb 14, 2021
Generic reasons but will greatly improve your chances op approval if you apply from your home country and explain in your SOP
-Why this course in Canada and not in India
-How does it add or improve the skills and knowledge you already have
What are your plans when you return back from Canada to your home country
If you are employed.. Explain why are your leaving employment to pursue education in Canada
what can we write to explain to answer the question why this college!!!! For e.g I opted Cambrian college for Project Management graduate certificate program how can I explain that apart from other colleges i choose this college ?

Arman Malik

Feb 14, 2021
Hello guys, can you provide me suggestion or help regarding my case. I am previously refused from Canada on basis of following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and your future prospects and plans.
My qualification is B.tech(civil engineering) with 70% completed in 2019. My IELTS SCORE IS OVERALL 7.0 not less than 6.5.

1)college applied = Lambton
course opted = construction project management
result = rejected
2) college applied again = Canada college
course opted = business administration
result = refusal

After this I also applied CAIPS NOTES but there are also same reasons as mentioned on refusal letter nothing else. Now, I selected Cambrian College for graduate certificate program Project management. So, while applying this time what should i do more so, that i can present my case more strongly.
Your response would be highly appreciated and beneficial for me.
I have also made SOP should I upload it here!

prachi167

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
hello Prachi could you tell me how much time it takes to receive GCMS notes from caipsgcms.com and how much it will cost? and whether it will basic or premium !! thank you in Advance.
I took the $20 one but you can also go for the $15 as you can read the report yourself. It took 32 days. I think its supposed to be 30days but due to the pandemic situation it got delayed by 2 days. I liked their service a lot and most importantly it was secure. There are many companies and you can google more.

Reactions: Arman Malik

Arman Malik

Feb 14, 2021
Hello guys, can you provide me suggestion or help regarding my case. I am previously refused from Canada on basis of following reasons

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability, and your future prospects and plans.
My qualification is B.tech(civil engineering) with 70% completed in 2019. My IELTS SCORE IS OVERALL 7.0 not less than 6.5.

result = rejected
result = refusal

After this I also applied CAIPS NOTES but there are also same reasons as mentioned on refusal letter nothing else. Now, I selected Cambrian College for graduate certificate program Project management. So, while applying this time what should i do more so, that i can present my case more strongly.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
hello Prachi could you tell me how much time it takes to receive GCMS notes from caipsgcms.com and how much it will cost? and whether it will basic or premium !! thank you in Advance.
It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer. See below

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu Same process and cost to obtain GCMS from CBSA

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Applied on 21st April 2020 for a two year post baccalaureate diploma in business Analytics at cape breton university but visa got refused after 6 months on 21st October 2020. Reason were: purpose of visit and motivation to study this particular program is not reasonable based previous employment and education. Now applied again in a 16 months master program on 13th January 2021 for May intake. Hoping for a positive response this time.
can you please provide full profile along with acads, scores and employment history?

prakashperam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021

result = rejected
result = refusal

Please share your SOP in DM