+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refund in 6 MONTHS !!!

C

cajoejoe

hmmm,

As American citizen. Reason being moving to Canada not only the economy has gone sour, and not sitting on my thumbs to see if it gets any better. My personal choice is to start a family. At the end of the day is it worth it? everyone has a unique reasons, but be humble, if it meant to be it will be. if not dont fight the tides.

That's my two cents.
~j

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
when you talk about competition, you're simplifying matters. it's not just competition for "the best workers", there are other forces at play, including the economic crisis, and national's demands for more "job protection", i.e., "give jobs to citizens, rather than to foreigners".

someone mentioned "market forces" would result in all countries having similar immigration policies, I'd like to remind you that the very notion of "immigration policy", as we understand it today, is quite a recent invention. Indeed, passports only became what they are today in the 1980's. Before that, some countries had it, others didn't. In the 1900s, in Europe and in the New World (I don't know about Asia or Africa), you could pretty much move from one country to the other without anyone bothering you. That goes to IDs in general as well.

It is not uncommon that a family with foreign roots will have a hard time proving their origins, simply because there are no documents to prove that they originate from a different country.

Nevertheless, the immigration competition does exist. One of the reasons (not the only one, certainly) that pushed Canada to change its rules was that the process was so slow that people gave up and went elsewhere (of course, that's the people who could do so, not everybody).