+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document- Schengen Visa

emy22

Aug 6, 2024
Hi, I would appreciate if anyone has information on how to process a visa for France, I have a travel document and I didn't know that I had to process the visa and my trip is in the next few weeks.
Anyone who has traveled to France and can tell me about their experience traveling with Travel Document
thank you

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
Dear friends

I am planning to visit the Schengen Area using my Refugee Travel Document (RTD) no PR. I intend to enter Germany and visit several other countries as well. Although I understand that Germany and Italy do not require a visa for RTD holders, I will still need a Schengen visa to visit other Schengen countries.

Could you please confirm whether I can submit my Schengen visa application at the German Embassy in Ontario, or if I need to apply through the embassy of another country? Additionally, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with detailed information on the required documents and the process for applying for a Schengen visa.

Thank you for your assistance.

guybanza

Dec 16, 2021
As you do not need visa for Germany and Italy, you can apply for any other country and on your application package you need to add an explanation letter to tell the embassy how many days you'll stay in each countries...
You need 6 Months bank statement, 6 Months Pay stab, Company confirmation letter, Letter of explanation as i mentioned above , Hotel booking reservation, Travel itinerary , 2 photography, copy of travel document and of course you need to fill the application Form . Good luck

susanamatya

Jul 8, 2024
As you do not need visa for Germany and Italy, you can apply for any other country and on your application package you need to add an explanation letter to tell the embassy how many days you'll stay in each countries...
You need 6 Months bank statement, 6 Months Pay stab, Company confirmation letter, Letter of explanation as i mentioned above , Hotel booking reservation, Travel itinerary , 2 photography, copy of travel document and of course you need to fill the application Form . Good luck
Thank you for your prompt reply. I would appreciate further clarification on a couple of points:
1. What type of company confirmation letter is required? Is it a standard job letter, or is there a specific format that I should follow?
2. Do I need to purchase an insurance package as part of this process?
I look forward to your guidance on these matters.

guybanza

Dec 16, 2021
Hi there, yes, a standard job letter and of course travel insurance to cover your travel in the Schengen Area of the value of 30.000 euros or CAD 50.000 and i recommend you to buy AXA Insurance .
I think i answered all your questions.
Good luck .