+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claim for for deaf people and her daughter

NMSNP

Apr 2, 2017
Hi,
My sister is a deaf and in the process of divorce. She has been marginalized and going through so many mental torcher. Even though she get divorced, she will not be safe mentally due to her husband and family. She is going on depression day by day. She has a daughter who is a normal child. She wants to protect her daughter and herself from being torchered daily. Currently she is living temporarily with my mother who is old enough to protect and take care of her. I am in process to call my mother to canada but due to this problem I am stucked.

I am her brother and living in canada with my spouse.We both are PR. Since I cannot sponsor her, Can she and her daughter come to canada and claim as Refugee....Is there any way out where my sister and her daughter can immigrate to canada. Will there be any problem being myself PR holder in canada for claiming my sister as refugee...

My sister has passed Bachelor degree. she is good in sign language. But she is not safe in back home as there is no one to take care and protect her from the violence she is currently having. I fear if this continue, she might get depressed deeply and even commit suicide.

I need your serious help, how can i help my sister to come canada. Will it be good for her if she get chance to come canada and claim herself for rufugee for her daughter and herself.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanking you in advance

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
She can apply for a TRV and if it's approved, come to Canada as a visitor.

She can then apply for refugee status, but to be honest based on the situation you described there is practically zero chance a refugee app will be successful. Facing internal family issues and having mental/depression issues, is NOT what refugee process is meant for. Most likely outcome is refugee app would be denied and she will eventually be deported.

If she can come to Canada you could also try a H&C application for her, although this would also have a high chance of refusal. Of course it doesn't hurt to try.

If she can't get a TRV approved in the first place, then there is nothing that can be done.