+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee/asylum claimants 2024 timelines

maloney

Jul 10, 2024
Which poe is better to file at montreal or toronto also do u get your eligibility interview at the poe and do u have to fill tho boc at the poe without a lawyer i coming soon just double checking information

harman@5200

Jul 15, 2024
I have applied my refugee case in 3 june
Medical 13 june
After that my agent called few days said my case is approved and my wp is issued i don't have give any interview
Now i m worried
My passport is not seized didn't get any refugee papers
Please help in this matter

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
I have applied my refugee case in 3 june
Medical 13 june
After that my agent called few days said my case is approved and my wp is issued i don't have give any interview
Now i m worried
My passport is not seized didn't get any refugee papers
Please help in this matter
Did you receive a work permit because I don’t seems to understand why a work permit will be issued to you without you going for biometric. Work permit comes together with health card

amaniman

Jul 24, 2024
I got my Brown Paper and Work Permit same day

Here is my updated timelines

BOC and Claim submitted 4 March 2024
ACR on 7th March 2024
Medicals Passed 23 March 2024
Biometrics , Interview, Brown Paper ,Work Permit 16 May 2024

They didn't ask anything in the interview

I had also carried 2 passport photos and they never asked for them. They took me pics there

I went to Kitchener

All the best guys

Now road to PR
Hi you mean you're waiting for notice from IRB to appear for hearing ?

mick209

Aug 20, 2024
Can someone please advise as to what I should do next. here's my case details below.
I came in through the Peace Bridge boarder (Dec. 6 2023). Had an appointment already as my brother already lives here and got his citizenship years ago.
at the boarder, they took photos, finger prints, had me fill in paper work and gave me a physical BOC and and my Brown Paper amongst other things and told me to:
1. apply for legal aid
2. get a medical exam
3. apply for financial assistance with Ontario works
4. finish my BOC with my lawyer within 45 days of entering.

**I got my work permit 3 weeks after entering Canada - it was one of the things they had me sign up for at the boarder.

I did all of that and submitted my BOC on Feb 6th - more than 45 days I know but we asked for an extension due to a misunderstanding and it was approved.

on April 8th 2024 I got a call from my lawyer saying that we need additional documents - will list them below- in order for my application to be eligible for the "Less Complex Claim" request which means getting accepted without a hearing.
additional documents were submitted on April 26th.

I recently called IRCC and all they said is that my file is now not with them but with IRB. I called IRB and they won't tell me anything.

I can't get a hold of my lawyer - same reason why my BOC was delayed, can't count on him - and now I desperately need a travel document to go visit my dad in another country - not my home country - I don't know what to do or expect.

if anyone has any insight or advice or had any similarities with my caseplease let me know

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Can someone please advise as to what I should do next. here's my case details below.
I came in through the Peace Bridge boarder (Dec. 6 2023). Had an appointment already as my brother already lives here and got his citizenship years ago.
at the boarder, they took photos, finger prints, had me fill in paper work and gave me a physical BOC and and my Brown Paper amongst other things and told me to:
1. apply for legal aid
2. get a medical exam
3. apply for financial assistance with Ontario works
4. finish my BOC with my lawyer within 45 days of entering.

**I got my work permit 3 weeks after entering Canada - it was one of the things they had me sign up for at the boarder.

I did all of that and submitted my BOC on Feb 6th - more than 45 days I know but we asked for an extension due to a misunderstanding and it was approved.

on April 8th 2024 I got a call from my lawyer saying that we need additional documents - will list them below- in order for my application to be eligible for the "Less Complex Claim" request which means getting accepted without a hearing.
additional documents were submitted on April 26th.

I recently called IRCC and all they said is that my file is now not with them but with IRB. I called IRB and they won't tell me anything.

I can't get a hold of my lawyer - same reason why my BOC was delayed, can't count on him - and now I desperately need a travel document to go visit my dad in another country - not my home country - I don't know what to do or expect.

if anyone has any insight or advice or had any similarities with my caseplease let me know
What were the documents you have submitted? And I suggest you to change your lawyer, just fill a form that you don’t want to work with your lawyer and find another one. you had a really fast timeline, good luck on the rest of your process.

mick209

Aug 20, 2024
What were the documents you have submitted? And I suggest you to change your lawyer, just fill a form that you don’t want to work with your lawyer and find another one. you had a really fast timeline, good luck on the rest of your process.
The documents were:
- copy of passport
- birth certificate - translated to English
-expired residency permit from where I used to live (not my home country)
-termination letter from previous job
-letters of support from family members or friends in Sudan that correlates with my submitted narrative BOC
then it said 'any additional documents that would help, so I think these things are specific to my claim I don't know if they'll be the same for everyone.
p.s. I can't afford to change my lawyer because legal aid said the process would take weeks or months and I simply don't have the time as it really is an emergency that I have to travel for.

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
The documents were:
- copy of passport
- birth certificate - translated to English
-expired residency permit from where I used to live (not my home country)
-termination letter from previous job
-letters of support from family members or friends in Sudan that correlates with my submitted narrative BOC
then it said 'any additional documents that would help, so I think these things are specific to my claim I don't know if they'll be the same for everyone.
p.s. I can't afford to change my lawyer because legal aid said the process would take weeks or months and I simply don't have the time as it really is an emergency that I have to travel for.
Oh wow, your situation is really complicated, I am so sorry, but I don’t have any idea about what to do. I hope someone can give you a good advice here.

niagrafalse

Aug 16, 2024
claimed asylum at the airport on August 11, 2024
Biometric taken same day.
Passport Seized same day.
Medical Examination August 13, 2024
BOC is yet to submit.

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Did anyone receive any hearing date? Specially people who applied early this year (January-Feb- or december 2023)?