+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letters

justry007

Nov 22, 2014
Hi All,

Iam ready with all my application forms and documents , but I have not received the reference letter from my current employer. I have requested them the reference letter 1 month ago , but till now , there is no communication from them. I have tried to contact many times , but to no avail.

In this case , can anyone please advice me whether to proceed ahead with my CEC application by mentioning that I am unable to provide the reference letters as I have very less time now.

Thanks ,

PR.

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
justry007 said:
Hi All,

Iam ready with all my application forms and documents , but I have not received the reference letter from my current employer. I have requested them the reference letter 1 month ago , but till now , there is no communication from them. I have tried to contact many times , but to no avail.

In this case , can anyone please advice me whether to proceed ahead with my CEC application by mentioning that I am unable to provide the reference letters as I have very less time now.

Thanks ,

PR.
Reference letter is mandatory. But incase you cannot provide a reference letter from your company (Some employers do not provide these letters) all you can do is to provide alternate supporting documents. I submitted the following
1. Reference letter from some collegues of mine (in the same format as requested by CIC)
2. All my paystubs.
3. Work Permit copies that show my NOC code.
4. Copy of email from my HR manager rejecting my request to issue reference letter
5. Bank Statements (showing my salary credit)
6. T4 slips (I sent one along with the application and second one after I got it from CRA).
7. Cover letter explaining my situation on why I was not able to provide reference letter.

justry007

Nov 22, 2014
Thanks for your reply!!

I have a few doubts on this..

1)If I provide the reference letters from my colleagues , can they be provided on a white paper as company does not provide letter head or colleagues does not have Business card. ?

2) How many colleagues's letters would suffice ?

3) I have raised the request online in my company as there is no process of followups manually. Hence the HR manager or any other manager did not reply to my requests till now.. In this case how I shall prove that they have rejected my request for a reference letter?

Kindly help for the same.

Thanks ,

PR