+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration request after PR refusal

faujikid

Dec 16, 2021
Hi. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a final decision if reconsideration is approved. IRCC recently refused my PR application, but after filing for reconsideration, fortunately they have decided the reconsider.

Pls respond if someone has been in a similar situation. Thanks

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a final decision if reconsideration is approved. IRCC recently refused my PR application, but after filing for reconsideration, fortunately they have decided the reconsider.

Pls respond if someone has been in a similar situation. Thanks
Why they rejected, what documents were missing? Can you please tell.

Adamq

Jan 6, 2022
Hi everyone,

This is my first time to post to this group. To make the story short, here is my story
I have received ITA for the Canadian Experience Class on March 18, 2021, and I have submitted my application on April 20, 2021. On January 4, 2022, I received a refusal letter for my application, which I believe is a clear mistake. The decision was made because the immigration officer was not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that I have been offered continuous full-time employment for a period of at least one year from the date on which a permanent resident visa would be issued. Then, my foreign work experience letter was not included because the immigration officer was not satisfied on a balance of probabilities that I have been remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission for the declared foreign work experience.

Regarding the job offer for work after becoming a permanent resident in Canada. I provided the job offer with my application, and I am still working full time since April 2020. I still have the job offer as well for a continuous full-time employment for two years from the date on which I receives the permanent resident visa. The immigration officer did not believe that I have one, because the the following sentence was not included in the letter " a continuous full-time employment for two years from the date on which I receives the permanent resident visa". So, I contacted my employer again and asked for a more detailed job offer to meet the requirement needed instead of the one that I provided.

Regarding the foreign work experience, I have provided the work experience letter in my application. The issue here is the difference in understanding, back home a full-time job is a continuous full-time job and have salary and benefits, but they don’t write that in the experience letter. It’s just written as full time job with duties. So, I have contacted my previous employer again and they added this information in the work experience letter and sent it back to me by email.

My question:

I could have proven this information if someone got in touch with me. In March 2021 I have also received nomination for AINP based on the same documents and they validated my foreign work experience and job offer, but I declined the invitation because I wanted to be considered for the Canadian Experience Class. Now I lost the AINP and the Canadian Experience Class due to a mistake, which I did not make. Is it worth it to ask for a reconsideration, and what are the expectation?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

This is my first time to post to this group. To make the story short, here is my story
I have received ITA for the Canadian Experience Class on March 18, 2021, and I have submitted my application on April 20, 2021. On January 4, 2022, I received a refusal letter for my application, which I believe is a clear mistake. The decision was made because the immigration officer was not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that I have been offered continuous full-time employment for a period of at least one year from the date on which a permanent resident visa would be issued. Then, my foreign work experience letter was not included because the immigration officer was not satisfied on a balance of probabilities that I have been remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission for the declared foreign work experience.

Regarding the job offer for work after becoming a permanent resident in Canada. I provided the job offer with my application, and I am still working full time since April 2020. I still have the job offer as well for a continuous full-time employment for two years from the date on which I receives the permanent resident visa. The immigration officer did not believe that I have one, because the the following sentence was not included in the letter " a continuous full-time employment for two years from the date on which I receives the permanent resident visa". So, I contacted my employer again and asked for a more detailed job offer to meet the requirement needed instead of the one that I provided.

Regarding the foreign work experience, I have provided the work experience letter in my application. The issue here is the difference in understanding, back home a full-time job is a continuous full-time job and have salary and benefits, but they don’t write that in the experience letter. It’s just written as full time job with duties. So, I have contacted my previous employer again and they added this information in the work experience letter and sent it back to me by email.

My question:

I could have proven this information if someone got in touch with me. In March 2021 I have also received nomination for AINP based on the same documents and they validated my foreign work experience and job offer, but I declined the invitation because I wanted to be considered for the Canadian Experience Class. Now I lost the AINP and the Canadian Experience Class due to a mistake, which I did not make. Is it worth it to ask for a reconsideration, and what are the expectation?
Go for reconsideration. Get a lawyer man who will help yo with the docs. And dont worry much, CEC draws are just around the corner.

Reactions: Adamq

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi everyone,

My question:

I'll suggest you seek reconsideration and state all these concerns perhaps the officer can have a change of mind. best of luck!

Reactions: Adamq

Adamq

Jan 6, 2022
Go for reconsideration. Get a lawyer man who will help yo with the docs. And dont worry much, CEC draws are just around the corner.
I will do that, thanks a lot. In order to apply again I will need to redo the ielts and the medical exam. Basically I will have to start from scratch which is depressing.

Adamq

Jan 6, 2022
What the lawyer for ? you mean a consultant to help prepare the required documents for reconsideration or to apply again? I don't think that there will be a CEC soon. I know that I will have to do the IELTS and the medical exam again because they are expiring soon.