+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received RQ for PR or Citizenship?

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

My mother applied for a PR card renewal in May 2014, started processing in August 2014 and no news until now. Then she applied for Citizenship in October 2014, received AOR in February 2015.

However, today she received a RQ. I want to know if it's for the PR card renewal or citizenship? Also, what's the time estimates for each case?

As for me, I applied for a PR card renewal in May 2014, started processing in September 2014 and no news until now. Then I applied for Citizenship in October 2014, received AOR in January 2015 and no updates. (Same case and timeline for my brother)

We all live in Montreal. What would happen to our PR card renewal applications since we applied for Citizenship almost at the same time? Would CIC focus on just one of them? Or both? Would they start processing Citizenship even if they didn't finish processing the PR card renewal?

I really appreciate if you guys could help me by answering my questions. It seems our case is a bit different than most.

Thank you, Joe

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jmak said:
Hello everyone,

My mother applied for a PR card renewal in May 2014, started processing in August 2014 and no news until now. Then she applied for Citizenship in October 2014, received AOR in February 2015.

However, today she received a RQ. I want to know if it's for the PR card renewal or citizenship? Also, what's the time estimates for each case?

As for me, I applied for a PR card renewal in May 2014, started processing in September 2014 and no news until now. Then I applied for Citizenship in October 2014, received AOR in January 2015 and no updates. (Same case and timeline for my brother)

We all live in Montreal. What would happen to our PR card renewal applications since we applied for Citizenship almost at the same time? Would CIC focus on just one of them? Or both? Would they start processing Citizenship even if they didn't finish processing the PR card renewal?

I really appreciate if you guys could help me by answering my questions. It seems our case is a bit different than most.

Thank you, Joe
Basically RQ is for citizenship it doesnt apply for PR renewal or application. In the website it says that you need to renew your PR 6 months bfore expiration. In your case it is passed 6 months so you have to call and ask what happened . You will still need your PR until you got your citizenship. PR and Citizenship are 2 different application it doesn't affect any of them.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hoping_canadian said:
Basically RQ is for citizenship it doesnt apply for PR renewal or application. In the website it says that you need to renew your PR 6 months bfore expiration. In your case it is passed 6 months so you have to call and ask what happened . You will still need your PR until you got your citizenship. PR and Citizenship are 2 different application it doesn't affect any of them.
I read somewhere that RQ can also be for PR applications too

Here is one of the links:

http://www.immigroup.com/news/top-4-signs-you-are-getting-residence-questionnaire-after-you-have-submitted-your-pr-card

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I read somewhere that RQ can also be for PR applications too

Here is one of the links:

http://www.immigroup.com/news/top-4-signs-you-are-getting-residence-questionnaire-after-you-have-submitted-your-pr-card
but if you look at the paper it say 'this refer to your application for Canadian Citizenship....."

If this is correct, then first time I ever heard RQ for PR Renewal

I think they call it Permanent Residence Determination Questionnaire and not Residence Questionnaire

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
hoping_canadian said:
but if you look at the paper it say 'this refer to your application for Canadian Citizenship....."

If this is correct, then first time I ever heard RQ for PR Renewal

I think they call it Permanent Residence Determination Questionnaire and not Residence Questionnaire
Yes you may be right.

Here is the link:

http://www.khorshid.ca/fr/images/stories/1/IMM_5511.PDF

I think RQ is for citizenship however jmak should call CIC call centre to confirm the details.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Yes you may be right.

Here is the link:

http://www.khorshid.ca/fr/images/stories/1/IMM_5511.PDF

I think RQ is for citizenship however jmak should call CIC call centre to confirm the details.
Yeah he should call them but for sure if he read the covering of the paper he will know if this is related to PR or Citizenship,

Me I passed my documents November and after 3 months i got the RQ

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

It's not the same form as the link you provided. But my mother's Citizenship application status went from received to in process. Also in the form they talk about a citizenship judge and the 1095 days. So I am assuming this RQ is for the Citizenship and not PR.

In that case, what happens to the PR? Does CIC continue to work on it? It's been in process since August 2014 and we haven't received any updates concerning that. CIC tells us that they sent our file to a local office for further investigation.

What are the time estimates for Citizenship applicant that receive a RQ these days?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
jmak said:
Hello,

It's not the same form as the link you provided. But my mother's Citizenship application status went from received to in process. Also in the form they talk about a citizenship judge and the 1095 days. So I am assuming this RQ is for the Citizenship and not PR.

In that case, what happens to the PR? Does CIC continue to work on it? It's been in process since August 2014 and we haven't received any updates concerning that. CIC tells us that they sent our file to a local office for further investigation.

What are the time estimates for Citizenship applicant that receive a RQ these days?
When your mother is checking online application status, there is only the link to citizenship application, or is the link to PR renewal as well?

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's a link to both. They already sent her file to the local office.

My brother and I applied a month earlier, received AOR in January but no updates so far.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
jmak said:
There's a link to both. They already sent her file to the local office.

My brother and I applied a month earlier, received AOR in January but no updates so far.
I'm asking about the link to PR renewal; what does it say there?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jmak said:
Hello,

Please use your mother's pr card number to login to ecas to check her pr renewal application information.

jmak

Jun 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Please use your mother's pr card number to login to ecas to check her pr renewal application information.
Already did, it' says still in process since August 2014