+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PPR on 24 Dec, what should I do with BOWP app. on 30 Nov, Please help

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have received PPR on 24 dec, but my work permit finished on 12 dec so I applied BOWP on 30 November, i am on implied status, Now what should i do,

1) Should i Cancel my BOWP Now ?
2) OR Should i wait for COPR and passport then cancel BOWP?
3) wait till landing then cancel BOWP?

and if i cancel they will return money for BOWP as now the processing might have not started.

Please share your thoughts on this. Really appreciated.

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhdeep1234 said:
Anyone please?
If you withdraw it takes time to withdraw.
But if you do withdrew it won't matter because you got your ppr

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi1989 said:
If you withdraw it takes time to withdraw.
But if you do withdrew it won't matter because you got your ppr
Thanks for your input but Still i don't have any actual paper work were it says i am permanent residence. The email which we receive says in order to complete your PR we required passport, so i believe i should wait till COPR or Landing , only worse part would be i will lose money $550.

let's see if somebody else can provide more information on this. There could be more like me who wants answer.

Oct 23, 2015
sukhdeep1234 said:
Thanks for your input but Still i don't have any actual paper work were it says i am permanent residence. The email which we receive says in order to complete your PR we required passport, so i believe i should wait till COPR or Landing , only worse part would be i will lose money $550.

let's see if somebody else can provide more information on this. There could be more like me who wants answer.
Sukhdeep,

I was just a little hesitant about cancelling my BOWP because, after all, the process is not complete yet and something may still go wrong, right?

I talked to a CIC call center representative and she said that they cannot cancel it because I have not received my passport back yet and have not completed the landing process.

Your status in Canada does not change until you do the landing. So wait for your passport to be back and then complete landing. You can then cancel the application.
Its just a matter of couple weeks and will not affect anything.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to wait till you land. If you cancel before that you then have no status in Canada.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhdeep1234 said:
Hello,

I have received PPR on 24 dec, but my work permit finished on 12 dec so I applied BOWP on 30 November, i am on implied status, Now what should i do,

1) Should i Cancel my BOWP Now ?
2) OR Should i wait for COPR and passport then cancel BOWP?
3) wait till landing then cancel BOWP?

and if i cancel they will return money for BOWP as now the processing might have not started.

Please share your thoughts on this. Really appreciated.
Once you completely landing procedure. Cic will withdraw automatically, it take about 2-3 weeks.

Congratulation.

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quote from: canadavisa1525 on December 29, 2015, 03:31:30 pm
Sukhdeep,

I was just a little hesitant about cancelling my BOWP because, after all, the process is not complete yet and something may still go wrong, right?

I talked to a CIC call center representative and she said that they cannot cancel it because I have not received my passport back yet and have not completed the landing process.

Your status in Canada does not change until you do the landing. So wait for your passport to be back and then complete landing. You can then cancel the application.
Its just a matter of couple weeks and will not affect anything.

Thanks Canadavisa I will wait-

Quote from: purplesnow on December 29, 2015, 03:37:56 pm
You have to wait till you land. If you cancel before that you then have no status in Canada.

Thanks purplesnow better wait then no status i will have take the copy of Bowp appiled online to flagpole that means.

Quote from: Meya06 on December 29, 2015, 03:42:20 pm
Once you completely landing procedure. Cic will withdraw automatically, it take about 2-3 weeks.

Congratulation.
Thanks Meya ,as per i was thinking i have to raise CSE to cancel BOWP , i don't think they will cancel automatically. later might they charge fees for processing if i leave on them.