+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport request for PR application while traveling

Oct 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on my situation.

I received my passport request for my PR application and right now I am traveling in the US, but will be leaving for another country soon. I tried to submit the documents today at VFS New York but they told me I needed to prepare a paid international shipping envelope addressed my home country. I went to the post office and DHL, they told me I need to know what will be sent so they can declare for the customs and calculate the price. But the problem is, I don't know if they will actually need to send me anything, or if they do, what they will send, as I only need to provide a photocopy of my passport, not the original. But they can't seem to be able to proceed without that paid envelope.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? What did you end up doing?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received my passport request for my PR application and right now I am traveling in the US, but will be leaving for another country soon.
I would submit in that other country, assuming you will be there for 2-4 weeks. Or at least where you can reliably have the documents sent to you and where you can either pick them up or have them sent on to you.

You will just confuse them by asking to have the documents sent on to some address outside the 'working area' of the VFS office in question. It's perhaps possible but in my view (guess really), not worth the risk or hassle.