+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport and picture Back but no COPR

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hello Everyone

I have the same situation as you do. I have contacted IRCC few times and most of them have no clue but once, ircc representative told me the issue arise from the discrepancy that my file (i am sponsoring) is outside of Canada but my mom is in Canada and they do not know what to do yet with these type of cases.
The people whose files are in Canada and they are in Canada themselves receive a virtual COPR.
The people whose files are outside of Canada and they are outside of Canada themselves receive immigration visa (if applicable) and paper COPR.

However, they have some issues with people whose files are outside of Canada but they are in Canada.

Reactions: joy857

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
Hello Everyone

I have the same situation as you do. I have contacted IRCC few times and most of them have no clue but once, ircc representative told me the issue arise from the discrepancy that my file (i am sponsoring) is outside of Canada but my mom is in Canada and they do not know what to do yet with these type of cases.
The people whose files are in Canada and they are in Canada themselves receive a virtual COPR.
The people whose files are outside of Canada and they are outside of Canada themselves receive immigration visa (if applicable) and paper COPR.

However, they have some issues with people whose files are outside of Canada but they are in Canada.
That seems the same issue as I have. My file was outside of Canada. IRCC Canada keeps telling me to go back to the overseas office where my file is located at. But the overseas IRCC office told me "IRCC will contact you regarding the next steps in the process."
So how to solve the problem? Does your mom consider to go back to your home country?

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
That seems the same issue as I have. My file was outside of Canada. IRCC Canada keeps telling me to go back to the overseas office where my file is located at. But the overseas IRCC office told me "IRCC will contact you regarding the next steps in the process."
So how to solve the problem? Does your mom consider to go back to your home country?
We do not want to.

One of the solution that the agent told me they could request the file back to Canada or as far as I am concerned If they open a border with US that will be the best

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
We do not want to.

One of the solution that the agent told me they could request the file back to Canada or as far as I am concerned If they open a border with US that will be the best
Why do you think the travel ban with the US being lifted will help on solving the problem?

Kiara02

Star Member
Jan 14, 2020
Hello Everyone

On Monday, I’ve updated my spouse’s country of residence - changed from Canada to USA and I’m the primary applicant residing in the US. Per GCMS notes everything is passed and we find a group saying ‘ Applications impacted by CoronaVirus2020’ - I believe that’s the Covid pace group that some are mentioning on this forum.
If the IRCC agent was mentioning facts, hoping I get some positive response on my application since we are both in the US now.

Last edited:

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
On Monday, I’ve updated my spouse’s country of residence - changed from Canada to USA and I’m the primary applicant residing in the US. Per GCMS notes everything is passed and we find a group saying ‘ Applications impacted by CoronaVirus2020’ - I believe that’s the Covid pace group that some are mentioning on this forum.
If the IRCC agent was mentioning facts, hoping I get some positive response on my application since we are both in the US now.
Let us know how it will go, wanna know if this theory is correct

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Let us know how it will go, wanna know if this theory is correct
I do not assume that there is big deal to solve this issue, as before it was possible to do landing by appointment inside Canada, later it was changed to virtual landing. But still they can mail COPR and do virtual landing.

splummer

Aug 18, 2020
Of course they can but my problem is CBSA did not communicate with IRCC that my family came here, tell me about check and balances

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
I called to IRCC and the agent advised that now there are 2 options that may happen" 1. to receive passport with COPR and do landing or 2. to receive passport with COPR that no landing needed and you are PR. Passport received on July 27, but they did not start to work on my file yet.

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
I called to IRCC and the agent advised that now there are 2 options that may happen" 1. to receive passport with COPR and do landing or 2. to receive passport with COPR that no landing needed and you are PR. Passport received on July 27, but they did not start to work on my file yet.
I did 2.
no landing needed, and we got a pdf file says we are PR and that pdf are actually not a "formal CORP" - it has a record number of the COPR.
we are waiting for PR printed since early of June and the average processing time is about 126 days by now.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
I did 2.
no landing needed, and we got a pdf file says we are PR and that pdf are actually not a "formal CORP" - it has a record number of the COPR.
we are waiting for PR printed since early of June and the average processing time is about 126 days by now.
Was your case at outside Canada visa office and did you receive passport request, which was sent to Ottawa after June?

Last edited: