+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received file number B********* but can't access e-CAS with it?

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
I received my file number and have tried logging into the e-cas site, but i can't get in.

When do you normally get access to it?

Thanks.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
other than the file number, you need to enter your surname, date of birth and country of citizenship to be able to check your record in e-cas.

also, the file number must be enter without space (i.e. B123456789)

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Make sure you select "Immigration File Number" from the drop down menu in "Identification Type" and then enter your information correctly. If you make one mistake then it will give you errors.

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
I am also having same problem since I got my AOR in July. I tried many times. I think they are not updating the files properly.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You enter your country of birth not citizenship. It is not necessarily the same.
Slow internet connections do cause problems

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
Iam entering everything right and internet is DSL. But I am still having problems. I heard a lot of people had same problems in the past. Even some who got their PR still cudn't see their status online. Anyway, let's hope everything is going right..

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
Thanks for the replies.

I have been entering all the other information.

I'll give it a week or so and if I still can't get in, I'll contact them to find out what the problem is.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Also try using IE explorer instead of Mozilla, sometimes things happens in the background which gives you errors.

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
IE doesn't work either.

perhaps they aren't actually processing my application yet. I think I remember reading that it won't be active unless it is being processed.

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
Thought I would let people know what the problem was.

They entered my name onto their system incorrectly. I checked the letter that they had sent me, and I noticed they had put an "L" instead of an "I"

ghiaskhan

dbx, Please write to the concerned cic office and request them for a change now.It should not be difficult process for them to make corrections in their records. Your correct name can be verified from your educational documents, birth certificate, passport etc provided by you.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
dbx said:
Thanks for the replies.

I have been entering all the other information.

I'll give it a week or so and if I still can't get in, I'll contact them to find out what the problem is.
for those who hav problems other than name/details error the site gets updates every tuesday, if you recieve file number b4 that try accessing it after tuesday.

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
ghiaskhan said:
dbx, Please write to the concerned cic office and request them for a change now.It should not be difficult process for them to make corrections in their records. Your correct name can be verified from your educational documents, birth certificate, passport etc provided by you.
I used the contact form on the web site to inform them of the mistake. They don't have my passport etc at the moment, but if they check my application again, they will see the correct spelling.