+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received express entry ITA before completing 2 years of experience

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
Hi All,

I received an ITA today to apply for my PR under express entry (CEC). I'm currently confused as to how i got the ITA when i still don't have enough points to apply.

My work history is as follows:

1. Feb 25th, 2019 - Dec 4th, 2019
2. Jan 22nd, 2020 - Present

With 1 year of experience, i have 448 points which is not enough to apply based on the most recent draw (461 Jan 7th, 2021). But upon checking my IRCC account, i see that the points got updated to 473 which means its been calculated as 2 years of experience but i haven't completed the full 2 years of experience yet.

Do i proceed with accepting the invitation or decline?

Appreciate everyone's help. Thank you!

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
If the information you submitted is incorrect and this information has a direct effect on the application outcome, this is regarded as misrepresentation, which will render you banned for the next 5 years. Therefore, it is very necessary for you to confirm you really get the score.

As to your situation, I do not understand how you got 2 years of experience in the system (which is 52 weeks per year with at least 30 hours every week. Paid holidays are OK). If your start date is Feb 25th, 2019 , then at least you have to wait till Feb 25th, 2021, even if you do not have gaps.

Let's wait for other experts in the forum to tell us more.

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
If the information you submitted is incorrect and this information has a direct effect on the application outcome, this is regarded as misrepresentation, which will render you banned for the next 5 years. Therefore, it is very necessary for you to confirm you really get the score.

As to your situation, I do not understand how you got 2 years of experience in the system (which is 52 weeks per year with at least 30 hours every week. Paid holidays are OK). If your start date is Feb 25th, 2019 , then at least you have to wait till Feb 25th, 2021, even if you do not have gaps.

Let's wait for other experts in the forum to tell us more.
Appreciate your feedback on this.

The reason the system shows 2 years of experience is because it only asks for the month and year of your work history. Feb 2019-Dec 2019 is 11 months, and Jan 2020-Jan 2021 is 13 months therefore the total is 24 months = 2 years.

Hope that helps. Thank you!

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018

The reason the system shows 2 years of experience is because it only asks for the month and year of your work history. Feb 2019-Dec 2019 is 11 months, and Jan 2020-Jan 2021 is 13 months therefore the total is 24 months = 2 years.

Great, please make very sure before you go. Best luck!

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
Great, please make very sure before you go. Best luck!
Thank you! However, I am still not sure on how to proceed. If we look at months only then its 24 months= 2 years of experience. But if we look at days and months then i still don't have 2 years of experience.

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
Thank you! However, I am still not sure on how to proceed. If we look at months only then its 24 months= 2 years of experience. But if we look at days and months then i still don't have 2 years of experience.
Therefore I suggested you wait and see how other experts in this forum say.
Never rush.

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Exact same situation here as you buddy.

437 (1 y/o of work experience) - > 462 (2 y/o of work experience)

I am 2-3 months away from 462. How about you?

I am considering whether to hold onto the ITA I received today and then submit my application right before 90-day ITA period ends or reject and hope there will be more CEC-only draws in the near future. PGWP expiring by the end of this year.

Just recently I called IRCC and was told it's up to the officer's discretion to decide, if I wait a few days to get 462 and apply it's OK.. however waiting 2-3 months to claim 2 years and then applying could be a different story.

I remember online somewhere it was saying that work experience is checked again by the officer by the time you submit your documents (not date of ITA) and if you submit LOE - you should be good.. conflicting opinions here..

someone with a similar story..?

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I have seen this topic being discussed in this forum a lot and from I have learnt, it is a tricky one. To stay safe, keep the ITA and apply when you are eligible i.e. completion of 2 years. That would save you from mis representation while ensuring you still have an ITA. Waiting could mean a while sometimes for the score to fall from 468(last all program draw) to 461.

BTW I am in the same boat as you. My 1 year exp. Completes in Feb end while I have already been awarded points. But I missed the ITA becoz I created my profile last evening whereas the draw happened at 9 AM. Do share what you decide to do.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
For all who has concerns on whether should accept such ITA: this question has been discussed for years on this forum and I would like to take some summary together with my own experience.

1. If you are sure about the information you submitted to the EE profile, this is due to the system issue that it only counts months instead of accurate days when calculating work experience.

2. For those who have already gained > 1 year Canadian work experience when receiving ITA (e.g. 1yr 11 months, 2 yr 11 months), you can wait until your next work anniverssary (e.g. 1 yr 11 month -> 2 yr) and submit your full application. I tried this way and my eligibility result is met after reviewing my work experience. Note that the file lock day is the day you submit your full application.

3. For those who are having < 1 year experience when receiving ITA: unfortunately you HAVE TO DECLINE this ITA. The reason is simple: IRCC A11.2 clearly state that the minimum eligibility requirement (MEC) should be met on both date of ITA and AOR (full application submission). Since the MEC of CEC is 1 year work experience, you are not meeting MEC upon ITA thus you have to decline and wait for the next few rounds.

mohd97x

Jan 8, 2021
Exact same situation here as you buddy.

437 (1 y/o of work experience) - > 462 (2 y/o of work experience)

I am 2-3 months away from 462. How about you?

I am considering whether to hold onto the ITA I received today and then submit my application right before 90-day ITA period ends or reject and hope there will be more CEC-only draws in the near future. PGWP expiring by the end of this year.

Just recently I called IRCC and was told it's up to the officer's discretion to decide, if I wait a few days to get 462 and apply it's OK.. however waiting 2-3 months to claim 2 years and then applying could be a different story.

I remember online somewhere it was saying that work experience is checked again by the officer by the time you submit your documents (not date of ITA) and if you submit LOE - you should be good.. conflicting opinions here..

someone with a similar story..?
Im 3 months and a few days away from having the full 2 years of experience. But again the system shows i already have 2 years (473) because it only counts months.

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Im 3 months and a few days away from having the full 2 years of experience. But again the system shows i already have 2 years (473) because it only counts months.
Oh I see.. so sounds like you won’t be able to complete 2 years of experience even if you wait until the last day to apply (90 day period for ITA).. I would decline if I were you

natash

Oct 20, 2021

Hi Mohd97x i have the similar situation i have 2 years 10 months experience and got ITA for 2 years what have you done have u accepted or declined the ITA even if i wait till last day of ITA submission it wont make 2 years but its an ongoing job

Please advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Mohd97x i have the similar situation i have 2 years 10 months experience and got ITA for 2 years what have you done have u accepted or declined the ITA even if i wait till last day of ITA submission it wont make 2 years but its an ongoing job

Please advise
You need to have the full two years of work experience at the time you submit the full application. If you don't have the full 2 years by then, decline the invitation and wait for a new one.

rohan seth

May 16, 2014
For all who has concerns on whether should accept such ITA: this question has been discussed for years on this forum and I would like to take some summary together with my own experience.

1. If you are sure about the information you submitted to the EE profile, this is due to the system issue that it only counts months instead of accurate days when calculating work experience.

2. For those who have already gained > 1 year Canadian work experience when receiving ITA (e.g. 1yr 11 months, 2 yr 11 months), you can wait until your next work anniverssary (e.g. 1 yr 11 month -> 2 yr) and submit your full application. I tried this way and my eligibility result is met after reviewing my work experience. Note that the file lock day is the day you submit your full application.

3. For those who are having < 1 year experience when receiving ITA: unfortunately you HAVE TO DECLINE this ITA. The reason is simple: IRCC A11.2 clearly state that the minimum eligibility requirement (MEC) should be met on both date of ITA and AOR (full application submission). Since the MEC of CEC is 1 year work experience, you are not meeting MEC upon ITA thus you have to decline and wait for the next few rounds.
is this true. i submitted my application with 2 years experience. however i got ita 6 days before my experience.

Reactions: Miracle2018

rohan seth

May 16, 2014

Please advise
did u submit?