+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received BVL but No PPR yet

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
how long did it take for background check to be completed for your son and for you, too?
I am not sure about me as I was not tracking my application through tracker but it must be quick as the whole application took 2 weeks. I went for biometric on 14th March and they got update in the portal in a day or two and received BVL and PPR on 31 March 2023.
For my son, it must have took 3 to 4 days at max as I was told on 16th May that the medical was passed on 15th May and received BVL on 19th May. Made a tracker account the same day and it was showing only the background is in progress but tracker last update was only 16th May 2023. Tracker got updated on 22nd and shows that on 19th background was also completed and it started showing the study permit details. It seems Abu Dhabi VO is crowded for passport stamping or there might be some other reason that they have not issued the PPR yet.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
I am not sure about me as I was not tracking my application through tracker but it must be quick as the whole application took 2 weeks. I went for biometric on 14th March and they got update in the portal in a day or two and received BVL and PPR on 31 March 2023.
For my son, it must have took 3 to 4 days at max as I was told on 16th May that the medical was passed on 15th May and received BVL on 19th May. Made a tracker account the same day and it was showing only the background is in progress but tracker last update was only 16th May 2023. Tracker got updated on 22nd and shows that on 19th background was also completed and it started showing the study permit details. It seems Abu Dhabi VO is crowded for passport stamping or there might be some other reason that they have not issued the PPR yet.
That could be the reason I mean summer holidays are around the corner. But it does not make sense to update visa issiuance number on tracker and then ask for ppr a bit late. why not do it at the same time. I guess you were lucky to apply for a visitor visa when there was no real rush

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
That could be the reason I mean summer holidays are around the corner. But it does not make sense to update visa issiuance number on tracker and then ask for ppr a bit late. why not do it at the same time. I guess you were lucky to apply for a visitor visa when there was no real rush
yes it does not make sense at all. I wasn't expecting this as the visit visa for both me and my wife was fast and we both received BVL and PPR together. Not sure what is up this time. Timeline for my son is still fast but now stuck and waiting for PPR.

Or may be the application requires review from some visa officer before issuing PPR.

Reactions: tommy_2k23

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
yes it does not make sense at all. I wasn't expecting this as the visit visa for both me and my wife was fast and we both received BVL and PPR together. Not sure what is up this time. Timeline for my son is still fast but now stuck and waiting for PPR.

Or may be the application requires review from some visa officer before issuing PPR.
it is very hapazard , totally not making sense. The only logical reason I can think of, if classes are not starting immediately and they do not want students to arrive early and don't get questioned uneccessarily by immigration officers at the airport. Again it is pure specualtion on my part. There is nothing much you can do apart from waiting. It looks strange though

Reactions: saad.mehmood

Nahra

May 23, 2023
I have received bvl on 19th may.visa document number updated on application tracker. Still i dont get any ppr request. I have raised webform 26th may with screen shot and today i raised another one.. Can anybody tell me whats the reason, please.. I applied from Poland..
Hello when did you applied,I have been waiting for more than two months for my PPR from Warsaw office but no response.