+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Before now, i had the impression that pof can be either be in the Principal Applicant's name or the spouse's name but, someone corrected me saying for EE, pof MUST be in the principal applicant's name and sited the below link as his proof

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

I will like for anyone who has gotten ITA and submitted documents but whose pof is his/her spouse's name and was successful or rejected to comment on this so i can be sure that one can't use a pof that is in spouse's name. If this is so, how can one go about presenting pof in his/her name when the money is actually that of the spouse an your proof of employment may show that what you are earning may not have helped you make the required amount for pof, as you are planning to use spouse's own before now instead. Thank you

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simonawo said:
Before now, i had the impression that pof can be either be in the Principal Applicant's name or the spouse's name but, someone corrected me saying for EE, pof MUST be in the principal applicant's name and sited the below link as his proof

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

I will like for anyone who has gotten ITA and submitted documents but whose pof is his/her spouse's name and was successful or rejected to comment on this so i can be sure that one can't use a pof that is in spouse's name. If this is so, how can one go about presenting pof in his/her name when the money is actually that of the spouse an your proof of employment may show that what you are earning may not have helped you make the required amount for pof, as you are planning to use spouse's own before now instead. Thank you
Have you already applied?

If not, I would suggest having the money transferred to your name and a letter form your spouse that the money is a gift to you.

Destiny07

Jul 28, 2015
Submitted application on 20th July and received rejection email on 22nd July. (super fast rejection)
Reason for Rejection - Missing PCC for Spouse. I am shocked as I uploaded both the PCCs (me and my spouse)
Any thoughts please.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Destiny07 said:
Submitted application on 20th July and received rejection email on 22nd July. (super fast rejection)
Reason for Rejection - Missing PCC for Spouse. I am shocked as I uploaded both the PCCs (me and my spouse)
Any thoughts please.
Did you upload them as a single document?

Did you need to translate them? If yes, did you upload both the translated and original?

Destiny07

Jul 28, 2015
Thank you for the reply sam_172452
I uploaded both PCCs separately.
And these were issued in English by the Passport Office.
What could be the reason for rejection? System bug may be

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
So just to confirm PCCs need to be loaded as one document?

For that matter in each upload field we have to load only one document right. Is there any upload field where multiple documents can be uploaded separately?

With the recent IT issues though i wouldn't be surprised if a document goes missing by itself.

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Destiny07 said:
Thank you for the reply sam_172452
I uploaded both PCCs separately.
And these were issued in English by the Passport Office.
What could be the reason for rejection? System bug may be
Just to clarify were there two sections to upload the PCC? One section for yourself and one section for your spouse?

What date were they issued? Are they of the country you both reside in now? Has your spouse ever resided (more than six months) anywhere else for the past 10 years?

Also, you can check the submitted application to see if the attachment has been uploaded or not.

Destiny07

Jul 28, 2015
The document checklist had two sections - One for PA and other for spouse. I uploaded PCC for spouse under the respective section.

Destiny07

Jul 28, 2015
I uploaded two PCCs under my section as I was in Canada for more than 6 months on Student VISA.
My spouse has no travel history at all.
And both PCCs were issued just 3 days before we submitted the application

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
Destiny07 said:
I uploaded two PCCs under my section as I was in Canada for more than 6 months on Student VISA.
U are supposed to upload 3 PCC. Two for you and one for your wife.
For you: 1 Home country and 1 Canada
Your wife: 1 for home country

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Destiny07 said:
Take a screenshot of where it shows in your application that the uploads were successful.

After that send the screenshot and all PPCs as a CSE . Hopefully, they will reopen your application.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
this is what you can do ,..

1) Login into MyCIC , go to submitted application ->click on continue ->it will take you to submitted document page , Here check if you can see the PCC doc name under respective sections.

2) If you can find all the document as you submitted, take a screen-shot and submit a CSE with the PCC for spouse (just in case). Requesting them to re-look the application.

3) Submit a separate EE profile ( just as a back up)

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Ordinary said:
U are supposed to upload 3 PCC. Two for you and one for your wife.
For you: 1 Home country and 1 Canada
Your wife: 1 for home country
Only if they ask for it later, but not upon application.