+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

sand02

Jul 13, 2015
ranjk89 said:
Of course buddy, that's the least I can do. Do keep us all posted about your progress. Now I am worried about rejection, my PGWP is expires in August, I have applied for BOWP hopefully something works out.

If you don't mind can you share your time line with us, so it will be easy for everyone else to follow. Thanks :)
Jan 19: EE PROFILE
Jan 31: ITA
Feb 23: Application submitted
July 01: Medicals passed and background check in progress
July 13: application rejected

sand02

Jul 13, 2015
dragon17Sky said:
Hi Sand02, I hope you get it reopened soon, just get an updated offer letter from your employer and submit it as soon as you can.

Good luck,
Did your employer got an LMO audit, are you aware of this?
Thanks buddy.
I will request CSE today or tomorrow with a new offer letter.
How long will it take to get LMO audit done?

John155

Jan 6, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

I submitted my application on June 1 (CEC with LMIA which will be expired in December 2015).
So far no update, except Eligibility and B/G are in progress also still medical in progress.

I have doubt regarding in submitted my employment offer letter which is not mentioned about permanent or full time status because which was issued in 2013 as 2 years contract period. So I have requested my employer to provide the new offer letter which they denied and issued the employment reference letter which is stating as full time and permanent (We missed to mention about seasonal or Non-seasonal). (Both were submitted)

Could you please guide me should it fine or will be an issue? If an issue how could I fix this?

Thanks and appreciated for your guidance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John155 said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

I submitted my application on June 1 (CEC with LMIA which will be expired in December 2015).
So far no update, except Eligibility and B/G are in progress also still medical in progress.

I have doubt regarding in submitted my employment offer letter which is not mentioned about permanent or full time status because which was issued in 2013 as 2 years contract period. So I have requested my employer to provide the new offer letter which they denied and issued the employment reference letter which is stating as full time and permanent (We missed to mention about seasonal or Non-seasonal). (Both were submitted)

Could you please guide me should it fine or will be an issue? If an issue how could I fix this?

Thanks and appreciated for your guidance.
Will be an issue if you got an ITA basis LMIA points.

Send in the revised job offer letter via a CSE asap, regret/apologize for not submitting this earlier and request them to use this latest offer letter instead of what was provided already.

If you got an ITA without those 600 points, no reason to worry now.

John155

Jan 6, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Will be an issue if you got an ITA basis LMIA points.

Send in the revised job offer letter via a CSE asap, regret/apologize for not submitting this earlier and request them to use this latest offer letter instead of what was provided already.

If you got an ITA without those 600 points, no reason to worry now.
Thanks a lot Asivad., I got 600 points with LMIA.
I will try to submit ASAP.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John155 said:
Thanks a lot Asivad., I got 600 points with LMIA.
I will try to submit ASAP.
In fact, you seem to be indicating that you have already submitted 2 letters and 1 of them says Permanent and Full time. You need to get the revised letter to include non-seasonal as well. I'm not sure if it is mandatory because no member has reported a rejection on that basis. But it can't hurt to send in a CSE along with a letter which has exactly what CIC wants.

All the best!

sand02

Jul 13, 2015
dragon17Sky said:
Hi Sand02, I hope you get it reopened soon, just get an updated offer letter from your employer and submit it as soon as you can.

Good luck,
Did your employer got an LMO audit, are you aware of this?
Hi Dragon17sky,

can you suggest me what to mention in CSE about rejection and also do you think they will reopen my application again?

Thanks in advance.

Ceist

Jul 13, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
[Thanks so much Asivad for your prompt response! I've provided some more information below.

1) This could be an issue for my one previous employer as he is not available at the moment. However, the letter has a definitive start and end date. Do I still need to adjust the letter in your opinion to include the typed date? Current job (one that include up until 'present' will be no problem to adjust.

That should be fine, no changes needed.

2) Does this mean I should simply exclude my high school education from the 'Education History' section? It does ask whether I have "finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?" at the beginning of this section which is why I included it in the first place.

Yes. If you've done ECA for Bachelors and above, stick with those.

3) Noted. I think I'll include it to be safe.

4) Yes, it's an official English copy received directly from my university. It's an electronic copy rather than a scanned original but I'm hoping this is sufficient.

Should be fine. If you still want to tread carefully on this, get the Latin version translated and notarized before uploading all of them (Latin version, notarized translation, English version).

Thanks again for your help. This really means a lot!]
Thanks so much again Asivad. You've been extremely helpful!

One last quick question that someone might be able to shed some light on. In the 'Education History' section when it asks about 'Full-time/part-time study', does your selection really have much of an impact on your application?

The guidance states the following - "You must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of your studies." I was studying to be a CA while working (10-16 hours a week) but my work could maybe be considered training in the workplace.

In my opinion I could argue for either but was wondering if there is any real impact down the line from selecting a particular option? I'm leaning towards noting part-time in order to err on the side of caution.

Thanks again!

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
I got following reply to my CSE for attaching updates documents (specifically Offer Letter, Letter of employment) on second business day:
"Please note that we have received your supporting documents and we have attached them to your application."

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceist said:
Thanks so much again Asivad. You've been extremely helpful!

One last quick question that someone might be able to shed some light on. In the 'Education History' section when it asks about 'Full-time/part-time study', does your selection really have much of an impact on your application?

The guidance states the following - "You must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of your studies." I was studying to be a CA while working (10-16 hours a week) but my work could maybe be considered training in the workplace.

In my opinion I could argue for either but was wondering if there is any real impact down the line from selecting a particular option? I'm leaning towards noting part-time in order to err on the side of caution.

Thanks again!
I would imagine this won't make any difference to FSW applicants but be of importance to CEC applicants alone because they aren't allowed to showcase work experience gained while being a full-time student.

If the education credential was acquired quite some time back so as to not impact basic EE eligibility (possessing at least 1 year of continuous full-time work experience of NOC 0/A/B in the last 10 years) then this requirement is further watered down and becomes a mere formality to be completed in a section with no further effect on your application.

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
sand02 said:
Thanks buddy.
I will request CSE today or tomorrow with a new offer letter.
How long will it take to get LMO audit done?

I am not sure about that, it took my employer around a week to gather everything properly.

sand02 said:
Hi Dragon17sky,

can you suggest me what to mention in CSE about rejection and also do you think they will reopen my application again?

Thanks in advance.

I think you just have to apologize for the misunderstanding and request them to reconsider the rewritten offer letter.

If that helps I wrote something like this:
"First of all I want to apologize for a possible mistake from my end. I was reading through the Complete Application Submission guidelines posted on CIC website again and noticed that the offer letter that my employer provided does not clearly specify that my job is Permanent, Full time and Non Seasonal.

In order to prevent any misunderstanding from the missing keywords in the offer letter I requested my employer to make sure that my offer letter does meet all of the guidelines and specifically states them without any confusion in it. My employer was very helpful and he re wrote my offer letter as per the guidelines, I have attached that offer letter with this Letter of Explanation"

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhonny20 said:
Please do man.. I cant afford to loose 600 points ( hope everything goes well)
I called and transferred to leave a message, I'll write an email instead

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhonny20 said:
have u started to make an another profile or still waiting for reason??
I need to wait for their reason, and it is the only logical way.

I can create a new profile if I want to, and I can do everything all over again and wait another 3-4 months, no big deal, but I don't need another WTF moment at the end

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
uncle_smile said:
I need to wait for their reason, and it is the only logical way.

I can create a new profile if I want to, and I can do everything all over again and wait another 3-4 months, no big deal, but I don't need another WTF moment at the end
You are right man...lets see what are their reasons and act accordingly.