+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

Ceist

Jul 13, 2015
Thanks so much Asivad for your prompt response! I've provided some more information below.

1) This could be an issue for my one previous employer as he is not available at the moment. However, the letter has a definitive start and end date. Do I still need to adjust the letter in your opinion to include the typed date? Current job (one that include up until 'present' will be no problem to adjust.

2) Does this mean I should simply exclude my high school education from the 'Education History' section? It does ask whether I have "finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?" at the beginning of this section which is why I included it in the first place.

3) Noted. I think I'll include it to be safe.

4) Yes, it's an official English copy received directly from my university. It's an electronic copy rather than a scanned original but I'm hoping this is sufficient.

Thanks again for your help. This really means a lot!

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
uncle_smile said:
Hi all:

How long did it take from the moment you know the refusal/cancellation to the day you received the official letter?

My ECAS updated Jun 30th with Decision Made, and on July 8th MyCIC said it was refused, and up until now, I received nothing, neither in my email associated with EE nor MyCIC. CIC call centre agent told me they sent one on July 7th, and it may delay 5 calendar days.
hey Buddy,
what options you have in your mind now. Will you create new profile?? How long is your nomination valid?

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhonny20 said:
hey Buddy,
what options you have in your mind now. Will you create new profile?? How long is your nomination valid?
My nomination is valid til Sep 2015, not much time left.

I do believe there's option, but without their official letter, there's no green light to proceed.

That's a fact

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
uncle_smile said:
My nomination is valid til Sep 2015, not much time left.

I do believe there's option, but without their official letter, there's no green light to proceed.

That's a fact
Yea because if we lost our nomination our 600 points will be no where.

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhonny20 said:
Yea because if we lost our nomination our 600 points will be no where.
I was checking my nomination letter, there's a column shows " Original Nomination or Extension",
I checked BC PNP web F&Q and found:

"I was nominated under the Skills Immigration stream. Can I apply for permanent residence through CIC's Express Entry system?
As your nomination was approved under the Skills Immigration stream, it cannot be used in CIC’s Express Entry system or to apply online for permanent residence through the Express Entry system.
The BC PNP will not accept requests to convert a Skills Immigration nomination to an Express Entry BC nomination.
If your BC PNP application has been approved for nomination under the Skills Immigration stream, you are responsible for submitting a complete paper application for permanent residence to the CIC visa office. As outlined in the nomination package sent to you, this must be submitted prior to the expiry date listed on your nomination certificate or your nomination will expire. The BC PNP does not extend nominations."

Basically, each day delayed is a day wasted

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
uncle_smile said:
I was checking my nomination letter, there's a column shows " Original Nomination or Extension",
I checked BC PNP web F&Q and found:

"I was nominated under the Skills Immigration stream. Can I apply for permanent residence through CIC's Express Entry system?
As your nomination was approved under the Skills Immigration stream, it cannot be used in CIC's Express Entry system or to apply online for permanent residence through the Express Entry system.
The BC PNP will not accept requests to convert a Skills Immigration nomination to an Express Entry BC nomination.
If your BC PNP application has been approved for nomination under the Skills Immigration stream, you are responsible for submitting a complete paper application for permanent residence to the CIC visa office. As outlined in the nomination package sent to you, this must be submitted prior to the expiry date listed on your nomination certificate or your nomination will expire. The BC PNP does not extend nominations."

Basically, each day delayed is a day wasted
But our nomination was an online nomination through cic portal. We cant send paper application with that. However I know they will not extend it :(

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhonny20 said:
But our nomination was an online nomination through cic portal. We cant send paper application with that. However I know they will not extend it :(
I gotta make a call to BCPNP office to confirm if it's extend-able, I guess my case is rare case, and I do believe they refuse me for some reason.

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
uncle_smile said:
I gotta make a call to BCPNP office to confirm if it's extend-able, I guess my case is rare case
Please do man.. I cant afford to loose 600 points ( hope everything goes well)

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hello Asivad,

I'll be grateful if any of you can help with this.

Assume that one now has a new passport which is blank and doesn't show any previous travels. How is one going to to prove any previous travels?

Passport showing previous travels is now expired and one is not in possession of it.

What if you had not made a copy of those pages that show your travel history??
What can one do in this case? What can one expect??

Thanks

Silas

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ceist said:
Thanks so much Asivad for your prompt response! I've provided some more information below.

1) This could be an issue for my one previous employer as he is not available at the moment. However, the letter has a definitive start and end date. Do I still need to adjust the letter in your opinion to include the typed date? Current job (one that include up until 'present' will be no problem to adjust.

That should be fine, no changes needed.

2) Does this mean I should simply exclude my high school education from the 'Education History' section? It does ask whether I have "finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?" at the beginning of this section which is why I included it in the first place.

Yes. If you've done ECA for Bachelors and above, stick with those.

3) Noted. I think I'll include it to be safe.

4) Yes, it's an official English copy received directly from my university. It's an electronic copy rather than a scanned original but I'm hoping this is sufficient.

Should be fine. If you still want to tread carefully on this, get the Latin version translated and notarized before uploading all of them (Latin version, notarized translation, English version).

Thanks again for your help. This really means a lot!

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Thank you Asivad and Anaya. Hearing your opinions is really helpful.

I was thinking of sending a letter to confirm my promotion and that the promotion does not impact the duties and responsibilities mentioned in my earlier reference letter. In my CSE message I will say the purpose of the attachment is to update CIC with regards to my pay increase and promotion. Of course the new reference letter will be dated.

Does that seem like an okay course of action for me to do next week or will it create attention?

I am currently away from the office and for the first time ever I am hoping CIC does not touch my application this week :(

Anaya and Asivad,

sorry to reopen the topic. But I just noticed that I have also uploaded my UAE Residency visa which is stamped on my passport. I have two visas covering the years 2013-15 and 2015-2017, both these visas include my current employers name and my job title. Would that make my case a bit better?

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
sand02 said:
2175-web developer.

ITA : JAN 31

APPLICATION SUBMITTED : FEB 23
Hi Sand02, I hope you get it reopened soon, just get an updated offer letter from your employer and submit it as soon as you can.

Good luck,
Did your employer got an LMO audit, are you aware of this?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Anaya and Asivad,

sorry to reopen the topic. But I just noticed that I have also uploaded my UAE Residency visa which is stamped on my passport. I have two visas covering the years 2013-15 and 2015-2017, both these visas include my current employers name and my job title. Would that make my case a bit better?
The way I understand this is that CIC views all available documentation before making a decision because the officer has to provide a comprehensive reasoning for their decision in GCMS. I stand by my earlier recommendation - wait for them to take a decision and act accordingly.