+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
thanuxxi said:
Guys, I am concerned now, cause I just noticed something

me and my husband did the medical exam on the same day: mine says IME Non EDE (Worker), although I told her it was for immigration and my husband’s says EDE (family-EDE).

Is this going to be an issue? I received AOR on October 28, application started on November 3rd and medical are still in progress
Last week, a couple of people passed meds and they were evaluated under EDE category. So, don't worry!!

Sunil_JZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Does anyone know what happens if you PR application gets rejected for what one could call straight admin reasons-so not for criminal record, medical or misrepresentation.

So, You receive ITA, you have 60 days to apply. You apply within 60 days and get rejected. You still in theory have the same number of points that you had before which got you the ITA. Now does your EE profile get cancelled so you are not eligible for next draw?

Thanks for your thoughts, all appreciated

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sunil_JZ said:
Does anyone know what happens if you PR application gets rejected for what one could call straight admin reasons-so not for criminal record, medical or misrepresentation.

So, You receive ITA, you have 60 days to apply. You apply within 60 days and get rejected. You still in theory have the same number of points that you had before which got you the ITA. Now does your EE profile get cancelled so you are not eligible for next draw?

Thanks for your thoughts, all appreciated
If you get rejected, your ecas access is blocked right away. You must submit a new EE profile again and wait for a fresh ITA.

Farcoff

Nov 3, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you get rejected, your ecas access is blocked right away. You must submit a new EE profile again and wait for a fresh ITA.
ECAS, and MyCiC access will not block even an refusal take place

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
Previously, my application with my wife and 2 kids refused for CSQ due to documents not as per required format. I did not mentioned this in my OOPNP application and got PNP . Now I got ITA by filling my online application for PR, I must choose answer YES or NO for this Statutory Questions:

- Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

How do you think should I answer YES?

If I select NO in my and my wife form I see a tab for additional document appears but when I say yes then no link for adding additional document appears. Need help on this.

Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xheikh said:
Previously, my application with my wife and 2 kids refused for CSQ due to documents not as per required format. I did not mentioned this in my OOPNP application and got PNP . Now I got ITA by filling my online application for PR, I must choose answer YES or NO for this Statutory Questions:

- Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

How do you think should I answer YES?

If I select NO in my and my wife form I see a tab for additional document appears but when I say yes then no link for adding additional document appears. Need help on this.

Thanks.
If the response for CSQ said "refused" and not "incomplete or return unprocessed being incomplete", then you better choose YES and explain the details appropriately in additional doc.

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
fkl said:
If the response for CSQ said "refused" and not "incomplete or return unprocessed being incomplete", then you better choose YES and explain the details appropriately in additional doc.
The CSQ letter shows this

Decision for failure to provide required documents
Therefore , we reject your application for selection certificate, as provided for in the Immigration Act in Quebec.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xheikh said:
The CSQ letter shows this

Decision for failure to provide required documents
Therefore , we reject your application for selection certificate, as provided for in the Immigration Act in Quebec.
Sure, so you should attach that and consider it a refusal. It is much more simpler issue but still counts as a refusal. You are better off that they see your profile and find that a refusal was only due to missing docs.

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
fkl said:
Sure, so you should attach that and consider it a refusal. It is much more simpler issue but still counts as a refusal. You are better off that they see your profile and find that a refusal was only due to missing docs.
Thanks "fkl" so you mean I will surly add this and they will surly reject my PR application due to this. Can you explain little more.

If I select NO then how you see this. Will CIC check with other provinces system?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xheikh said:
Thanks "fkl" so you mean I will surly add this and they will surly reject my PR application due to this. Can you explain little more.
You are welcome.

No i just mean that you should let them know while showing this info (i.e. refusal due to missing docs) and put whatever explanation you had (may be you didn't think the CSQ application with missing docs counted as a rejection) but now you realized this and hence are attaching it along.

I expect them to understand this and not consider it as a severe an issue. Generally CIC's behavior is positive as long as you are the one informing them of a mistake.

However, there is nothing you could do if you don't tell them, they find it latter and tell you that you had a refusal for CSQ which you didn't mention and hence face the consequences.

xheikh

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
fkl said:
You are welcome.

No i just mean that you should let them know while showing this info (i.e. refusal due to missing docs) and put whatever explanation you had (may be you didn't think the CSQ application with missing docs counted as a rejection) but now you realized this and hence are attaching it along.

I expect them to understand this and not consider it as a severe an issue. Generally CIC's behavior is positive as long as you are the one informing them of a mistake.

However, there is nothing you could do if you don't tell them, they find it latter and tell you that you had a refusal for CSQ which you didn't mention and hence face the consequences.
Thanks again but when I make selection "YES" for this question, no option to attach any additional documents appears while with selection "NO" shows additional document tab and also shows the fees in the bottom.

If I say NO then what could be the consequences?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
xheikh said:
Thanks again but when I make selection "YES" for this question, no option to attach any additional documents appears while with selection "NO" shows additional document tab and also shows the fees in the bottom.

I really doubt there is any correlation between showing further docs to upload and showing fee.

CIC has changed formats quite a few times for the online application.

But i also selected YES for this question (because i had a prior visit visa refusal to US) and there was no new separate document asked for this during application.

However, i attached the detail in the COVER LETTER along with any other extra docs that i needed to provide.

Their system is not very comprehensive. So they would / might ask you for further docs latter.

The only actual detail of this in writing comes when they asked for SCHEDULE A latter.

THAT DOCUMENT has a field where you explain the circumstances of refusal and possibly attach any document needed.

The consequence of saying NO here can be misrepresentation in which case they could ban you for a few years from applying. This is the worst case possibility but certainly CAN HAPPEN.

So why don't you be cautious and just explain things the way they are.

If it is not important to them, they would just ignore that part. At least they can never say that you MISREPRESENTED.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
xheikh said:

Dont say no because they will find out. As what people are sayingon the forum, many applicants had some refusals and still got PR. The most important thing is that you don't lie about it. One person didn't state 2 US visa refusals, got charged with misrepresentation and a 5 year ban from Canada.

If there is no specific form/field to provide more details, you can always add Letter of Explanation.

Hope this helps!

Farcoff

Nov 3, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well I've not been in that situation but someone told me this. You won't be able to do anything with that profile, correct?
What "Someone" told you was incorrect, ECAS will continuing generate status of you application even it's refused, such as refusal letter sent to you on a specific date. ECAS will also list your applications, previous or future ones, and it allows you to change your mailing/home address, in another word, if you have an UCI, your ECAS tracks all your applications.

As of MyCiC account, once refusal decision has been made, you can abandon it unless you want to work on a file re-open, but we all know how time consuming it is.