+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapplying for CAQ

captaincook

Jan 16, 2013
Hi,
I have got a CAQ Fall 2012, but because of the delay in my visa I did not go to Canada. I am planning to go now and start in summer. Should I apply for a new CAQ?
Because in CAQ is written that is valid for fall and winter, and if I differ more, I should reapply.

And one last thing: what happens in the airport if there is something wrong with your CAQ?

Thanks

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Please tell me the steps from the starting to apply for CAQ as I have got admission for Concordia Univ for Sep'13 Intake...

Also tell me the documents which you had submitted at that time...I am from India and want to know how much did it take for u to receive CAQ in hand from the date u submitted online

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hi mate. I'm in the same boat as you. I deferred my session from fall to winter and then from winter to summer. Now I'm also applying for a new CAQ. Have a few questions in my head regarding the documents to be attached along with it though.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012

amircivil

Dec 28, 2012
Hi. I have also deferred my admission from Jan to May.
I called them, and they answered that you have to apply for a new CAQ.
again I sent an email to immigration office(I told that I have received my visa , but I have deferred my admission)
They replied: " If you differed your studies and applied to get a new ÙCAQ, you will need also to apply for a new study permit. "
anybody has experience? does it mean that I have to apply for visa again ??????????

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
amircivil said:
Hi. I have also deferred my admission from Jan to May.
I called them, and they answered that you have to apply for a new CAQ.
again I sent an email to immigration office(I told that I have received my visa , but I have deferred my admission)
They replied: " If you differed your studies and applied to get a new ÙCAQ, you will need also to apply for a new study permit. "
anybody has experience? does it mean that I have to apply for visa again ??????????
at port of entry they give u study permit same duration of ur CAQ so if ur CAQ expires before u finish ur studies ur study permit will end too....u may still have ur visa valid.....so lets say ur CAQ is for 2 years and u deffer ur admission by 6 months then u will only have 1 and a half years to finish ur studies or u will have to extend both CAQ and study permit.

pedstructure

Mar 10, 2013
mead said:
at port of entry they give u study permit same duration of ur CAQ so if ur CAQ expires before u finish ur studies ur study permit will end too....u may still have ur visa valid.....so lets say ur CAQ is for 2 years and u deffer ur admission by 6 months then u will only have 1 and a half years to finish ur studies or u will have to extend both CAQ and study permit.
I have the same problem. I received my first CAQ for winter 2013. Then with that CAQ I applied for student visa and I received it too. But because it was too late I deferred my admission to May.

From what you said we can understand that even if we do not apply for a new CAQ and we go to Montreal with the previous one, they WILL issue our study permit but the starting and ending date of study permit will not match the starting and ending date of program. Consequently, in the last term we will have to extend our CAQ and study permit inside Canada. Is that true?

Our biggest fear is that they do not issue our study permit or they force us to apply for another student visa (in Canadian Visa Office outside Canada). Is that possible?

Many Thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
pedstructure said:
I have the same problem. I received my first CAQ for winter 2013. Then with that CAQ I applied for student visa and I received it too. But because it was too late I deferred my admission to May.

From what you said we can understand that even if we do not apply for a new CAQ and we go to Montreal with the previous one, they WILL issue our study permit but the starting and ending date of study permit will not match the starting and ending date of program. Consequently, in the last term we will have to extend our CAQ and study permit inside Canada. Is that true?

Our biggest fear is that they do not issue our study permit or they force us to apply for another student visa (in Canadian Visa Office outside Canada). Is that possible?

Many Thanks
if u apply for visa using old CAQ they may give u visa depending on other factors but they wont reject based on CAQ date. Even at port of entry they will issue study permit unless there is any other problem. but u will pay more fees to extend ur permit once in canada and on top of that u will have to explain the reason for extending(which is not a big deal just a hassle). U will have to attach all the documents u needed now to extend study permit e.g. proof of funds etc.....

pedstructure

Mar 10, 2013
mead said:
if u apply for visa using old CAQ they may give u visa depending on other factors but they wont reject based on CAQ date. Even at port of entry they will issue study permit unless there is any other problem. but u will pay more fees to extend ur permit once in canada and on top of that u will have to explain the reason for extending(which is not a big deal just a hassle). U will have to attach all the documents u needed now to extend study permit e.g. proof of funds etc.....
like I said I have already received my visa with that old CAQ. Then, I deferred my admission from Jan to May.
The thing that I do not have is study permit because they will issue it at the port of entry and I have not been there yet. I am going there in mid-April for the first time.

So what do you think? Is it better to get a new CAQ (even though I received my visa using the previous one), or going to Montreal with the old one and ask them to issue my study permit using the old one and then extend at the end (is it even possible?)?

Is that possible to go there with a visa which was granted using previous one, but getting a study permit using the new one? Should not they (CAQs) be the same?

In addition, what will happen if I get a new CAQ and go there with both the new one and the old one. Then I will be ready for everything and I will give them the CAQ they ask.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

pedstructure said:
like I said I have already received my visa with that old CAQ. Then, I deferred my admission from Jan to May.
The thing that I do not have is study permit because they will issue it at the port of entry and I have not been there yet. I am going there in mid-April for the first time.

So what do you think? Is it better to get a new CAQ (even though I received my visa using the previous one), or going to Montreal with the old one and ask them to issue my study permit using the old one and then extend at the end (is it even possible?)?

Is that possible to go there with a visa which was granted using previous one, but getting a study permit using the new one? Should not they (CAQs) be the same?

In addition, what will happen if I get a new CAQ and go there with both the new one and the old one. Then I will be ready for everything and I will give them the CAQ they ask.

1. Your visa is your TRV (not SP) which permit you to enter Canada and you do not need to apply again. Apply for a new CAQ, and you will get a SP at port on the basis of a new CAQ.

pedstructure

Mar 10, 2013
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Your visa is your TRV (not SP) which permit you to enter Canada and you do not need to apply again. Apply for a new CAQ, and you will get a SP at port on the basis of a new CAQ.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Let's assume that I am going to apply for a new CAQ...2 questions will rise:

1 - Do I need to mention the previous CAQ even though I have not studied in Canada yet? Do I need to answer "yes" to the question which says : "Have you ever received CAQ before?"

2 - There is a question which says : "Specify the office to which you want to send your application for study permit". What about this one? I have already applied and received my visa. Where should I choose? Same as the first CAQ? (e.g Ankara)

Many Thanks

One1Only

Mar 11, 2013
pedstructure said:
Thanks a lot for your help.

Let's assume that I am going to apply for a new CAQ...2 questions will rise:

1 - Do I need to mention the previous CAQ even though I have not studied in Canada yet? Do I need to answer "yes" to the question which says : "Have you ever received CAQ before?"

2 - There is a question which says : "Specify the office to which you want to send your application for study permit". What about this one? I have already applied and received my visa. Where should I choose? Same as the first CAQ? (e.g Ankara)

Many Thanks
Hi,
Dear,

1- ans. yes, you must be mention your previous CAQ no. >> yes off course >> .
1- ans. ankara ( yes the same as previous ) ./.

also, you will need another / Differ admission letter by your college.
:) :)
Best of Luck !!

pedstructure

Mar 10, 2013
One1Only said:
Hi,
Dear,

1- ans. yes, you must be mention your previous CAQ no. >> yes off course >> .
1- ans. ankara ( yes the same as previous ) ./.

also, you will need another / Differ admission letter by your college.
:) :)
Best of Luck !!
Thanks a million for your help.

Have you experienced the same situation? Or you are just answering my questions according to what you feel is the best thing to do?

I am so worried about the email my friend has received which says:

Sir,

If you differed your studies and applied to get a new ÙCAQ, you will need also to apply for a new study permit.

In addition another friend of mine had the same situation and entered Canada last week. I am not sure if she received another CAQ or not. I am going to ask her about what happened to her in the port of entry. But I do not think that she received another CAQ because she did not have much time to apply for it.

Thanks a lot dude

ammy sandhu

Star Member
Apr 4, 2013
hi mates,

i am in a big trouble. i got addm from concordia univ may 2013. i submitted my file without caq as it was pending and thought to submit it later.

bu my visa was rejected stating that:
1) caq missing in file
2) purpose of visit

after two days of rejection i recieved my caq.

now i want to reapply for next intake i.e sept 2013.

my ques is

1) should i reapply for new caq?

2) what r the chances of visa and procedure to follow?

thanks in advance and pls do reply soon..

May 16, 2018
Thanks a million for your help.

Have you experienced the same situation? Or you are just answering my questions according to what you feel is the best thing to do?

I am so worried about the email my friend has received which says:

Sir,

If you differed your studies and applied to get a new ÙCAQ, you will need also to apply for a new study permit.

In addition another friend of mine had the same situation and entered Canada last week. I am not sure if she received another CAQ or not. I am going to ask her about what happened to her in the port of entry. But I do not think that she received another CAQ because she did not have much time to apply for it.

Thanks a lot dude
I am in the same situation. I got my caq and visa but due to delay in the visa processing I am unable to join Summer 2018.So I differed from summer 2018 to Fall 2018. Should I need to apply CAQ again